• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

4r5

Never played gg any newbie tips? I know fighting fairly well

Take it a step at a time. Newbies tend to get ahead of themselves or overload themselves on all the technical details of the game. Some people like all that, others burn themselves out.

You can play this game real basic if that's what you want, or go straight to the fancy stuff. But don't feel pressured to do one or the other.

there's just something mundane about her play style that is kinda loosing interest for me. Love the character thought.
She is kind of like Ky. Very basic moveset, but it completes the character. I can understand getting bored with her. Who are you thinking about moving to?

Tizoc

Yo Leo's a badass but no way am I pulling off those stance combos lol.
I'll just tell my brothers that his moves are like Guile's :V

Also, Axl's sickle has Dhalsim-like range wow...

Rhapsody

Banned
The more I use Slayer in this game, the more I want to use him less in his version.

Strangely enough, I still enjoy using Potemkin a lot. Despite what happened to him.

Who wants to play some matches later today?

The more I use Slayer in this game, the more I want to use him less in his version.

Strangely enough, I still enjoy using Potemkin a lot. Despite what happened to him.

Despite potemkin not being as good as his AC version, he's really fun to play with. It's probably all the yrc tricks he can do.

Tizoc

What's wrong with Xrd Slayer?

Yo Leo's a badass but no way am I pulling off those stance combos lol.
I'll just tell my brothers that his moves are like Guile's :V

Also, Axl's sickle has Dhalsim-like range wow...

Does Leo even have anything complicated involving his stance yet? Hardest thing on the trials that I remember was linking into stance super.

Tizoc

Does Leo even have anything complicated involving his stance yet? Hardest thing on the trials that I remember was linking into stance super.

I can barely pull off a QCFx2 to save my life, even the most common stuff for you guys would be too hard for me XD.

idk tbh. i'm looking at either ram or eddie. god i hope johnny comes back....

he has hit the wall

I don't know why they felt the need to do that to Slayer while keeping Millia, Zato, and Faust the same. They have been towards the top tier for years.

Mesoian

Any impressions on Elphelt's learning curve? I'm just trying to incorporate her stance stuff and aiming.

Her coolest combos aren't TERRIBLE to do...but her high and low punch and jabs are pretty awful...

She's fun, but you have to work pretty hard to make her reliable. I have trouble getting in with Elphet, even with all her projectile options.

Kimosabae

Banned
Is Leo even available for the HK version yet? I haven't had a chance to lab him because he hasn't been up for purchase. Last time I checked must have been Sunday.

fader

Not sure what this means, I've been using him in XRD and since #Reload though I haven't played it a ton, is there supposed to be something actually wrong with him?

there's nothing "wrong" with him, but to a lot of AC players, they do not appreciate the toned down Slayer compared to his AC version. I was a #R player so i cannot really comment on the disapproval much but slayer is pretty much figured out in Xrd.

Is Leo even available for the HK version yet? I haven't had a chance to lab him because he hasn't been up for purchase. Last time I checked must have been Sunday.

I don't think so... I'm just gonna buy him from the JPN store since it works with the HK version. HK has not been keeping up to date with the Xrd store content... kinda depressing.

Grifter

Take it a step at a time. Newbies tend to get ahead of themselves or overload themselves on all the technical details of the game. Some people like all that, others burn themselves out.
Good advice and something I try to remind myself of. With the resources available, I often find myself playing people who can quote data offhand but are very limited with their application.

I don't know why they felt the need to do that to Slayer while keeping Millia, Zato, and Faust the same. They have been towards the top tier for years.
I figured some characters play more familiarly to past iterations than others? Slayer seems to be on that +R direction of trading damage for versatility but he unnecessarily lost links and range. I've had a harder time getting in on zoners too.

^Play Asia has 1k yen codes for if he only wants Leo tho.

