• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

So? Pink, ring, middle finger or index,middle,ring finger?

Advanced is hard as shit and I cant find a relaxed position to hit the weird button combinations

I use index, middle, ring. I was never really a pinky user so I'm glad I'm not really forced to use it here lol.

Advanced was crazy for me as well but I think you'll improved faster than you think. It does feel weird at first moving between the 2 colors but the transition to advanced isn't too hard. Just play more regular so your fingers get adjusted to the placement of the buttons.

Good luck and enjoy!

Expert, on the other hand, is a different beast lol

I just picked up RB4, on the fence about getting this too.

Suggestions?

Buy it.

Does anyone know what this highway on the results screen means? Sorry for the shit photo:

qUoD45A.png

It's not the winner's highway, and it's not my highway either, so what the hell is it? It just randomly tells me something is level 4 after every song and I've no idea what.

Buy it.

Does anyone know what this highway on the results screen means? Sorry for the shit photo:

qUoD45A.png

It's not the winner's highway, and it's not my highway either, so what the hell is it? It just randomly tells me something is level 4 after every song and I've no idea what.
It's the winner's highway. The level 4 has to do with the guitar upgrades.

Impulsor

Having beat Through the fire and flames on GH3, I can't play this game on Expert. Can only manage on Advanced and I'm currently relearning. Some combos are really difficult to grasp.

But I like it. It's more engaging than the previous five button system. And way more representative of playing a real guitar.

wbEMX

Well, I think I have to return my current guitar. Its strum bar is already squeaking and when you hit it, there is slight resistance going in, like it's rubbing against a part inside of the guitar. I have a feeling that some notes are completely missed because the strum bar is faulty. Anyone else having the issue?

Aside from that this game runs perfectly on Wii U. GHTV works well, the video quality is not badly compressed in any way and the LPCM 5.1 sound mix is certainly the highlight of the game. It's very enjoyable, in my opinion.

Man, what were they thinking with the Eminem song? What a total drag. I liked the Skrillex song from that set though.

Also I think Halestorm and Paramore should've switched places in the set they're in, because the Halestorm song is way more intense.

I just picked up RB4, on the fence about getting this too.

Suggestions?

I bought both and I am liking this way more. It is fun, at least for me, trying to do something new. I really like how it is also only 3 buttons. I broke the pinky on my left hand twice as a kid and it is pretty crooked now. It was always super hard for me to use it to play notes, glad that I dont have to worry about that anymore.

deoee

Boo!, ordered to be delivered to my workplace, hasn't arrived and apparently a couple parcels have gone walkabout recently too :(

Damn that sucks.
I know how you feel... waiting all day, sitting besides the window and seeing your delivery truck driving by is such a kick in the balls :(

fernoca

Lol, am I not thinking correctly or is the entire point of pre-ordering, so that you can have it on the day it comes out? Confused here.
Unless they advertise and/or you pay for release date delivery, they will ship the day of release as the earliest.

Mine was shipped a day after realease (Wednesday) but they upgraded it to 1-day shipping, so I got it yesterday (Thursday).

Props to Zavvi for getting this to me promptly.

BxLm2FJ.png

I hate this cunting website.

So I've held off on RB4 due to the lack of ION support. Should I pick this up? I loved the previous GH games.

Read the OP, see what you think. The regulars in this thread think quite highly of it and reviews were solid.

All the positive word of mouth here is pushing me really hard to go pick this game up after work.

Anyone have any idea if a superior version exists between the PS4 and XB1 copies of the game? Guessing not but just want to double check.
I haven't heard anything in the way of differences.

Found out that there is an iOS specific guitar, that could have been an extra sale from a lot of people to download the app... That is really stupid

I was given a code by Amazon. It said "SoundDial-pack"
Is that the Avenged Sevenfold DLC?

It gets you some skins, including a really nice highway that makes the notes easier to read IMO. I think the Avenged Sevenfold stuff is available to everyone for a limited time. Just hit level 6 to play it

Google

Picked this up yesterday from BestBuy and played for an hour or so last night.

I've had terrible problems with the calibration of the guitar to work right with my TV.

I have a relatively good 1080p Samsung set that I picked up last year. I've put it into game mode and spent a few minutes trying to get the calibration perfect. I then jump into the song and it's just fucking terrible to play and never 'feels' right when I'm hitting the correct commands.

