• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

4r5

An El nerf would be surprising, but she isn't an arcade character yet. So, maybe.

Too much holidayness to check out El's setups against the entire cast. But I'm pretty sure most of everyone has a way out, in addition to the InstantBlock-BlitzShield method.

So I'm trying to get into fighting games, this is probably a poor choice because of all the underlying systems involved, however the main issue I'm having is that it's fucking hard to get precise inputs with the sticks or the d-pad (PS4). Am I just doing shit stupid like?

Sayad

I-No's Sultry Performance combos are hella fun!

So I'm trying to get into fighting games, this is probably a poor choice because of all the underlying systems involved, however the main issue I'm having is that it's fucking hard to get precise inputs with the sticks or the d-pad (PS4). Am I just doing shit stupid like?
Go to training mode and turn on input display, practice the moves you're having problems with and check the input display whenever you fail to see what you did wrong. With PS4 controller you want to use the D-pad.

Use the d-pad, and just practice those inputs a ton.

Azure J

So I have this game now. :D

I am loving what I'm seeing of the Valentine sisters and I'm now dedicated to the gettin' good part of this. It's my first Guilty Gear but I'm seeing a lot of stuff I understand from other fighters (Smash and Marvel oddly enough) transferring over. I still need to get used to a few little things and find a button layout for PS4 pad that I feel comfortable with. Beyond that though, nothing but praises for the visual design, attention to detail and responsiveness of the game currently.

Also, Ramlethal color 4 and Christmas Elphet are the coolest duo.

ibjc1ATnLWnnT3.jpg

iovgE0geDpPp1.jpg

Pardon the quality, it's my first time using the PS4 share function and I don't know what produces the best screen caps.

Hmmm, my copy of the game (Digital) keeps freezing as it loads up the start up screen :/ Has anyone else been experiencing this problem. Game was fine yesterday and now all of a sudden >.<!

laaame

Hmmm, my copy of the game (Digital) keeps freezing as it loads up the start up screen :/ Has anyone else been experiencing this problem. Game was fine yesterday and now all of a sudden >.<!
Apparently it has something to do with the psn outage. I saw other people got their copy to work by putting their ps3/4 to offline.
I can't verify this though because I thought it had something to do with the jp 1.03 patch and deleted the entire game because you can't delete patches on the ps4. And now I can't even redownload the game because of psn being down.
Fuck...

Apparently it has something to do with the psn outage. I saw other people got their copy to work by putting their ps3/4 to offline.
I can't verify this though because I thought it had something to do with the jp 1.03 patch and deleted the entire game because you can't delete patches on the ps4. And now I can't even redownload the game because of psn being down.
Fuck...

Well I just signed out of PSN and booted it up just fine, so you were right! Thanks :D But now the question is, how is Sony going to fix this? Is this a thing with all digital releases?

Its related to the psn outage. Signing out fixed it for me.

EDIT
its not a common issue. The game was trying to connect to servers but couldn't because of the ddos, that resulted In the game locking up. Normally you won't be signed on during an outage so it shouldnt be much of a problem.

Astarte

Practice with the dpad. You just need some time and practice is all; it's really easy to become frustrated.

Does this game have a robust amount of single player content? Story modes for each character and whatnot?

It has like a 5 hour long story mode movie (which means no playable fights), a Medal of Millionaire mode where you basically "level up" your character with equipment and doodads, and a really good tutorial/mission mode. It's pretty good in terms of single player, but not anywhere close to Mortal Kombat if that's what you want. As much as I don't like to play MK, I have to admit the single player content in that game is fucking ridiculous.

Keihart

I just got a weid bug, the first loading screen now takes like5-10 minutes to load.
Is it comunicating with PSN or something? at first i though it was not loading because the gear stoped the animation, but while googling the problem the game started by itself.
This didn't happen the first times i played, so heads up!
I'm playing on PS4.

Salaadin

It has like a 5 hour long story mode movie (which means no playable fights), a Medal of Millionaire mode where you basically "level up" your character with equipment and doodads, and a really good tutorial/mission mode. It's pretty good in terms of single player, but not anywhere close to Mortal Kombat if that's what you want. As much as I don't like to play MK, I have to admit the single player content in that game is fucking ridiculous.

Hmmm. Doesn't sound too bad. I might grab a copy today.

I'm actually most interested in something like blazblue vita. I used to lose hours in that game

Sayad

Well I just signed out of PSN and booted it up just fine, so you were right! Thanks :D But now the question is, how is Sony going to fix this? Is this a thing with all digital releases?
Happen with the physical release too, game see there's an internet connection > try to check if there's an update/handshake PSN.

I just got a weid bug, the first loading screen now takes like5-10 minutes to load.
Is it comunicating with PSN or something? at first i though it was not loading because the gear stoped the animation, but while googling the problem the game started by itself.
This didn't happen the first times i played, so heads up!
I'm playing on PS4.
Going offline when it happens again should fix it.

Korigama

Got the PS3 version of this yesterday. I was already impressed with the transition from sprites to 3D before, but just how great the work they did on it was didn't truly sink in until finally having the chance to sit down and play it for myself. It feels good to be playing a new Guilty Gear again.

Focusing mainly on Ky and Elphelt for now. I managed to log back into PSN after the outage yesterday to download the Christmas colors before taking a break.

NEO0MJ

Played arcade mode for the first time with Bedman, really showed how I need time to get the game system. I-ino destroyed me.

Sayad

Playing I-No in arcade mode, umm, I think I'm on a quest to ripoff Sol's dick...