He was available at the same time as Japan, it's the colors that were completely missing for some reason. Still, probably best to get stuff from the JP PSN now since it's compatible with HK anyways.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the game. First impressions: Bedman, while having the worst design out of the new characters has a lot of tools, pretty interesting character; Leo is like a more complicated Kagura, him facing the other way fucks with my brain; Elphelt is nothing like Noel, people in Dustloop were overreacting, still pretty fun character; Ramlethal is fucking awesome, probably will main her or Elphelt.

Rhapsody

Banned
It must be character crisis day.

I dont know what the hell Leo is doing most of the game.
:( Maybe. He's not my main, but yeah, haha.
Despite potemkin not being as good as his AC version, he's really fun to play with. It's probably all the yrc tricks he can do.
Definitely. Plus I love how he still doesn't need to be a yolo/hard read grappler.

Always one of my favorite grapplers, because he isn't absolutely desperate at getting for the majority of a match.
What's wrong with Xrd Slayer?

I've always been bugged with how Xrd Slayer turned out in comparison to the cast along with some changes he's had. I understand they don't want to give him bite loop, but I'd like it if they'd at least let me combo 5K again after a bite.

YRCs are alright for him. It adds to some shenanigans and getting in, but I don't think it adds much to his gameplan as I would like. I want to apply more YRCs, but I don't know if the rewards of what he gets off of it outweigh what he gets out of Red RCs.

Another thing I'm disappointed in is damage. He's supposed to get high damage as a reward for getting in, but I feel that it could be a bit better on the meterless side. So when you have Sin and Leo doing as much as they do meterless, it's slightly annoying. With that said though, he gets great damage off of meter combos and situational combos.

Frame data is fine. Seems relatively close to Reload Slayer for his normals? With his damage, I would've liked 6K being plus on block and also Mappa Punch feint back, that's about it.

NEO0MJ

Finally got the game. First impressions: Bedman, while having the worst design out of the new characters has a lot of tools, pretty interesting character; Leo is like a more complicated Kagura, him facing the other way fucks with my brain; Elphelt is nothing like Noel, people in Dustloop were overreacting, still pretty fun character; Ramlethal is fucking awesome, probably will main her or Elphelt.

Elphet is like Noel in the same way Ragna was like Sol.

And Bedman is a lot of fun. He seems really difficult to manage, but I decided to stick with him for now.

Pompadour

I've always been bugged with how Xrd Slayer turned out in comparison to the cast along with some changes he's had. I understand they don't want to give him bite loop, but I'd like it if they'd at least let me combo 5K again after a bite.

I assume you mean if they don't mash out of the stagger? I'm able to combo 5K from Bite in training mode.

Grifter

Bite def needs to be RC'ed. I've stopped using it except for the occasional longer distance surprise grab (but would love to find more uses).

NEO0MJ

Ages ago. You have to manually switch from AC to +R on in Game Settings though.

Forgot to reply to this. I didn't buy it originally because we didn't get news on when the update will happen. Now that we have Xrd I doubt I'll buy it at all.

emb

How does Millia's 214H work? I know one of her early trials had me use it, but now I can't seem to get the thing to move again after it first pops out.

Edit: Thanks Curry-Hakase!

How does Millia's 214H work? I know one of her early trials had me use it, but now I can't seem to get the thing to move again after it first pops out.

While she's summoning the orb you can input four more inputs with a direction+H to tell it where to go. It'll make a sound as you do the inputs.

Korezo

I just recieved my Xrd stick and the game at the same time and want to know how in the world can I chat in a group while using this madcatz stick? It has no headset jack.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I just recieved my Xrd stick and the game at the same time and want to know how in the world can I chat in a group while using this madcatz stick? It has no headset jack.

Time to buy a gaming headset? Or turn on your controller and have it to the side? :p

Korezo

Time to buy a gaming headset? Or turn on your controller and have it to the side? :p

You can only have one controller per user on ps4, so I have to use the second remote as guest or another account. I cant use 2 in one account its either the stick or remote.. this is so retarded.

Top Bottom