• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll be back home in socal tomorrow. I'm going to add you when I have time, Karst.

Does the netcode feel better than pre-pre-patch though?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
vG28lWo.png

Expedited parcel my ass. This thread will reach 100 pages and I still won't have my game. The hype is dead. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My first experience with the online was in a lobby with my friend last night. Had a 1 and 0 bar connection to the two people I fought but the delay was never above 4f, and it felt rock solid.

Uraizen

Banned
I'll be back home in socal tomorrow. I'm going to add you when I have time, Karst.

I was pretty vocal about how much it sucked before. I'll tell you as soon as I find someone I played pre-patch to play with me again.

I think we are friends already.

Anybody on GAF want to play? I'm on the East Coast if that matters. PSN:burritosapreme
If you still want to play, add Karsticles.

I am super bad.

I might actually make a private lobby if enough are interested. Q?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Feedback between matches is welcome.

Dont typically fly that high up unless you got Eddie out.

I believe Eddie's Slash where he turns into a giant upwards shark wave is a great anti air and must be FD'd to be blocked in the air.

use the buzzsaw *k I believe* more than the little nose poke *Punch*

When coming down from the air you typically want to be using K or HS

If you see someone throwing themselves at you from the air and attacking use 6HS if you get a counter hit dash up and do the 6p into air combo thingy *i dont remember the chain*

Dont typically fly that high up unless you got Eddie out.

I believe Eddie's Slash where he turns into a giant upwards shark wave is a great anti air and must be FD'd to be blocked in the air.

use the buzzsaw *k I believe* more than the little nose poke *Punch*

When coming down from the air you typically want to be using K or HS

If you see someone throwing themselves at you from the air and attacking use 6HS if you get a counter hit dash up and do the 6p into air combo thingy *i dont remember the chain*
FD?

Yeah, you can do 6HS, dash, 6P, j.k, j.hs, j.d.

K.Sabot

So I can do as Millia.

2P+S+H
2P+S+H
2P+S+H

and it will come out as 2K, 2S, 2H (combo) and will YRC any burst attempt at 25 meter.

This game man.

Heck, after the first 2k option select I can just mash PSH and still get the combo. Must be a gatling thing.

rookiejet

I'm like 1 bar to you Q and Karst. I'll leave if it turns out to be poop

Pochomukin according to the katakana. English wise I'd say it's just Potemkin (Po as in "poe", tem as in "ten" except with an m and kin as in "kinship").

Pochomukin is delicious to say. Everytime I say it I'm like "Mmmmmmm, Pochomukin."

Azure J

I've forgotten to share this with Xrd-GAF since I don't currently have PS+, but my PSN ID is AzureJay89. Feel free to send me invites in the meantime.

Sayad

So I can do as Millia.

2P+S+H
2P+S+H
2P+S+H

and it will come out as 2K, 2S, 2H (combo) and will YRC any burst attempt at 25 meter.

This game man.

Heck, after the first 2k option select I can just mash PSH and still get the combo. Must be a gatling thing.
When you press more than one button the game priorities the lowest one(P < K < S < H, I think), it's like this so you can option select throws with H+P or H+K, but it works like magic with gatling for some characters, in Millia's case:

2K > you get 2K
2P+S+H > you get 2S because 2K doesn't gutling into 2P
2P+S+H > you get 2H becase 2S doesn't gutling into 2P or into itself

K.Sabot

My net seems on blast atm, so I'll probably just spectate.

4018364624.png

edit: down speed is usually 8x this, upload seems normal though.

ggs everyone I played. I've played some goofy mirrors in my day, but I think the May one might take the cake. And I know, low-profile and all, but god damn Ky's 236k is so low that dude might as well be a magician because he straight up disappears.

ggs everyone I played. I've played some goofy mirrors in my day, but I think the May one might take the cake. And I know, low-profile and all, but god damn Ky's 236k is so low that dude might as well be a magician because he straight up disappears.

That's how I feel about I-No's little ground special ...

Korten

Banned
What are the most popular characters online? It seems like I have a 50-50 chance of fighting either Sol Badguy or Ky Kiske.

Korigama

Well, I was terrible (only won about three matches out of however many I fought), but GGs to those I played. If you were a Slayer or May player up against a scrubby Elphelt, then that was me.

EDIT: A new room, huh? Sure, I'll take some more beatings.

