• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

cerulily

Which roman cancels are typically most useful? Do advanced players favor one type?

This isn't really getting to the point, it is situational and no one aims for a "certain" type of RC. Although, purple RC's are not very common i find. IT all depends on what you want to do and if you're willing to spend the meter and eat the huge pro-ration penalty

Rhapsody

Banned
Trying my hardest to get 6HS into pile bunker on juggled opponents down on muscle memory.

I'm missing out on a lot of situational damage with Slayer.

popyea

I'm trying to import the US version of the game for PS4, but am unsure what my options are if I want the DLC characters. Are they included free with the limited edition? If I get the regular edition, do I need to create a US psn account to download the DLC? Is it still free, and if so until when?

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm trying to import the US version of the game for PS4, but am unsure what my options are if I want the DLC characters. Are they included free with the limited edition? If I get the regular edition, do I need to create a US psn account to download the DLC? Is it still free, and if so until when?

LE is all physical. You need a US account. Leo is $8 USD, and Elphelt is free until the 5th of this month, so do it now.

Ra1den

This isn't really getting to the point, it is situational and no one aims for a "certain" type of RC. Although, purple RC's are not very common i find. IT all depends on what you want to do and if you're willing to spend the meter and eat the huge pro-ration penalty

Thanks, makes sense.

Naite

Got my very first hatemail from a Leo calling me and all Slayers mashers. Dude didn't block a single thing, and practically everything I landed was counterhit.

Dlent

You would be amazed by how many people get hit by just the ball in a Venom setup rather than the mixup. Randoms absolutely refuse to block when playing this online.

Rhapsody

Banned
Slayer's one of my more preferred characters to use online. In Xrd anyway.

People don't block against him. Even if I'm +6.

Plus the links are minimal. There's just a couple I avoid online at least.

Rhapsody

Banned
Capitalizing on CH air juggles more with Slayer. Getting 6HS Pile Bunker now and even RCing for easy Pile Bunker loops.
Next thing to work on is Crosswise Loops and using 5HS > 236236HS super to continue corner juggles.

Also got to remember to do j.2K routes when the situation calls for it.

This character gives me a bad habit on autopiloting, so I'm trying to change things up.

Kimosabae

Banned
I refuse to block when playing this online.

Mostly because I just don't care for online play. Due to the lag, and the types of play styles that tends to promote, I just do a bunch of YOLO shit and mash on wakeup. Basically, I become the monster.

The network has a gotten a bit better for me, but no way I can take a game online seriously that imposes 4-5 frames of lag, consistently.

hypernima

Banned
I should go to my local to play this but I know I'll get completely destroyed.
Maryland ain't no joke for GG.
That being said I find some of the stuff in this new iteration a bit weird.
The RC slowdown, and SF style mash a supers are disheartening.
Also I feel like Millia's oki is different, her 236H isn't the same so timing/ranging it is kinda weird.
I haven't tried my old main Eddie yet, but time to hit the lab for now.

4r5

I should go to my local to play this but I know I'll get completely destroyed.
Maryland ain't no joke for GG.
That being said I find some of the stuff in this new iteration a bit weird.
The RC slowdown, and SF style mash a supers are disheartening.
Also I feel like Millia's oki is different, her 236H isn't the same so timing/ranging it is kinda weird.
I haven't tried my old main Eddie yet, but time to hit the lab for now.

Maryland got killers, but we also got a lot of newbies you can grow with. I run tournaments clean and quick, so there's plenty of time for casuals and workshop, if you ever do wanna join us.

hypernima

Banned
Maryland got killers, but we also got a lot of newbies you can grow with. I run tournaments clean and quick, so there's plenty of time for casuals and workshop, if you ever do wanna join us.

I just need to find a ride to xanadu. I came last year when I had a car. I always try to bring a setup if I can but that's def a nono on the craptastic 2 hr long bus ride for whats a 20 min trip by car lol. I haven't been since 2013 so it would be interesting to see the new Lofton run xanadu. I'll try to come for a regular session in a month. no money for the monthly.

edit: i just realized i know your username from elsewhere, welcome to gaf dude

Grifter

Gonna drop down and switch off Ky, El's combos are just similar enough that I'm getting them mixed up.

Edit: Aaaaand I just went for Ky combos with Slayer haha

Top Bottom