Any surefire tips to fixing this?

antitrop

Picked this up yesterday from BestBuy and played for an hour or so last night.

I've had terrible problems with the calibration of the guitar to work right with my TV.

I have a relatively good 1080p Samsung set that I picked up last year. I've put it into game mode and spent a few minutes trying to get the calibration perfect. I then jump into the song and it's just fucking terrible to play and never 'feels' right when I'm hitting the correct commands.

Any surefire tips to fixing this?

It took me a while to get it right.

Play a song, and try to hit in time relying only on sound. Notice where your notes disappear? If they disappear above the picks, then you should move your video calibration bell to the left. If they disappear below the picks, you should move your video calibration bell to the right.

Worked for me.

Is there no off-tv play on WiiU?! Can't seem to find the option and pressing minus (or any other button) on the gamepad won't do the trick either...

(And btw is there a thread search option on mobile gaf?)

I bought both and I am liking this way more. It is fun, at least for me, trying to do something new. I really like how it is also only 3 buttons. I broke the pinky on my left hand twice as a kid and it is pretty crooked now. It was always super hard for me to use it to play notes, glad that I dont have to worry about that anymore.

sweet thanks for the reply. I think I will get this on PS4 since I got RB4 for Xbone.

addyb

Good to see plenty enjoying this. Received min this morning from gameseek. I conveniently booked the day off work as well.

Initially i hated it. I'm an average GH/RB player. I can get through hard on those but struggle to even finish some on expert on those games.

Anyway the new game play mechanics instantly battered my head and I really couldn't get my head round it. My main issue was simply getting the top and bottom row mixed up. I then found myself losing my finger placement and somehow using my pinkie for the last row lol.

Anyway a couple of hours later and I feel comfortable with the transitions and I'm just loving the game overall. My brain still can't process the white/black on the same row combo. It might be a while before I get a handle on that.

Is there no off-tv play on WiiU?! Can't seem to find the option and pressing minus (or any other button) on the gamepad won't do the trick either...

(And btw is there a thread search option on mobile gaf?)
No Off-TV play on Wii U sadly. Tbh I'm just glad Wii U got it at all. Had to skip RB4 because I didn't want to buy a PS4/XB1 just for that.

I just finished the GH Live mode and I really don't think that mode is as cheesy as some of the reviews mention. Actually I was very well entertained.

I paired the demo at best buy today and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, might go back and get it but I have a few questions

1. Can 2 players play different difficulties? My wife would play but only on casual

2. The GHTV stuff rotates right? Between that and the disk there's like 5 songs I like

3. Can you earn the f2p coins with GHTV?

4. Any place with any deals? I've got GCU at best buy and some credit so that might be my best bet, just curious

Yaari

My Amazon.de payment failed because my Skrill creditcard is shit! So now I have to wait for tomorrow and hopefully it goes through correctly then. I'm close to just going to the store and picking it up for 18 EUR extra.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jeff reacting to GHTV exactly like me lol

I guess thats what you get for being a old man with a job and little time to play games (well in his case playing games IS his job, but I bet he doesnt play much in his own free time)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I might have to try the Live carrier at some point

Damn you GHTV, the one more song syndrome is real

im gonna finish that first, will play more tomrow (I actually went to bed earlier, I only played like 1 hour today when I got it...damn you graveayrd shifts). But yeah I want to finish career first, and then never touch it again! :p

fernoca

I paired the demo at best buy today and enjoyed it more than I thought I would, might go back and get it but I have a few questions

1. Can 2 players play different difficulties? My wife would play but only on casual

2. The GHTV stuff rotates right? Between that and the disk there's like 5 songs I like

3. Can you earn the f2p coins with GHTV?

4. Any place with any deals? I've got GCU at best buy and some credit so that might be my best bet, just curious
1. Yep...or at least I've seen it. Haven't tried.
2. Between both there are around 242 songs. 70 more will be coming soon, an extra channel will be added. Channels rotate genres every 30 minutes.
3. Yep. I started yesterday and barely made it to Level 4 and already have 25 tokens. To play a song of your choice, you only need 1.
4. That would be your best bet at the moment.

Top Bottom