• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

fader

I just went like 10-40 in a lobby. Nothing was coming out right. Eddie was running all over the place no matter how well I thought I was holding my inputs. Every RC combo dropped. I was ready to just give up and play some brainless masher character like Leo.

Then I went into training mode and noticed HS had been on turbo the entire time. -_-

yea i was in your lobby earlier. I kept trying to play with you but I did watch a few of your matches. one thing you should work on is your neutral game. i feel like you leave a lot of holes open in that department.

and lol...

Skilletor

Probably not today. My wife has the day off and wants to watch story mode with me.

Let me know if you ever want to get some games in irl. Done with school and always having people over to game.

question for the PS4 folks:

Has anyone been able to get GGXrd online without freezing

With the connectivity issues, games are hanging because of PSN. Go into settings and turn off the setting for connecting to the internet. Worked for me and others.

fader

Yes. Didn't realize that I-no can control the screen that much, Like I have to be really patient in neutral or I get bodied pretty bad.

it's easily his worst match up. I was messing up on a lot of stuff and I did not understand that flick move properties completely. But yea that was fun games. super exhausting tho.

question for the PS4 folks:

Has anyone been able to get GGXrd online without freezing

I've been able to get online, every time.

But, I have encountered an issue a couple of times where I go into a room within a lobby, then my DS4 goes: "Are you ready to step up to the challenge?" and the game gets stuck on the loading window.

Rhapsody

Banned
Its bad, but I'm certain that Ram and Zato are worse. Faust is up there too.

Yeah, I'd rather not fight those, haha. Against Zato, it sucks how much drilll and nobiru can put him in check.

Do you know if Potemkin can flick Ram's swords?

Edit: Regarding Leo, I thought he was just ok at first. I was impressed with Zidane's Leo though. Lots of tricky stuff I saw.

Yeah, I'd rather not fight those, haha. Against Zato, it sucks how much drilll and nobiru can put him in check.

Do you know if Potemkin can flick Ram's swords?

He can, which makes it easier in neutral. If she already has swords in place, you're kinda screwed. The sword attacks with longer start up can really fuck you up if you commit to flick too early.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What's the trick with Faust's down kick in air? Something about faultless defense to cancel it. I flubbed my way past the trial for it but don't quite grasp what it was actually doing, or the proper way to input it.

fader

You are probably right. I just hate this kind of design when it comes to fighting game characters. I have no proper way of learning how to deal with it on the fly without having the character my self.

all you have to do is follow his strings and don't fall into an attack pattern close up so you wont get frame trapped with his counter. also his counter is throwable.

Its bad, but I'm certain that Ram and Zato are worse. Faust is up there too.

what am i talking about... of course those are worst.

Rhapsody

Banned
He can, which makes it easier in neutral. If she already has swords in place, you're kinda screwed. The sword attacks with longer start up can really fuck you up if you commit to flick too early.

Oh, nice. I'll have to try that more the next time I fight her.

What's the trick with Faust's down kick in air? Something about faultless defense to cancel it. I flubbed my way past the trial for it but don't quite grasp what it was actually doing, or the proper way to input it.

The easiest way to do it is to do j1K~S (or whatever button you like to FD with). The S should come quickly after the K.
The 1 input is so you're holding down back to make it easier.

It's uses are to help either rushdown or to help be more precise on positioning vertically for j.S and other stuff.

fader

anyone know if there is a special input for ino for cancel an air normal into jd fd? i've seen OSCA do it but I dont know how she does it.

4r5

To FDC I-No's j.D ,while you have a burst

hold down two buttons, do j.D and then tap back

so like, j.K-S in to a FDC'ed j.D would be like

blahblahblah, j.[K]--dj.D~4

edit: correction
edit2: more corrections. I don't actually play I-No

Rhapsody

Banned

blahblahblah, j.[K]--D~4

I'm going to be mad if this is actually easy after hearing people commentate about how difficult it is to not get an accidental burst. I wish I knew this years ago.

Got this for PS4 today. Played with my friends for a few hours, we all thought the graphics were just the coolest thing. We're all pretty terrible but it was still lots of fun.

fader

blahblahblah, j.[K]--D~4

i know about the holding down buttons one but I am trying to get it between strings and I keep getting a button instead of the FD. I'll see OSCA do j.S then the cancel then J.K or grab or whatever and w/o burst when I try to do it, I'll get a button.

EDIT: got it. you gotta jump cancel the normal.

Dugna

Got this for PS4 today. Played with my friends for a few hours, we all thought the graphics were just the coolest thing. We're all pretty terrible but it was still lots of fun.

Yeah for the average person that would be the draw for quite sometime, game is flipping gorgeous!

