• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Riou

GGs Essay, fader, and flux. My connection with all three of you was awesome. I would love to play with you guys again. I was a punching game for flux and essay though haha. Need to improve my blocking and dropped some my corner combos with chipp.

Essay

GGs Essay, fader, and flux. My connection with all three of you was awesome. I would love to play with you guys again. I was a punching game for flux and essay though haha. Need to improve my blocking and dropped some my corner combos with chipp.

You say your connection with me was awesome, but, in reality, it was the only reason I was able to hit you for over 220 damage every time I touched you. ;) Seriously though, GG's. That last Chipp v. Millia match was especially fun.

Riou

You say your connection with me was awesome, but, in reality, it was the only reason I was able to hit you for over 220 damage every time I touched you. ;) Seriously though, GG's. That last Chipp v. Millia match was especially fun.

Haha yeah, this was my first time playing with the recent netplay patch so this was a huge improvement over the old netplay. In the old netplay I wasn't even able to do a 5k into sweep lol. I need to go in that lab and do some more training.

There was a funny moment when I went on Art's stream to watch him play some GG. The moment I tune in I hear one of the commentators talk about how real the struggle is for those who don't have their mains in the game. I know that feeling all too well =(

Seyavesh

vs wakeup throw just do a safejump kinda thing or jump to bait it out

in the corner back off a bit out of throw range and then blast the fuck out of them with ch 6p for insano damage and make them feel like shit for being the scrubby masher they are

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What are all the rules with throws and techs in this game?

6 frames after blocking you can be thrown.

Burst are not throw immune

Not sure the exact frames on being able to be thrown after teching but it's somewhere after the white flash ends.

So in otherwords.

Get fucked by throws :D For the most part though you have to spend meter to do anything with throws in this outside of scoring a hard knockdown. The reason why the tech windows in say BB are so big was because throws were special cancelable or just in general comboable after

6 frames after blocking you can be thrown.

Burst are not throw immune

Not sure the exact frames on being able to be thrown after teching but it's somewhere after the white flash ends.

So in otherwords.

Get fucked by throws :D For the most part though you have to spend meter to do anything with throws in this outside of scoring a hard knockdown. The reason why the tech windows in say BB are so big was because throws were special cancelable or just in general comboable after
Command grabs are untechable, yes?

Also, I have a 0% block rate on Millia's Dust.

LOL Millia dust you see her roll away and you are like Oh im saf.... FUCK.

and In BB Command grabs are indeed untechable.

Ohh you should have stuck around :p

Also use sol's 5k a bit more as an anti air :D
How many frames to tech a normal grab in GG?

That is exactly what happens re: Millia. Plus it looks like a damn low. Overheads not looking like overheads was an issue for me in BB. Still is here.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

That is exactly what happens re: Millia. Plus it looks like a damn low. Overheads not looking like overheads was an issue for me in BB. Still is here.

Unless I'm missing something you can't tech throws in xrd.

Rhapsody

Banned

Can't tech in Xrd.

In AC, you have two frames to break their grab. It's like 3rd Strike though. If you input a throw exactly when they throw, you end up both in neutral. If you tech within 2 frames, you tech the throw, but you're in a disadvantage in frames and position.

Essay

Essay, what are you doing Sunday? I wanna run sets with you.

Working on some work from home and going to bed early so I can get up for my day job Monday morning. I might need a break somewhere in the middle of the day though. Look for me on PSN.

FluxWaveZ

Thanks for the games, guys. It was fun getting my world rocked. I have so far to go to even keep up.

GGs.

Edit: Er, I think the game froze, Onemic, heh. It's perpetually loading for me on the character win screen. I guess that was going to be my last one anyways; ggs. You and Essay are the toughest I've gone against here as of yet; definitely have to step it up.

So I got a question for any May players here. What's the most optimal punish after a blitz shield? Sweep? The only other thing I can think of is close S 5H [4]6H, but at max range that's fairly hard to do consistently.

Onemic

GGs Flux, I got locked in the "waiting for character to return" message. I still got a ways to go in navigating the neutral and evolving my pressure game.

Essay is definitely the best Ive faced so far. As soon as I saw that i-no get selected instead of Milia I knew I was gonna get my shit kicked in. I'm just happy I didn't get double p'd on.

Papstr

Neo Member
omg throws kill me i swear.

does sol players know any good setups with him? im having a hard time opening up people some times.
He doesn't really have "setups" midscreen. If you struggle to open people up, think like a grappler in pressure. Tick throws and frame traps are the gameplan. simple stuff like 2p WT or 2k WT can get people scared and want to mash. Once they want to press buttons frametraps I like are 2p delay 2p or 2k delay c.S or 2p/2k 6p.

In the corner his best setup is hitting with 2k OTG and immediately canceling into gunflame yrc. If they are tech the OTG you can react and airthrow due to slowdown. Otherwise you get a high/empty jump low covered by the flame.

Keylow415

He doesn't really have "setups" midscreen. If you struggle to open people up, think like a grappler in pressure. Tick throws and frame traps are the gameplan. simple stuff like 2p WT or 2k WT can get people scared and want to mash. Once they want to press buttons frametraps I like are 2p delay 2p or 2k delay c.S or 2p/2k 6p.

In the corner his best setup is hitting with 2k OTG and immediately canceling into gunflame yrc. If they are tech the OTG you can react and airthrow due to slowdown. Otherwise you get a high/empty jump low covered by the flame.

thanks alot. also wondering that gunflame yrc to wt doesnt work in this game. it wiffs it seems

Salaadin

This is a very dumb question but how do you continue if you die during arcade? I got a timer and every button press just speeds it up

Top Bottom