• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

FluxWaveZ

Not directly related to Xrd, but might as well post this here:

Toshimichi Mori (Arc System Works):
2015 is going to be the year we really take off. I can’t say a whole lot right now, but there’s a lot I want to push forward in the coming year.

Sounds interesting. So far, they've announced Xblaze: Lost Memories, Inferno Climber, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax ver. 2.00.

wait you mean this new game is full priced?

fuck that shit.

I find it hard to believe someone would be truly interested in playing this game with comments like this. What do you expect?

kn2zALF.jpg
Of course amazon...

edit: OF FUCKING COURSE!

Nyoro SF

Was interested in this game, just checked the price, it is $60!!!. Will wait till it is $15.

Hop off to another thread to complain about pricing, don't get run over by a mod on the way.

Plan on playing some more tonight since I'm slowly shaking off the Valkyria Chronicles vortex.

dem0neyes

Was interested in this game, just checked the price, it is $60!!!. Will wait till it is $15.

I seriously just don't understand some people. I have already played this game more than some of the typical triple A $60 games that i bought earlier in the year.

xezuru

Sounds interesting. So far, they've announced Xblaze: Lost Memories, Inferno Climber, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax ver. 2.00.

I'm glad Arksys has the resources to do all this shit. Honestly though, I was one of the dudes who really liked Hard Corps Uprising, and I wish Arksys could do more non-fighting game stuff on the side. Always had a hidden dream that Koji Igarashi would be able to direct a fully funded Castlevania with ArkSys doing the gameplay systems.

Papstr

Neo Member
I'm glad Arksys has the resources to do all this shit. Honestly though, I was one of the dudes who really liked Hard Corps Uprising, and I wish Arksys could do more non-fighting game stuff on the side. Always had a hidden dream that Koji Igarashi would be able to direct a fully funded Castlevania with ArkSys doing the gameplay systems.

I'm picturing a Castlevania with roman canceling and it sounds amazing. Heck I want to be able to YRC my grenades in CoD.

Skilletor

Whelp.

Nowhere around me has a sealed copy.

And I pre-ordered a LE.

Fuck this shit.

I'm going to cancel that LE.

And Arcsys can suck a million dicks and die a million deaths before I WAIT to get regular copy.

Arcsys is dead to me.

I shall rejoice when they go under.

He's rather spot on.

Given your username, your capacity to judge value is rather severely limited.

Why are you still here? lol

Mik317

I find it hard to believe someone would be truly interested in playing this game with comments like this. What do you expect?

I am joking.....I am waiting for me LE so money aint a issue for me. I also don't get why people interested in something would make similar comments...but they do and have.

FluxWaveZ

I am joking.....I am waiting for me LE so money aint a issue for me. I also don't get why people interested in something would make similar comments...but they do and have.

Ha, sarcasm detection failed me once again. Should have realized that.

I didn't actually need to buy the game myself, but I had to get a PS4 stick for it so it balances out.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Man, my LE will ship on the 23rd, talk about a long wait.
I keep fucking forgetting Xblaze came out. I need to pick it up x.x
I'm playing it at the moment and I'm really liking it. It has good production values and it shows. Mind you that it is an ASW story, so don't walk in expecting anything to make sense and you should be fine.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Of course amazon...

edit: OF FUCKING COURSE!

Hit them up and see if you can get some sort of light refund at the least. They are normally pretty good about damaged goods

Man, my LE will ship on the 23rd, talk about a long wait.

I'm playing it at the moment and I'm really liking it. It has good production values and it shows. Mind you that it is an ASW story, so don't walk in expecting anything to make sense and you should be fine.

I jump into the story modes of the ASW games the second my game is loaded up the first time. I know what I'm getting into :3

Wonko_C

I can kind of understand where is frogger coming from: I have a friend who looks at Xrd and he doesn't get that it's actually a full-fledged AAA polygonal fighting game running on Unreal Engine. All he sees is that it looks exactly the same as the older GGs and in his words: "it didn't evolve like Street Fighter IV did from SF III".

It's amazing how ArkSys' tech manages to fool people into believing Xrd is a sprite based game so much that they think it looks exactly the same as the previous ones. :v

Tizoc

Wait there's another XBlaze VN in the works?

Skilletor

I can kind of understand where is frogger coming from: I have a friend who looks at Xrd and he doesn't get that it's actually a full-fledged AAA polygonal fighting game running on Unreal Engine. All he sees is that it looks exactly the same as the older GGs and in his words: "it didn't evolve like Street Fighter IV did from SF III".

It's amazing how ArkSys' tech manages to fool people into believing Xrd is a sprite based game so much that they think it looks exactly the same as the previous ones. :v

Nah, it's more like many people are conditioned to think that 2D = old like SNES games and indies, and as such should be cheap. Don't think it has anything to do with polygons, just number of Ds.

A mad, mad hope that Arcsys will have an epiphany, realize what a horribly bad pile of dreck Xrd is, and scramble to get an update or six out to rectify the situation?

A man can dream.

How do you go from pre-ordering the LE of a game to hating the game and the parent company because of a delay caused by circumstances completely out of their control? It'd be one thing if you were lodging legitimate complaints about the game's mechanics but you're just literally shitposting right now.

Anyone wanna add me to get in some games? I'm east coast, PS3. Handle is qial.

Sure thing, I'll get on now.

Wonko_C

Nah, it's more like many people are conditioned to think that 2D = old like SNES games and indies, and as such should be cheap. Don't think it has anything to do with polygons, just number of Ds.

But SF4 and Marvel are "2D" and no one I know says they should cost 15.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I have, but also what Flux says.

2D games in general are just seen as a relic of the past for some reason. Don't understand it, personally.

I am acquainted with someone who literally says everything should be 3D because his eyes see in 3D.

Some people are literal minded to say the least.

Top Bottom