• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Sayad

Spent 20 minutes practicing jump installs with I-No only to realize that I don't have to because I can still air dash after a super jump. -___-;

Essay

Spent 20 minutes practicing jump installs with I-No only to realize that I don't have to because I can still air dash after a super jump. -___-;

Heh, yeah, you won't find too much use for JI's with I-No in this version. I thought maybe you could use to for getting more damage when anti-airing May midscreen by going 5P (JI) c.S sjc j.S djc. H xx P.Dive airdash j.H xx K.Dive, but, nope, doesn't work.

4r5

omg throws kill me i swear.

does sol players know any good setups with him? im having a hard time opening up people some times.

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrRaiden/videos

What are all the rules with throws and techs in this game?

There is no throw tech in Xrd.

throw invul is as follows:
5f after blockstun
6f after hitstun
9f after getting up

pre-jump can not be thrown
air techs and bursts can be thrown immediately
some moves (ground and air) are throw invul

throws beat strikes, on same frame
command throws beat throws, on same frame
command throw vs command throw, on same frame, both will whiff. In other words, the command throw with more active frames will win.

throw vs throw, we have not been able to determine if it's like pre-AC where both players get their back/forward+Heavy attack, or if it's random ala ST. I'm thinking it's random.

Cheska

Damnit, I bought it. After bitching about the lack of PS3 stick support on Twitter, I started to see the PS4 version of the game selling out and got nervous. It just bums me out that I'll have to use the DS4 to play, which in turn means I'm unlikely to enjoy myself as much.

NEO0MJ

Boss Ram is such a pain. Had to lower the difficulty to easy so I can win with unfamiliar characters.

How does potemkin rate in this? I'm kinda new to the series and from initial experimentation I like him as a character.

Like most grapplers he has problems. You can watch Fab for some insight into the character/

Boss Ram is such a pain. Had to lower the difficulty to easy so I can win with unfamiliar characters.

Like most grapplers he has problems. You can watch Fab for some insight into the character/

Thanks! So I should find a different primary to start until I get the hang of the game?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thanks! So I should find a different primary to start until I get the hang of the game?

With Arc Sys games in general if you like a character stick with them and learn to play the game with them. What you learn on a different character wont really help you with another one outside of a few shared things.

I don't think you'll have much trouble using him in lower/mid level play, I started the game with him and haven't really come across many matchups where I've felt limited by his toolset. As always, just play the characters you feel like playing.

Is the only difference 1080 vs 720? Big enough diff ps3 vs 4
The textures and effects look a little worse on ps3. the effect quality is noticeable with ky. It also isn't a solid 60fps all the time, but its not really problem since drops are very rare.

I recommend ps4 since its the better port but if you need a stick get ps3 instead, ps4 doesn't support ps3 sticks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The textures and effects look a little worse on ps3. the effect quality is noticeable with ky. It also isn't a solid 60fps all the time, but its not really problem since drops are very rare.

Some of the extra colors look really bad on ps3 as well from what I've noticed as a side effect from that

Rhapsody

Banned
Stick with him. He's lacking some things he's had in the past, but he's not bad to the point of being unusable. Plus I think he has a nice set of tools to help you understand the game. No dash or air dash, but that's about it.

Stick with him. He's lacking some things he's had in the past, but he's not bad to the point of being unusable. Plus I think he has a nice set of tools to help you understand the game. No dash or air dash, but that's about it.

Thanks a lot everyone. I'm going to stick with him for a while. I like his style.

Haven't played any multi-player yet. Hope there are scrub rooms lol

NEO0MJ

Thanks a lot everyone. I'm going to stick with him for a while. I like his style.

