• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus XBLA/PSN |OT| [NA PSN version is dated for 12/4]

Esura

Banned
Can anyone argue that this game doesn't have the best cast in fighting games? I almost want to make a thread proclaiming it.

I could. Blazblue got it better. Also Arcana Hearts and Tekken.

Although my opinion may be a bit colored by the fact that I didn't play a GG game (AC+) until like a year or two ago when I found a used copy of it at Gamestop long after being enamored by BB.

I could. Blazblue got it better. Also Arcana Hearts and Tekken.

Although my opinion may be a bit colored by the fact that I didn't play a GG game (AC+) until like a year or two ago when I found a used copy of it at Gamestop long after being enamored by BB.

BB is a firm no.

AH is all girls? No.

Tekken is also a no. The women having man shoulders kills that.

Esura

Banned
BB is a firm no.

AH is all girls? No.

Tekken is also a no. The women having man shoulders kills that.

Yes AH is all girls. That what makes it great. No ugly dudes taking up spots.

With the exception of Dizzy and Justice, most of the characters seem eh compared to BB.

How easy is this to pick up compared to P4?

Much, much harder than P4A.

I'm still trying to find a character that doesn't kill my thumbs. I think I'll try Dizzy on PS2 after I finish CT.

Onemic

How easy is this to pick up compared to P4?

on a scale of 1 - 10 1 being easy relative to P4A and 10 being balls to the wall hard, I'd give it a 7. the basic fundamentals from P4A carry over, but the combos are much harder to pull off and there are a bunch of advanced techniques universal and character specific.

Slayer for instance is almost completely link based, so I can't do jack shit with him at the moment even though Ive been living in the lab for several hours the past 4 days practicing his links. He's still a fuckton of fun just practicing his links and seeing the amount of trolling I'll eventually be able to do with him once I get them down.

All in all, it's a harder game, but its definitely more hype and more fun. I also think it's more rewarding due to having to put in more work. I feel like you would definitely get improved execution playing this game due to stricter timings.

Just play Sol or Ky(especially) if you want to pick up and play, they are the most basic and relatable characters in terms of play style(SRK reversals, zoning tools, easier combos, etc.)

Yes AH is all girls. That what makes it great. No ugly dudes taking up spots.

With the exception of Dizzy and Justice, most of the characters seem eh compared to BB.

The only real cool looking characters BB has are Hakumen, Bang, Nu/Mu, Litchi, and Valken. the rest are meh.

Thanks!

And regarding characters - I have nothing against BB, but the GG characters are awesome. I have a slight Baiken fetish so... Blazblue doesn't scratch that itch.

I did as well. I was so hyped to main her originally..... Then I found Johnny.....Then I found Slayer.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I have a slight Baiken fetish so...
I knew I wasn't the only one!
Also, nice avatar onemic lol. I'm tempted to have Jam Dragon kicking but the Journey guy has so much elegance I can't bring myself to remove him. :p

Btw, thank for putting my links up! :D

Onemic

I knew I wasn't the only one!
Also, nice avatar onemic lol. I'm tempted to have Jam Dragon kicking but the Journey guy has so much elegance I can't bring myself to remove him. :p

Btw, thank for putting my links up! :D

Thanks, some twitch guys posted it so I had t make it into an avatar. He's just so boss.

dooo it, your current avy is sweet though. Gonna have to top that.

Vert boil

Any Guilty Gear XBL players from the November 9th release pool seeing it yet?

(Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland)

You can just change the region code in the xbox.com URL to switch between regions.

US: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/Product/GGXXACP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111dd
CA: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ca/Product/GGXXACP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111dd
IE: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ie/Product/GGXXACP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111dd
BE: http://marketplace.xbox.com/nl-be/Product/GGXXACP/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584111dd

Looks like it available to buy but no demo link on the new regions pages (?yet?).

Any Guilty Gear XBL players from the November 9th release pool seeing it yet?

(Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland)

Lookd like it's up in Mexico already at least. I really wanted the game, but I'm not sure anymore if I want to give them my money for fucking up like this with the release :/

That and if the netcode is worse than BB/P4A I'm kinda fucked because of the low amount of local competition. Seriously, it's a miracle if I ever get a connection higher than 2 in these games >__>

Looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer for those matches onemic. Seeing as the Wii U comes out next week, I won't be able to buy the JP version. Maybe when I do have the money the US version on PS3 will be out :D

Onemic

Good games onemic. Hope you liked my day 1 Ky! =D

that was your day 1 Ky? You already know a few combos pretty well. damn it, I needed more of a head start with Slayer! Links will be the end of me :(

That was the first online match that was actually playable for me. The rest have been huge 0.5 sec delayed input lag.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
that was your day 1 Ky? You already know a few combos pretty well. damn it, I needed more of a head start with Slayer! Links will be the end of me :(

That was the first online match that was actually playable for me. The rest have been huge 0.5 sec delayed input lag.

ky has one hard combo its his trip into frc stunedge

danmaku

I didn't play much online (20 games or so), but so far not a single one has been decent. And I don't mean "I can nail FRC combos" decent, I mean "I can press 8 and my character will actually jump" decent. I suspect that using an import console is fucking up the matchmaking, but it doesn't happen with BB or any other fighter.

Onemic

I didn't play much online (20 games or so), but so far not a single one has been decent. And I don't mean "I can nail FRC combos" decent, I mean "I can press 8 and my character will actually jump" decent. I suspect that using an import console is fucking up the matchmaking, but it doesn't happen with BB or any other fighter.

Im thinking it's because 95% of the players right now are based in Japan. I also feel like the net code in general is worse than BB as I've had the same ridiculous input lag when facing dudes from the west coast.

I only hope they release a netcode patch like they did in P4A.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda wanna play Anji, I like the potential for dirty stuff with his butterfly. Any tips/basic combos?

Busaiku

Why is ArcSys so reluctant to release this in the US.
I want to ingrain in myself just how bad I am at games, become frustrated at how terrible my Bridget is compared to everyone else, and eventually end myself.

Why is ArcSys so reluctant to release this in the US.
I want to ingrain in myself just how bad I am at games, become frustrated at how terrible my Bridget is compared to everyone else, and eventually end myself.
Something is clearly going on behind the scenes.

Busaiku

I'm guessing it has do with Aksys having the rights to the game or something.
Not an issue for 360, since they never released it there, I guess.

Naite

I'm guessing it has do with Aksys having the rights to the game or something.
Not an issue for 360, since they never released it there, I guess.

There was an interview by ASW sometime last month where they said something about needing a local branch for the region they want to sell their games on Sony, but XBLA and Nintendo they can do it themselves.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
With a new week comes a new "GG isn't out yet". I think I'll stop checking the PS Blog. We should just rename this thread to: "GGXXACP |OT| PS2 port gets XBLA exclusive".

I'm still waiting for the PSN release, but out of curiosity I downloaded the demo on 360 and I'm really surprised how good the game looks, I was expecting it because GG sprites have always been in HD or at least not in SD like other old fighters, but damn the game looks amazing, in the other hand the FX sound like crap.

I really don't want to buy it on 360, it's important for me that I can't play with a pad, and the 360 is a no go for fighting games with the regular pad, but I'm getting tempted, hurry up with the PSN release.

Naite

North American version finally has a date

@Yamanaka_ARC

GGXXACP for the PS3 in the North American region will be released on the 4th of December 2012. The price will be $14.99. #guiltygear

For the release in the Europe region, please wait a bit more. Thanks for your patience. #guiltygear

Top Bottom