• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Anyone able to help me with this?

Like more so tips if anything. Like when a combo requires one (down, down-right, right) I can get it, but it's hard for me to do it twice in the time frame to actually pull off the move.

Any tips?

My advice to everyone is to do the motion super slow, even if it's way slower than what needs to make the move come out. Slowly do the inputs faster a little bit after each time. Helps more on muscle memory for people, imo.

That's what I did when I practiced games like 3rd Strike. Also made it a point to switch sides after each time I entered training mode.

Analog stick might be a little tough, but it'll get a bit easier as you practice it.

Korten

Banned
My advice to everyone is to do the motion super slow, even if it's way slower than what needs to make the move come out. Slowly do the inputs faster a little bit after each time. Helps more on muscle memory for people, imo.

That's what I did when I practiced games like 3rd Strike. Also made it a point to switch sides after each time I entered training mode.

Analog stick might be a little tough, but it'll get a bit easier as you practice it.

I've gotten good at doing her instant kill attack, very quickly. I will do as you say. Cause I feel I can do it, just not quickly going from one combo to another. Like in the picture.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It might help if you try and set some sort of time limit. Like double jump straight up and do the motion so the move comes out right as you land. First focus on nailing the move itself, then wait longer after the double jump each time before you start the motion so you end up doing it quickly more naturally.

Then for that Elphelt combo you would try to bring over the same timing.

Just got this game and loving it. I forgot so much stuff because the last time I played guilty Gear was on the PS2. Some of those air combos are giving me a really hard time in practice/challenge mode.

NEO0MJ

I just noticed that the beginning riff for Ky's theme sounds a lot like Judas Priest's Electric Eye's main riff. I hope this wasn't intentional.

AttamisZero

Neo Member
I've got a lobby open if anyone wants to join, I'm captain of the scrubs so yeah lol psn: Attamis0 and the lobby name is "I'm a scrub"

Edit: accidentally closed the lobby, I made a new one, same name.

Morris

Disco Devil
how do you do mission 13?

Had no problems with this one. Just cancel the dash into cr. P quickly so you're close enough to the dummy for the full combo to connect.

As for mission 14... Fuck that. Wake up reversal window is too strict and the DS4 D-Pad doesn't help. I got a B after trying for 15 minutes.

Kimosabae

Banned
Online is still garbage for me. Best I got was a match with 4-5 frame delay, everything else was in the teens. I know it's not my internet either, because I was consistently getting 2-3 frame delay matches after the second patch went live.

How did they fuck this up so bad? I guess I'll never be able to play online now, since everyone else is mostly happy with it.

FluxWaveZ

『Inaba Resident』;144960586 said:
I've been having issues consistently air dashing right after a jump on pad.
Any easier way to do it?

If you're not doing it already, the typical motion for an IAD is 744 or 966.

FluxWaveZ

As a follow-up to the previous Dengeki PlayStation interview comment:
Toshimichi Mori (Arc System Works):
2015 is going to be the year we really take off. I can’t say a whole lot right now, but there’s a lot I want to push forward in the coming year.
4Gamer interview stuff:
- Daisuke Ishiwatari (Guilty Gear) seems to say something like: "Aspirations for 2015 is "growth."
- Kazutoshi Sekine (Xrd and BBCP) seems to say something like: "Please play the game a lot because I'm planning to announce some exciting events for Xrd!" (probably Japanese tournaments and such?)
- Toshimichi Mori (BlazBlue) seems to say something like: "If you thought 2014 was kind of relaxing for us... well, we didn't rest that much. We've positioned next year as the year we take off, and I'm planning to bring forth many things in 2015."

Sounds like it's gonna be a year of preparation for Team RED, while there are some interesting things in the works for Team BLUE that might be announced next year.

NEO0MJ

It's intended, GG songs have lots of little things like that

Guess it was more tribute than plagiarize, so that's OK. I know that rock/metal is a part of GG's DNA but I never knew that it was also in the music. Guess I didn't notice it because I did't know many songs before.

Onemic

Online is still garbage for me. Best I got was a match with 4-5 frame delay, everything else was in the teens. I know it's not my internet either, because I was consistently getting 2-3 frame delay matches after the second patch went live.

How did they fuck this up so bad? I guess I'll never be able to play online now, since everyone else is mostly happy with it.

I thought PSN was still down?

NEO0MJ

How do I clash? Been stuck on this tutorial for a half hour...I keep pressing attack at the same time he attacks but it doesnt work :(

Try to keep some distance between you and Sin. You don't have to be in hitting range, just make sure that the hitboxes touch another.

Korten

Banned
So weird... I can pull off instant kills just fine in practice mode, but in actual matches against bots, the move just rarely ever goes off.

Zomba13

So I just saw a video of Leo Whitefang.

I know -exactly- who I am playing when this gets released in Europe.

lol. Best to just grab the NA version off of PSN like I did. This hasn't even been announced for EU yes (unless I'm mistaken). There is even an entry in the database saying how the game should release in NA on the 16th of December and EU on the 17th. lol.

Onemic

I know it's going on but ps3 online has worked all day over here. There's about the normal amount of players that it usually has on weekdays, but it's still pretty dire w/o the ps4 players.

It's down on PS3 too. (well for most people at least)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Guess it was more tribute than plagiarize, so that's OK. I know that rock/metal is a part of GG's DNA but I never knew that it was also in the music. Guess I didn't notice it because I did't know many songs before.

IIRC, the character selection theme from GGXX is a slowed down version of "The Kiss of Judas" by Stratovarius.

Keasar

hope you can handle stance change characters, tend to stay away from them after attempting to us lei wulong.

He does look fun though >_<

Dont care at this point what kind of fighter he is, dude is even voiced by the same english actor as my main man in Blazblue, Iron Tager, double sold!

Top Bottom