• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Uraizen

Banned
I have a Jap copy so I know it hasn't been patched yet but I still feel like my commands don't read in game half of the time, it's really annoying and strange. Game just feels very rigid in terms of movement and execution.

Maybe SFIV and MvC3 have dumbed my skill down, I don't know.

Yes
Nah ... kinda

During cancels, right?

Dugna

So was there any word on where the PS+ color set is? It says it was added this week but I don't see it at all. If the US got christmas colors instead then that's cool but I don't even see where I could buy the PS+ colors.

NEO0MJ

The top left button is usually a jab for most games I play like Street Fighter, Marvel, Tekken.

Yeah, which is why it's so confusing. I only played GG with a pad before so playing it with a stick for the first time needs some adjusting. I mean, even BB had the top left button as jab.

Zissou

PS+ tron colors aren't out yet anywhere AFAIK. They come to the JPN store sometime in January, I believe. Not sure about NA.

I always use default buttons when possible. Weird execution stuff tends to get most figured out/explored on the default layout. For example, FD cancelling is really easy on the default layout, but if you switched P and K you'd have to use a bit less natural plink to do it. Though I think it's mostly in my nature to do default buttons because I'm OCD about that kind of thing, haha.

Onemic

I use Type-A. Took some time to get used to, but now it feels natural to me. I always try to use the layout that best mimics the arcade experience, so I guess that's why I stuck with Type-A

I find that all of Zato's negative edge techniques are easier with P on top. Holding K for extended pressure is easier with my thumb than a finger. You only really hold P for brief pressure or puppet combos.

Though it would be even better if qcf.K we're his neutral summon and qcf.HS were the buzzsaw. Also, I wish Shadow Gallery were a hcb motion.

Rhapsody

Banned
Type A all the way. Makes sense too since it's going in order on button strengths.

If I ever play on pad, I swap P and K on the default pad setting. Just to keep that rainbow layout (with Dust on R1 trigger).

Cast-Iron

Banned
After 3 hours of playing, the Fightpad that cames with the Japanese Edition broke (more exactly, the D-PAD).
I dunno if it was a defective pad or all are a fucked up shit.

IMAG0294.jpg

Nearly 80 bucks for this...i should have chosen the US edition.

Volcynika

So was there any word on where the PS+ color set is? It says it was added this week but I don't see it at all. If the US got christmas colors instead then that's cool but I don't even see where I could buy the PS+ colors.

The 13th of January is when PS+ colors are coming for NA.

Also, Merry Christmas Guilty-GAF! :D

wwm0nkey

After 3 hours of playing, the Fightpad that cames with the Japanese Edition broke (more exactly, the D-PAD).

IMAG0294.jpg

Can't you use that to make a fight sick though? I mean if you don't want it I'm sure someone will pay for it

IMAG0294.jpg

Think they're all like that AFAIK. It appears that the dpad was glued on and doesn't seem to hold up very well over time.

K.Sabot

Was seeing a lot of pictures like that on twitter the day it came out in japan.

I find that all of Zato's negative edge techniques are easier with P on top. Holding K for extended pressure is easier with my thumb than a finger. You only really hold P for brief pressure or puppet combos.

Though it would be even better if qcf.K we're his neutral summon and qcf.HS were the buzzsaw. Also, I wish Shadow Gallery were a hcb motion.

I also feel like this makes a lot more sense for the character I play.

vocab

I use default. I'm used to default control schemes. Well... Except mvc2 because the control scheme is flat out garbage.

.la1n

How is online play for Xrd since the patch? Would be willing to jump in if they can get it up to speed. I just don't have time to invest in fighting games that can't offer competent online functionality this gen.

wwm0nkey

How is online play for Xrd since the patch? Would be willing to jump in if they can get it up to speed. I just don't have time to invest in fighting games that can't offer competent online functionality this gen.
Was getting constant 3-4 yesterday after the patch, its amazing compared to the 8-12 before patch.

IMAG0294.jpg

Yeah it's cheaply made. Sucks for those who spend a lot of money on these.

Coda

IMAG0294.jpg

I ended up just using the PCB in my current fightstick which is now compatible with 360 and PS4. At the end of the day it saved me $10 because my modder didn't have to buy a DS4 for the PCB. So it worked out.

Zetta

Game gets stuck at the initial loading screen. I deleted the game and installed the game but the problem persists.

Yeah I'm having the same issue with error CE-34878-0 being the culprit. I'm going to hoping its because psn is down but then why would I need internet to play this.

Edit: Setting your ps4 to offline made it work for me.

Yeah I'm having the same issue with error CE-34878-0 being the culprit. I'm going to hoping its because psn is down but then why would I need internet to play this.

Maybe it is because it tries to check for updates.

Nocturno999

It's working now. Thanks.

The problem started when PSN went down.

Was looking forward to playing online against some of you today now that I finally have a decent amount of free time.... woke up to seeing good ol lizard squad launched attacks agains psn and xbl. How thoughful of them.

Skilletor

IMAG0294.jpg

I'll buy the broken pad from you. :)

Astarte

ggs fader! Those games were a hilarious rollercoaster. I'm gonna go work on my Sin combos so I don't offend you with my scrub tactics :<
God bless fixed netcode

fader

ggs fader! Those games were a hilarious rollercoaster. I'm gonna go work on my Sin combos so I don't offend you with my scrub tactics :<
God bless fixed netcode

hey if they are working, then it's my fault lol!
freaking punch mashing :(

GG's that was really fun. I got to work on my I-no

Astarte

hey if they are working, then it's my fault lol!
freaking punch mashing :(

GG's that was really fun. I got to work on my I-no

Real though, every time you knocked me down you sent me some fear. In the end I was hitting f. S and 6P hoping to hit you out of the air :X
Your I-no spooky

fader

Real though, every time you knocked me down you sent me some fear. In the end I was hitting f. S and 6P hoping to hit you out of the air :X

ok i figured that was his anti-air. yea i messed up my note's setup 100% of the time lol. I gotta work on the angles.

Played a few people on my HK copy today. Netcode seemed much better, thank god. Had a long set with a Zato player that was a lot of fun. I actually kinda know how to block some of his stuff now.

Top Bottom