• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

NotLiquid

Having just gotten the game on PS3, can anyone explain to me why it seems like this game runs at 576i? I didn't expect the game to be of PS4/1080p quality, but I didn't expect it to look this blurry.

AlexIIDX

Jeez every connection is 1 or 0, I can't play at all. Probably for the best anyway.

edit: and there's only 7 ppl on in new york area lobbies?

edit 2: nevermind im dumb

fader

How? She can do more than punch and kick.

i think it's cause her main combo system is juggling with simple ppp kkk strings. which is a good point on his part.

also, sorry i-no my love, i have to file for a wifu divorce. Ramlethal has stole my heart. ;_;

fader

woooow.... i had my friend in an oki set up with ram in the corner, he dragon install, then uppercut-ed on wake up.... I swear I hate sol...

Her corner carry and corner combos resemble Tekken strings with its juggles and wall slams.

Her combos are basically done the same way as tekken combos they even look like tekken combos

i think it's cause her main combo system is juggling with simple ppp kkk strings. which is a good point on his part.

also, sorry i-no my love, i have to file for a wifu divorce. Ramlethal has stole my heart. ;_;
Gentlemen, I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. At least Marz knew I was joking. :p

Fader, you are an adulterous letch!

Astarte

I can't find anyone who clicks with me right now. I'm just looking for a punchy/kicky character with dumb mobility. Maybe a character with a low 5K....that isn't elphelt.
Guess I'll use Sin until I find that character :v....

fader

Gentlemen, I was speaking tongue-in-cheek. At least Marz knew I was joking. :p

Fader, you are an adulterous letch!

awww shit. that's obvious now looking at it.

but she enticed me with her long pokes, variety in gameplay and high damaging combos! ;_;
and plus, i really liker her design.

awww shit. that's obvious now looking at it.

but she enticed me with her long pokes, variety in gameplay and high damaging combos! ;_;
and plus, i really liker her design.
She has some great thighs, I agree. Especially during one of her taunts.

I can't find anyone who clicks with me right now. I'm just looking for a punchy/kicky character with dumb mobility. Maybe a character with a low 5K....that isn't elphelt.
Guess I'll use Sin until I find that character :v....
Neither bishy boy appeals to you?

Well I'm sorry I'm awful with sarcasm over the net :(
It's all good!

Oh come on, there are plenty of characters in Tekke nwho can do more than Punch and Kick.
But Ram also has a command grab.

But there are MK characters who have a command grab.

Wait for Bridget to come back. Unless he returns as a giant, scarred, buff, breaded man wielding two giant clubs...still wearing a nun outfit.
She is definitely a MK character, then.

On that note, why has May not aged?

NEO0MJ

What is the whole deal with the Japanese in GG? The library didn't explain enough, I feel.

Basically, Japanese people in the GG universe had really strong ki/chi and so were deemed a huge threat by the old Gear Leader, Justice. So when she started her rebellion she attacked Japan first and so most of them were wiped out.

fader

Basically, Japanese people in the GG universe had really strong ki/chi and so were deemed a huge threat by the old Gear Leader, Justice. So when she started her rebellion she attacked Japan first and so most of them were wiped out.

daaamn.. didnt know that. i should probably look up gg lore. feel like im missing a lot.

So why is May young?

Is Chi genetic? I noticed Chipp is an American weaboo (lol).

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Just got this game today and I cant find any discussion or get any help trying to learn lol

I want to learn Potemkin and I cant figure out his Giganter kai into Gigantic bullet kai

Astarte

So why is May young?

May's young because anime. That and I've been noticing that my cousins don't age at all even in their mid 30's so they're pulling from that.

Chipp's the best America former drug addicted weeb president.

TKM

whats with the alternative speech options in PSN for this game? Anyone heard them and are they worth it?

This guy has all the voice packs on Youtube for preview:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSYKy1HDw6U4uBH3HLELXA

They're in both languages (EN/JP) and some are really charming. I'm definitely getting May and Bedman. The GF wants voice packs for all the female chars, so I might save money by grabbing the DLC pack with all 17 voices.

NEO0MJ

daaamn.. didnt know that. i should probably look up gg lore. feel like im missing a lot.

There's so much to cover. I only played up to GG XX Reloaded so I'm missing a lot of plot, mainly from Overture, which Xrd directly follows.

So why is May young?

All races are capable of using it, though it seemed Japanese were the most adept and knowledgeable.

Just got this game today and I cant find any discussion or get any help trying to learn lol

I want to learn Potemkin and I cant figure out his Giganter kai into Gigantic bullet kai
Ever been to dustloop.com?

May's young because anime. That and I've been noticing that my cousins don't age at all even in their mid 30's so they're pulling from that.

Chipp's the best America former drug addicted weeb president.
She should look different from 12 to 22. :p

Then again, a Japanese coworker of mine said that when she got her first substitute teaching job in her 20s, it was at a Middle School. She walked up to the teacher she was subbing for and asked for the keys to the classroom. The teacher thought she was a Middle School student (age 11-14) and marched her to the front office to give her a detention for the prank. The office then explained that my coworker was, in fact, the substitute teacher. Awkward!

So maybe this May thing has some merit to it.

According to story mode, May is actually
Did it say that explicitly, or just the passage of time? It would have been interesting to see how May grew up.

Edit: 4r5 got it.

Also, I thought Dizzy's model looked a bit rushed.

fader

In story mode, she mumbles to Chipp her age is 20-something.

so you are saying... shes not a minor anymore... ;)

There's so much to cover. I only played up to GG XX Reloaded so I'm missing a lot of plot, mainly from Overture, which Xrd directly follows.

All races are capable of using it, though it seemed Japanese were the most adept and knowledgeable.

i only played Reload, and a little of AC but didn't really follow the story much.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Ever been to dustloop.com?

She should look different from 12 to 22. :p

Then again, a Japanese coworker of mine said that when she got her first substitute teaching job in her 20s, it was at a Middle School. She walked up to the teacher she was subbing for and asked for the keys to the classroom. The teacher thought she was a Middle School student (age 11-14) and marched her to the front office to give her a detention for the prank. The office then explained that my coworker was, in fact, the substitute teacher. Awkward!

So maybe this May thing has some merit to it.

Did it say that explicitly, or just the passage of time? It would have been interesting to see how May grew up.

Edit: 4r5 got it.

Also, I thought Dizzy's model looked a bit rushed.

nope, thanks for the heads up

This guy has all the voice packs on Youtube for preview:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSYKy1HDw6U4uBH3HLELXA

They're in both languages (EN/JP) and some are really charming. I'm definitely getting May and Bedman. The GF wants voice packs for all the female chars, so I might save money by grabbing the DLC pack with all 17 voices.
Zato's is really interesting. Is everyone really just globs of light and darkness to him? Interesting that he calls Sin and Leo "beautiful". I love his CSC intro: "Select a warrior that piques your interest".

Unfortunately, I keep JP voices on, so I couldn't appreciate this DLC. Elphelt's reaction to herself is cute.

Top Bottom