Made a new player match lobby. Title is NeoGAF and password is gaf

GGs everyone. I enjoyed my matches a lot. Positive feedback is always welcome.

It seems like she gets so much for so little.

GGs man, you zoned me out pretty damn well in some of those matches. The little ground teleport into YRC command grab is so dirty, haha.

Made a new player match lobby. Title is NeoGAF and password is gaf

GGs man, you zoned me out pretty damn well in some of those matches. The little ground teleport into YRC command grab is so dirty, haha.
Oh man, Potemkin is the scariest grappler I have faced, and I loved your risky play. Dividing right through those drills to smack me in the face made me panic every time. I need to stop trying to chain into HS from c.S. I also did my first perfect triple -K- blockstring against you in one of our matches. Normally I screwed up one of the saws and get hit. -_-

4r5

I was fourer5 in the room. Please excuse my Slayer.

Karst,
Watched some of your matches against DiscoShark/Potemkin.

Your missing alot of chances to bring out Eddie. You seem to be stuck on calling him out under cover of Dills. Or maybe focusing too much on doing a particular setup? Don't need Drills, don't even need to blockstring in to Eddie summon if the situation is right. And about those Drills, too many Drills. You need some 2P-2S in your life.

You're retreating a lot, to create space to call out drills. In GG you generally don't retreat unless your timer scamming. Not all characters have a DP, but all characters are equipped to control the space around them. Maybe not reactively, but atleast proactively. If you want to make space for drills, push em back with your normals. 2S and 2P-2S controls a good amount of ground space in front of Zato. On block you mixup between drill or Eddie summon.

If you do want to retreat, flying backwards is better than mashing on backdash and being in risk of negative penalty.

Qvoth

can someone who make me an avatar like my current one but with black color sol dlc? i just bought it and goddamn it looks so awesome

Sayad

I like fighting Pot. :D

Ok, serious question time, how do you pronounce Potemkin? Whatever the announcer is saying can't be right.

Discoshark, the highlights of our matches for me were you having me in the AA grapple animation as -D- goes off for the kill, the match I almost perfected you on, got hit once, and then got completely creamed for the loss, and the match you went ham with Pot's aerial grapple all over the place.

I like fighting Pot. :D

Ok, serious question time, how do you pronounce Potemkin? Whatever the announcer is saying can't be right.
He is saying it "pottem-kin". I thought it was "po-tem-kin".

I was fourer5 in the room. Please excuse my Slayer.

Karst,
Watched some of your matches against DiscoShark/Potemkin.

Your missing alot of chances to bring out Eddie. You seem to be stuck on calling him out under cover of Dills. Or maybe focusing too much on doing a particular setup? Don't need Drills, don't even need to blockstring in to Eddie summon if the situation is right. And about those Drills, too many Drills. You need some 2P-2S in your life.

You're retreating a lot, to create space to call out drills. In GG you generally don't retreat unless your timer scamming. Not all characters have a DP, but all characters are equipped to control the space around them. Maybe not reactively, but atleast proactively. If you want to make space for drills, push em back with your normals. 2S and 2P-2S controls a good amount of ground space in front of Zato. On block you mixup between drill or Eddie summon.

If you do want to retreat, flying backwards is better than mashing on backdash and being in risk of negative penalty.
Thanks for all the feedback!

I agree about the back dashes. But my target goal tonight was to use back dashes more often. Actually, the first thing I said to myself after logging off was "I should have just IAD'd back". But until today I never back dashed, so I wanted to use it a lot so it becomes a part of my game.

I normally poke with 2S, but if Potemkin armies through I am screwed, aren't I? His armor is why I spent most of my time running away. I don't do that in any other matchup.

Now, you are totally right that I just dont bring Eddie out unless a drill hits. I know I can even 2P, 2S, 236HS, but I really don't know what to do afterward. If Eddie it out in the neutral, 100% of the time he dies because I control him poorly, or I lose him because Zato gets hit because I am so focused on Eddie.

A guide I read said that I should bring Eddie out, hold P and S, and then play the neutral with Eddie's best anti-ground and anti-air available. But then what? I don't know what this looks like when done properly.

Also, I was back dashing because I tend to go in too much with Zato, and I get creamed. I was working on more of a zoning style with him, which seems more like how Ogawa runs his neutral. Speaking of which, I am going to go watch more of his play.

Top Bottom