• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

deoee

Got the game a couple of days ago and really enjoying it. Is everybody's volume way too low, no matter what I do, the volume is very weak. I have to raise the volume in my receiver to almost double of what I normally have it setup while playing regular games. I have the game for PS4 and it is setup to play with sorround apeakers.

Yep, it really is lower. But I think they can easily patch this / ann options for that?

Are there on demand songs in GHTV that never come up during rotation on either of the channels? For example I have never seen on my of favorite songs, More Than a Feeling by Boston, come up. That would be a huge bummer if true but maybe I just haven't been lucky. Meanwhile there are some indie songs I've see 3 or 4 times.

deoee

Are there on demand songs in GHTV that never come up during rotation on either of the channels? For example I have never seen on my of favorite songs, More Than a Feeling by Boston, come up. That would be a huge bummer if true but maybe I just haven't been lucky. Meanwhile there are some indie songs I've see 3 or 4 times.

I had that song yesterday!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I just played more than a feeling, so no. just luck I guess

also, my wrist, my fingers, my shoulder is killing me

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OK that's good to know, thanks.

I feel you, Rhaknar. My left hand feels like a wizened up claw after long sessions. My fingers actually hurt.

I was half serious. Like Im 36, when I played GH for reals last time was back during GH3/RB1 days, when was that? 07? so 8-9 years ago, when I was under 30. It makes a difference man lol

edit: also the live scoreboard is genious, I just actually screamed FUCK when someone took over first place right at the end of a song just now lol. And im not even that competitive

Hey guys. Got the game today for my ps4 and it's pretty great!

Got a problem though:

I started gh TV and did the first part of the tutorial. But I'm stuck now on the second song (which I guess is part of the introduction as well) and after finishing it (and sucking hard in the process) I get a connection error (Shale) again and again. I'm stuck now on this second song and all I can do is play it again and again with the same results.

I looked the error code up and did what I was told to do with no effect. I even opened all ports in my router for my ps4 to check if something weird with ports was going on, but that didn't help either. I'm using WiFi and never had problems with any game before when using online modes. Can't be weak connection because the ps4 is at about the perfect distance from my router with no walls in the way.

Any ideas? Don't wanna play ZZ Top forever.
Hmm that didn't happen to me. Sorry to say I think your best bet is restarting the game.

newsguy

For those with audio issues. I read somewhere that if you tell the game to use a surround setup, you need to turn off the console and restart for the setting to take effect. Of course if this is happening over the course of days then it's not the issue.

Catabu

Neo Member
Hmm that didn't happen to me. Sorry to say I think your best bet is restarting the game.

I tried restarting the game and the console. Both didn't help. Turning it off and on again is btw the official solution for this error code. So much for that.

My theory right now is that I'm stuck at this point because of reasons. Maybe resetting the online mode (or my profile for it) help. But I have no idea if that is even possible.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Initial impressions after playing about 4 sets so far. Loving it.

The new layout adds some much needed freshness to the playstyle, it's gonna take some getting used to the new chords and stuff. After the initial set I ramped straight up to Expert to have a pop, fuck me that was insanely hard. Knocked back down to advanced for now but I've generally flown through that so I do have slight concerns at the difficulty curve between the top 2...

Also the production quality is fucking amazing. My housemate was watching as I played the first set and he absolutely loved the crowd and band reactions and stuff. Great effort.

PJFJosh

I tried restarting the game and the console. Both didn't help. Turning it off and on again is btw the official solution for this error code. So much for that.

My theory right now is that I'm stuck at this point because of reasons. Maybe resetting the online mode (or my profile for it) help. But I have no idea if that is even possible.

Delete the game data entirely and reinstall to the hard drive. See if that helps.

FrsDvl

Well, I'm pretty much consistently getting 1st place on Advanced now. But I'm still scared to jump in on expert. Feels good to slowly master this guitar.

U2NUMB

I am sure this has been asked but do they plan on adding more live channels? Loving the concept and game.. only negatives is the calibration is flat garbage and I have had to exchange my guitar as the strum was stuck.

fernoca

I am sure this has been asked but do they plan on adding more live channels? Loving the concept and game.. only negatives is the calibration is flat garbage and I have had to exchange my guitar as the strum was stuck.
Yep, more channels and more songs. More videos for the Premium Channel too.

Hawk269

Bought the dual guitar bundle today at Best Buy for Xbox One but it looks like I'll have to RMA the first guitar :-/ I noticed even playing on casual I was missing far too many notes the first couple of songs but the dead giveaway was during playing of long single notes I would error out right in the middle of 'em. Going over to guitar two features none of those issues and I can easily 100% everything in casual. I don't believe it has anything to do with the buttons. More likely the USB dongle or maybe the wireless transmitter inside the guitar. Who knows. Sigh.

It is not the guitar. It is the receiver. The Xbox One has 3 USB ports. 2 in the back one on the side. When we received our 2 Pack, we first tested one guitar and used one of the back USB ports. Due to distance and that it is in the back of the unit, the range of the transmission was not strong enough. We experienced the exact issue you are stating, but we then moved the USB to the side port and never had an issue again.

