• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

There's no announced release date. I had to get it from the Jpn store

Even with all this region bs, I'm very surprised there such little attention being directed towards this games release. This was supposed to be the game that killed BB and P4A in one fell swoop.
Most of the people who were saying this were GG fans(a tiny group) or people who didn't play BB/P4A(ie: the crowd that hypes shit up and disappears over night). GG ain't gonna set anything on fire unless it gets a new game with new sprites/3D models.
This is so retarded. Why is PSN having to wait until forever to get the game?
They should have waited until they had version R and lobbies/spectator ready for day 1 on both services imo. They are clearly dealing with issues from releasing it too early.

Onemic

Is there a technique like plinking or piano keying that makes links easier in this game?

Also what the deal with Slayer combos, are they all links or something? I've been practicing this from dustloop:

K [x1-5] → 2369K

Not only do I not know what the 9 input is for(as 236k is for mappa punch) I can never cancel the kicks into the special.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, okay, not so much TK'ing, but buffering a jump after the Mappa Punch maybe? That's all I can think of. It's been forever since I played GG, but Slayer was one of my mains (this was in like 2003 though, before I had any exposure to high-level play).

Onemic

mAYBE it' like how ChunLi and Ibuki can cancel into other attack via jump canceling in SSF4?

Yep that's what it is. Normally K doesn't combo into Mappa, but is jump cancellable, so when tiger kneed or 8236K you jump cancel the K and then cancel the pre jump frames into Mappa. That's gonna take a while to get down haha.

Anyone else have this game on PSN yet?

Mikor

Yep that's what it is. Normally K doesn't combo into Mappa, but is jump cancellable, so when tiger kneed or 8236K you jump cancel the K and then cancel the pre jump frames into Mappa. That's gonna take a while to get down haha.

Waiting for the eventual US PSN release. My PS2 is long gone now, Guilty Gear is a very popular fighter in my group of gaming friends, so Im excited for this in spite of the described issues in this thread.

I was tempted to buy it off JPSN, but I really hate jumping through hoops to get that yen.

Onemic

I was tempted to buy it off JPSN, but I really hate jumping through hoops to get that yen.

It's actually pretty simple. It's literally just setting up a new PSN account but instead of picking your country, pick Japan. Of course the steps from that point on are all in Japanese, but that link posted earlier tells you exactly what options mean what.

It's actually pretty simple. It's literally just setting up a new PSN account but instead of picking your country, pick Japan. Of course the steps from that point on are all in Japanese, but that link posted earlier tells you exactly what options mean what.

I have a Japanese account. It's the only way I was getting Rival Schools. I don't like the extra steps. Since this game won't be exclusive, I can wait.

Naite

Is there a technique like plinking or piano keying that makes links easier in this game?

Also what the deal with Slayer combos, are they all links or something? I've been practicing this from dustloop

Slayer's normals are heavily link based, but there's a bunch of mini-chains between them. There's some sort of list somewhere on dustloop that show them all.

I've been using him for a month or two and it still feels a bit awkward to me. I'm not used to how slow I have to do the TK motion. In +R, the kick is special cancellable though so we don't have to worry to much.

He also has a bunch of TK'd stuff he can do off his dashes, you can do a bunch of neat stuff with them.

How is Dizzy and Millia in terms of difficulty of execution?

I only played Millia on a scrub level but I heard Millia is one of the harder characters to learn. Not sure about Dizzy.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of any basic videos/tutorials for Jam combos? I've found some that are a little too complicated for me. :(

EDIT: Awesome avatar Naite haha.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dammit SCEA...maybe it's going to be one of the PS+ games for the month, so they're holding off on announcing it until tomorrow?

No sign of GGXXACP on this week's The Drop.
GoDad.png

This is getting ridiculous.

Onemic

This makes me relieved i went through the jpn store bs, instead of waiting for arcsys and their shitty regional release dates

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
No sign of GGXXACP on this week's Drop.

Totally expected this. They don't want your money for whatever reason, but if you're lucky they'll let you beg for the game on Twitter.

SegaFanac

Neo Member
Why Sony? I was really looking forward to seeing it this week...... oh well back to ZOE.

Any news as to when this should appear on US PSN?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have this terrible feeling that it failed SCEA's cert process because of the Japanese move names being left untranslated in the move lists.

Onemic

Slayer is such a suave boss in this game, loving practicing with him so far. It's gonna be a long ass time before im even halfway decent with him due to all his normals being link based instead of cancellable.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
At least the game actually has a page on the marketplace now, wasn't there until a few days ago.

It also says 9 november as release date ( other games have been released on fridays before ).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Slayer is such a suave boss in this game, loving practicing with him so far. It's gonna be a long ass time before im even halfway decent with him due to all his normals being link based instead of cancellable.

If Guilty Gear had Marvel style chain combos I'd play it so damn much. And yes Slayer exudes style but I have no clue how to play him properly.

Hmm, the game has a Belgian page on Xbox.com now whereas it didn't before. Also the PEGI rating is listed as 12 while I could have sworn it was 18. Strange stuff.

Well, anybody outside of Japan, but yeah, I get your point. It really sucks. I haven't seen a digital game with such a botched release in a long time. =/
Well, at least on the PSN side, I hope they are making sure if can be released in every NA region before they put it up. None of this random specific countries nonsense.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Yamanaka posted on his tweeter that a patch is coming (ver. 1.01). I imagine it is to fix the netplay issues. Can anyone confirm though? I can't read Japanese. -_-

danmaku

It had left Japan already... for some XBLA countries. Others need to wait, but at least we have a date:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:

24/10/2012
Japan,U.S,U.K, France,Italy,Germany,Spain, Portugal
9/11/2012
Ireland, Argentina,India, Austria, Netherlands,Canada,Greece, Colombia, Switzerland, Sweden, Slovakia, Czech, Chile, Denmark, Norway, Hungary,Finland, Belgium, Poland, Mexico, Russia

ESRB must really hate nipples, every other region has lower ratings. Even Germany!

It had left Japan already... for some XBLA countries. Others need to wait, but at least we have a date:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:

24/10/2012
Japan,U.S,U.K, France,Italy,Germany,Spain, Portugal
9/11/2012
Ireland, Argentina,India, Austria, Netherlands,Canada,Greece, Colombia, Switzerland, Sweden, Slovakia, Czech, Chile, Denmark, Norway, Hungary,Finland, Belgium, Poland, Mexico, Russia

ESRB must really hate nipples, every other region has lower ratings. Even Germany!

I think you got your dates backwards, there. Also, seriously? Thats the reason for the delay, the rating over I-nos single pixel nip slip?

danmaku

Dates look correct to me, they're just using the EU convention (DD/MM/YYYY). Didn't the XBLA version release on October the 24th?

Riposte

For anyone that's still unsure about his main, there's a great rundown of every character on UltraChenTV's youtube channel.

Pt.1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoC5dLU67XQ&feature=plcp
Pt.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ZyqyXINj0&feature=plcp

More useful links for beginners: http://www.norematch.com/2012/11/05/getting-started-with-guilty-gear/

(I hope this wasn't posted already :3 )

Can anyone argue that this game doesn't have the best cast in fighting games? I almost want to make a thread proclaiming it.

Top Bottom