4r5

yeah, that's just what my friend tells me, I've never actually done it before.

and yeah, I just tried it out, gotta jump-cancel before the j.D

fader

I'm going to be mad if this is actually easy after hearing people commentate about how difficult it is to not get an accidental burst. I wish I knew this years ago.

it's harder to do at first because you have to get into the habit of first holding down the buttons then plinking 4 with j.D but definitely more reliable for no accidental burst.

Finally got my PS4 hooked up again and had a chance to mess around in training and challenge mode. Man this game is gorgeous. My inputs on pad suck though, I'm used to playing fighters on a fight stick.

Ordered the HRAP v4 Midnight Blue or whatever from AmiAmi, so I'm pretty pumped for that to arrive.

Hopefully I can start playing with all you fine people sometime in the near future, though I'm confident I suck. =P I mained Tager in Blazblue the whole way through, so I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with Potemkin, even if he doesn't have a Genesic Emerald Tager Buster analogue.

Korten

Banned
Just did an online match against a guy who had delay 15+ wasn't really fun. Half the time my blocks wouldn't even work...

Korten

Banned
Man fuck Ky Kiske, so fucking annoying online.

Seriously, it's like getting to the point where I just will flat out refuse to fight someone who uses him.

Dugna

Speaking of Potemkin, since people are talking about him so much. How do you all pronounce his name? I usually did Po-tem-kinn but after listening to the announcer in Xrd I think it's like Po-them-kyun?

so, I finally got around to story mode, after finding out it was completely non-interactive so my pad frustrations wouldnt follow me there, and I ended up liking it a lot

It started off pretty weak, but steadily got better, made me really wondering about a lot of stuff in the series again

Aria/Justice, seems that man definitely is still thinking about Aria

Also Gabriel needs to be playable, dude is a certified BAMF

and finally

DIZZY!!! *FANBOY SWOON* I need her playable

Speaking of Potemkin, since people are talking about him so much. How do you all pronounce his name? I usually did Po-tem-kinn but after listening to the announcer in Xrd I think it's like Po-them-kyun?
I pronounce it like Gabriel does in the english dub story mode, which is like you do

Zomba13

so, I finally got around to story mode, after finding out it was completely non-interactive so my pad frustrations wouldnt follow me there, and I ended up liking it a lot

It started off pretty weak, but steadily got better, made me really wondering about a lot of stuff in the series again

Aria/Justice, seems that man definitely is still thinking about Aria

Also Gabriel needs to be playable, dude is a certified BAMF

and finally

DIZZY!!! *FANBOY SWOON* I need her playable

I pronounce it like Gabriel does in the english dub story mode, which is like you do

Gabriel definitely needs to be playable.

I'd wager the next characters will be (story spoilers I guess)
Johnny, Dizzy and maybe Gabriel.

I've always said Po-Tem-Kin, like you said, and was kinda thrown off by the announcer's version. It may be just the announcer trying to do a Russian-y accent or something? I'm dunno.

I'd love playable Gabriel. They seemed to have throughout his attacks enough in the story mode to make me assume they at least planned initial stages of designing him. Same with Johnny.

fader

it's actually not Po-Tem-Kin

there is a kind of dipping "y" sound with the e so its technically pronounced

Po-Tyum-Kin

So it's not pronounced with a hard E, if we are referring to Russian.

The announcer doesn't even come close to pronouncing his name right. Every time I hear it I laugh. Chumpkin.

Russianesse?

Conveyed, Kimo.

How many chapters are in Story Mode.

yea i was in your lobby earlier. I kept trying to play with you but I did watch a few of your matches. one thing you should work on is your neutral game. i feel like you leave a lot of holes open in that department.

and lol...
My play is still garbage.

Your advice is pretty unhelpful, though.

Let me know if you ever want to get some games in irl. Done with school and always having people over to game.

With the connectivity issues, games are hanging because of PSN. Go into settings and turn off the setting for connecting to the internet. Worked for me and others.
We should do that. I am teaching for my first time at the high school level, so a lot of my free time got devoured. I should have lots of time this summer, at least.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Since the game is cross-play and trophies & dlc are shared between ps3 and ps4, can you use that data upload feature to upload your data on the ps3 version and then download it on ps4?
(meaning can you transfer your save data between versions?)

edit: nevermind, I've read that you can.

Pochomukin according to the katakana. English wise I'd say it's just Potemkin (Po as in "poe", tem as in "ten" except with an m and kin as in "kinship").

wow... sorry...
Well, when you say "work on your neutral", do you really think that is helpful somehow? I am the one getting hit and losing Eddie, it is pretty obvious to me. I am finding it extremely hard to control two characters at once. I am struggling a lot with this game.

Good advice would give me new tools to worth with. No need to apologize. I am not angry, I am just direct.

Skilletor

We should do that. I am teaching for my first time at the high school level, so a lot of my free time got devoured. I should have lots of time this summer, at least.

Word. I'll be playing a lot leading up to EVO. I think we're friends on facebook, and can always communicate here. Just let me know. :)

Top Bottom