Played arcade mode for the first time with Bedman, really showed how I need time to get the game system. I-ino destroyed me.
AI I-No is a spam fest, I can see this being way more annoying against characters who's run doesn't low profile her HCL. Nowhere near as bad as boss I-No though. ;p

NEO0MJ

AI I-No is a spam fest, I can see this being way more annoying against characters who's run doesn't low profile her HCL. Nowhere near as bad as boss I-No though. ;p

Don't remind me of that...thing. I feel that I need to read up on the plot, I barely know what's going on in this series. The wiki doesn't feel enough.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
My game won't load past the initial loading screen looping graphic. What the heck?

Trying to re-download and re-install the game but PSN is fucked. Great Xmas experience.

Anyone else have the load-freeze issue?

Joule

Did anybody else pick up the full colour set? I got it a few days ago and I just realized I have everyone's colours except for Ky's. I tried to redownload the pack and Ky's colours individually but it leads to me redownloading the entire pack of colours except for Ky.

I'm from Canada for reference.

So I downloaded the 1.03 patch last night and the highest it got for me was about 6-7 frames delay. That shit was amazing, so this is what playing on good netcode is like. I hope the rest of the fighting games that come out this gen follows suit.

Essay

Did anybody else pick up the full colour set? I got it a few days ago and I just realized I have everyone's colours except for Ky's. I tried to redownload the pack and Ky's colours individually but it leads to me redownloading the entire pack of colours except for Ky.

I'm from Canada for reference.

Also from Canada using the US PS3 version, and I didn't experience this problem. When I bought the pack I received each of the individual colour packs in my Download List. Have you checked your transaction history for the Ky set?

I'd check on my PS4 as well, but PSN is down again, and the game keeps freezing when I try to start up, probably because it knows there's a patch, but can't download it.

EDIT: Followed the recommendations below and PS4 Ky is fine too.

Coda

My JP copy keeps freezing on the opening loading screen after the splash image, probably because PSN is down right now. Ughhhh.

FluxWaveZ

The online's working? I haven't even tried it since the last time there was an attempt to set up a GAF lobby because of the PSN storm.

Mesoian

The online's working? I haven't even tried it since the last time there was an attempt to set up a GAF lobby because of the PSN storm.

Yup. Doing randos righ tnow

Edit: I really don't understand Arc's fascination with making Slayer's overdrives do around 35% to 50%. They do it in ever version of GG, and he always has to get hit with the nerf stick to level it out.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yup. Doing randos righ tnow

Edit: I really don't understand Arc's fascination with making Slayer's overdrives do around 35% to 50%. They do it in ever version of GG, and he always has to get hit with the nerf stick to level it out.

Helps balance out how hard it is to approach with Slayer though. Got to make it worthwhile for him once he manages to get in.

zlatko

Banned
Helps balance out how hard it is to approach with Slayer though. Got to make it worthwhile for him once he manages to get in.

I like Slayer's design for the most part. He's not a very shenanigans character, and has a hard time with a lot of the cast...but if you get that precious knock down or a dust up into the air, you're right back in there.

I'm just ass with him compared to Venom...which I wish wasn't the case since Slayer is such a cool designed character. :p

FluxWaveZ

Oh... I see. Mission No. 14 must be what everyone was talking about on the topic of 1f reversals and whatnot. I get it now.

1f was the number people were throwing previously, but it's 2f then, huh. Either way, definitely not something I could do on wake-up reliably at all, from how initially difficult this mission is.

Rhapsody

Banned
Oh... I see. Mission No. 14 must be what everyone was talking about on the topic of 1f reversals and whatnot. I get it now.

1f was the number people were throwing previously, but it's 2f then, huh. Either way, definitely not something I could do on wake-up reliably at all, from how initially difficult this mission is.

I think I remember hearing something about having invul on your first frame (which is why wakeup throw works) where you're able to do anything, and is why the window is actually 2 frames for specials. Reversal gold bursts should be a one frame window though.

Onemic

People are able to wakeup reversal me pretty easily, so I still dont know how its as hard as dustloop is trying to say it is.

FluxWaveZ

People are able to wakeup reversal me pretty easily, so I still dont know how its as hard as dustloop is trying to say it is.

Does it actually say "REVERSAL" on the HUD when they do? Because that's an actual wake-up reversal, and a 2f window is pretty damn hard to nail consistently, at least for me. Mission 14 is the first that I've failed constantly.

fader

Does it actually say "REVERSAL" on the HUD when they do? Because that's an actual wake-up reversal, and a 2f window is pretty damn hard to nail consistently, at least for me. Mission 14 is the first that I've failed constantly.

yes. And it's really not that hard if you spend a 10 minute session in training mode. I get consistently under lag.

Rhapsody

Banned
I actually miss my reversal timing since new fighters have me slipping a bit. Plus I've someone gotten rid of the habit of double tapping on my inputs. I stopped that habit so I could prevent myself from "guessing" when I learned combo timing, but double tapping is still a good thing to do.

And amusingly enough, reversal timing was probably easier in older Guilty Gear games. Xrd doesn't have negative edging on specials.

Coda

So I'm assuming that if I have a JPN copy I can't buy any DLC unless I'm signed in on a JPN PSN account? I bought colors through the US PSN and they don't show up in game and if I try to access the store through the game, the menu is just the PSN style but is blank with no information.

zlatko

Banned
We better get more DLC characters other than just Leo for this....

The developer needs to get with the times already. They stand to make more via DLC then yearly new disc product.

Killer Instinct's model is the best for a fighter. I bought TJ combo, and some KI $ to buy him outfit stuff, and that was that.

I hope SF5 follows that model as well. I like the having a game, it gets updates, and I can keep playing with others, but if I pony up more then I get more from the game. If xrd had "seasons" I'd be quite the happy camper.

Top Bottom