Haven't played any multi-player yet. Hope there are scrub rooms lol

It might be better to play arcade and story mode for a bit before playing online, the people there are monsters. Pray you don't meet Q online.

vocab

someone wasnt right in the head when they put leo in the game. Auto crossups and never ending auto pressure. oh you hit a button. You're dead. fuck asw and their gorillas. Why bother with the rest of the cast when you can play a very little effort character that gets massive rewards? It's anti guilty gear.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
someone wasnt right in the head when they put leo in the game. Auto crossups and never ending auto pressure. oh you hit a button. You're dead. fuck asw and their gorillas. Why bother with the rest of the cast when you can play a very little effort character that gets massive rewards? It's anti guilty gear.

So Ky?
Kappa

Anyways, anyone want to play?

Zissou

https://www.youtube.com/user/VrRaiden/videos

There is no throw tech in Xrd.

throw invul is as follows:
5f after blockstun
6f after hitstun
9f after getting up

pre-jump can not be thrown
air techs and bursts can be thrown immediately
some moves (ground and air) are throw invul

throws beat strikes, on same frame
command throws beat throws, on same frame
command throw vs command throw, on same frame, both will whiff. In other words, the command throw with more active frames will win.

throw vs throw, we have not been able to determine if it's like pre-AC where both players get their back/forward+Heavy attack, or if it's random ala ST. I'm thinking it's random.

Thanks as always for dropping the knowledge. Hoping you keep posting this kind of technical stuff about Xrd for a long time- it's very helpful!

fader

i think you are overestimating Leo.

After a few matches Id say Leo's strength is misleading, his "autocrossups" are very predictable, and Im pretty bad at th game. Players who rely entirely on his brain dead stuff are pretty damn easy to beat.

Uraizen

Banned

But can't you just throw him out of it if you see it or 2K it? Just reminds me of Oni's cross-up slash.

Skilletor

Auto pressure? Auto Crossups? Sounds like you're getting blown up because you aren't familiar with him. Friend was already throwing me/uppering me/2king out of the 236hs when I was too obvious with it. lol.

Sounds like you should probably learn how to fight him. You know, since he hasn't been out for even two weeks yet.

Skilletor

I don't care what anyone says, Sol is the worst. Who's bright idea was it to give him full recovery off overdrives?

Sol is super good for sure. YRC gives him the pressure FRC with specific timing used to give him. Fafnir is plus on block and has upper body invulnerability? Full screen corner combos on CH?

I was getting salty at that last night, lol.

I still play both. I won't be back to socal until monday/tuesday though.
Cool

My blood started pumping a bit after watching some lime-key, AGF and Zidane footage recently.
why isn't zappa in this game yet
Two reasons

They can only spend so much on one roster and their DLC characters. The other reason is a simple one. They need to give people a reason to upgrade and nothing is better than the classics. Nothing sneaky, cheap or bad about that.

Mesoian

Sol is super good for sure. YRC gives him the pressure FRC with specific timing used to give him. Fafnir is plus on block and has upper body invulnerability? Full screen corner combos on CH?

I was getting salty at that last night, lol.

Sol is the only thing that makes me genuinely salty in this game.

fader

After a few matches Id say Leo's strength is misleading, his "autocrossups" are very predictable, and Im pretty bad at th game. Players who rely entirely on his brain dead stuff are pretty damn easy to beat.

agreed. he has very linear mix ups that can be easy to expect.

Coda

Just picked up Venom. Loving his play style, just have been zoning the CPU in arcade mode figuring out how all his hits connect. Such a cool character.

I thought I-No would be my main but I can't seem to win matches with her online.

I just went like 10-40 in a lobby. Nothing was coming out right. Eddie was running all over the place no matter how well I thought I was holding my inputs. Every RC combo dropped. I was ready to just give up and play some brainless masher character like Leo.

Then I went into training mode and noticed HS had been on turbo the entire time. -_-

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just went like 10-40 in a lobby. Nothing was coming out right. Eddie was running all over the place no matter how well I thought I was holding my inputs. Every RC combo dropped. I was ready to just give up and play some brainless masher character like Leo.

Then I went into training mode and noticed HS had been on turbo the entire time. -_-

LOLOL

You want to play sometime today?

Top Bottom