• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

I noticed PS3 fight stick compatibility for the PS4 wasn't listed. :p

This is the number one reason I've been playing more SF4 than Xrd over the past week now that I have good internet again. Xrd is way, way more fun, but I feel like I'm only playing at a quarter of my execution on pad. Like, I can't even cancel into super reliably.

xezuru

Finally got my LE, actually probably my favorite LE i've ever bought just with just the presentation and sweet rock that comes with it. Keychain is more heavydoody than I thought it would be. Two thumbs up.

I'm already hitting that point where I don't really feel strongly about any of the playable characters.

This game is missing the Noel factor. :p

I wonder if we'll be getting any more DLC characters before the next version. BB:CS had 3 before a new version so I wonder if we can expect the same here.

Uraizen

Banned
Johnny is sure thing for the next round of DLC characters. If they add Baiken I'm dropping Ram immediately

All signs points to no if we use BBCP as an example. Unlockable console char then two DLC chars for one version. New version comes, west gets blue balled, three new chars for console update, repeat.

Dugna

With how they referenced the
japanese
weirdly at the end of the story mode there should be a lot of returning characters.

fader

What button layout do people use with stick? Never really spent enough time to become familiar with GG layouts.

Most common one is Type A

GGXRD_Controls.png

What button layout do people use with stick? Never really spent enough time to become familiar with GG layouts.

Trying and getting used to A type. Its really awkward since its a 5 button game, having that blank spot in the middle is taking a while to get used to. Its taking actual brain power at this point to hit the dust button lol.

4r5

So JP hasn't gotten the new update, so I should be playing on my US copy, if I wanted to play online?

Why do I want to play online?

Coda

I have a Jap copy so I know it hasn't been patched yet but I still feel like my commands don't read in game half of the time, it's really annoying and strange. Game just feels very rigid in terms of movement and execution.

Maybe SFIV and MvC3 have dumbed my skill down, I don't know.

Riposte

I use Type B, with Dust next to HS.

The only issue is my brain keeps hitting Dust for Kick moves.

Whenever I do it I don't even shout, I'm just like this:
081kdojg.gif

LowParry

So...how easy it to get into Guilty Gear compared to say Blazblue? I don't have an arcade stick for my PS4 yet because I'm waiting for a Korean type. I thought of custom but seeing that a lot of current fighters out there are going PC, my Round 2 stick is perfectly fit but eh, been kind of all over the place of what to decide. But anyway, I'm ranting. Xrd! It pretty easy to get into? Controller friendly?

fader

I don't know, but I know the last time the topic was brought up in this very thread, most were saying Type A with K and P switched. That's what I'm using now as well, and I'm not a Street Fighter player.

internet isn't most people. I do know a few players who do this but most GG players I know do Type A

So...how easy it to get into Guilty Gear compared to say Blazblue? I don't have an arcade stick for my PS4 yet because I'm waiting for a Korean type. I thought of custom but seeing that a lot of current fighters out there are going PC, my Round 2 stick is perfectly fit but eh, been kind of all over the place of what to decide. But anyway, I'm ranting. Xrd! It pretty easy to get into? Controller friendly?

They definitely thought of BB and P4A players when designing the tutorials and default controller maps so i wouldnt be too intimidated

FluxWaveZ

Xrd! It pretty easy to get into? Controller friendly?

Not easy to get into for a GG newcomer, but accommodating and extensive tutorials/missions gives all the useful resources necessary to do so.

As controller friendly as any other fighter, I would imagine, however the execution is stricter in this game than others.

internet isn't most people. I do know a few players who do this but most GG players I know do Type A

That's why I said "in this very thread, most..." I'm talking about this thread/community, not the entire population of GG Xrd players.

Top Bottom