So what I did is buy a 3 port USB 3.0 hub, hooked that into the back port, and have the hub upfront next to the console. We have been playing fine for the last 2 days without any issues.

To ensure, the guitar you are having issues with, move the USB to the side port and test it, I am sure you will find that is the issue.

Hawk269

What kind of Microphone is compatible with the game and a Xbox One (Wireless)? Just checked Best Buy and they have no official microphone.

killroy87

I wish they would create a more useful calibration tool for this. I don't see what placing the bell over the sound has to do with input lag on my guitar. Doesn't the calibration inherently need me to strum at some point?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else feel like playing on Channels in GHTV has more latency/input issues than when you just play an on-demand song? I feel like I drop way more notes that I feel like I'm hitting when I'm on GHTV Channels.

deoee

Anyone else feel like playing on Channels in GHTV has more latency/input issues than when you just play an on-demand song? I feel like I drop way more notes that I feel like I'm hitting when I'm on GHTV Channels.

Nope not for me.
Also the calibration seems to work this way:

To the right = video comes slightly before the sound
To the left = sound comes slightly before the video.

Just let someone play or see what happens to the notes when you strum.
Do they tend to fly trough the strumming point? --> go to the right.

I decided to pick this up at costco (10 bucks cheaper, yay).

As an old GH/RB head, this has been super frustrating at first, haha.

I have so much built up muscle memory from how my hands used to move. I think its gonna take me a while to even get really good on regular. I tried some expert tracks and my mind exploded, and i played expert on the old games! Lol.

Getting my mind to go with the flow and my fat fingers to cooperate is gonna be a journey. I find myswlf hitting the some position double notes on accident alot. And the 1/2 black/white combos? Get outta here!

Its fun so far though. I do plan to pick up RB4 in the future, so i wonder how i will handle going back and forth.

Concerning the guitar. The strum bar resistance doesn't feel as good to me as the previous guitars. And the buttons are a tad mushy. Imo.

twelver

Got the game a couple of days ago and really enjoying it. Is everybody's volume way too low, no matter what I do, the volume is very weak. I have to raise the volume in my receiver to almost double of what I normally have it setup while playing regular games. I have the game for PS4 and it is setup to play with sorround apeakers.

Sound is really low for me too on 5.1 setup. Restarted PS4 per instructions below and doesn't seem to help.

Also is anyone able to wakeup their ps4 with the guitar?? I can't.

Are the programming blocks on GHTV always the same? I haven't played it too much, but I played a full Rock Workout block a few night ago and then 18 hours later Rock Workout came up again and it was the exact same songs in the exact same order.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are the programming blocks on GHTV always the same? I haven't played it too much, but I played a full Rock Workout block a few night ago and then 18 hours later Rock Workout came up again and it was the exact same songs in the exact same order.
That's what I assumed it would be like.

I wonder if someone has put up a "TV Guide" type schedule so you know when the block you want is coming up.

Figments

Returned my old guitar to GameStop and got a new one. Now everything is working perfectly. Thank the heavens, because this game is way too fun to be disappointed by manufacturing defects.

gar3

It is not the guitar. It is the receiver. The Xbox One has 3 USB ports. 2 in the back one on the side. When we received our 2 Pack, we first tested one guitar and used one of the back USB ports. Due to distance and that it is in the back of the unit, the range of the transmission was not strong enough. We experienced the exact issue you are stating, but we then moved the USB to the side port and never had an issue again.

So what I did is buy a 3 port USB 3.0 hub, hooked that into the back port, and have the hub upfront next to the console. We have been playing fine for the last 2 days without any issues.

To ensure, the guitar you are having issues with, move the USB to the side port and test it, I am sure you will find that is the issue.
I am using a USB 3.0 hub, heh. But I did figure it out. What I did this afternoon was pair the second USB dongle to the first guitar (the one I thought might be broken) and I've been playing off-and-on all day without issue. When I pair either guitar to the first USB dongle I have major issues. Seems I need to RMA the one dongle and not the guitar.

devonodev

Been playing this the last few days, I love it. I usually get around mid 90s% on Advance, but way less on Expert. It's strange having to relearn Guitar Hero, after spending so long getting good at the previous games.

Unfortunately GHTV seems to be very unfriendly to those with an internet cap. No options to turn down video quality? It's not like I can focus on it anyway. I get 60gb a month of fast internet (with another 60gb 2-8am), I could use that all in a day playing this game online.

Also it seems the leaderboards aren't console cross compatible, I don't like this.

antitrop

If you're stuck on a lower difficult and want to feel good about yourself, boot up "Who Needs You?" by The Orwells on Expert, it makes most other songs on Regular look tough.

U2NUMB

Returned my old guitar to GameStop and got a new one. Now everything is working perfectly. Thank the heavens, because this game is way too fun to be disappointed by manufacturing defects.

I returned my first because the strum was stuck.. second one that seems fine but my #1 button sticks .. ugh

KaYotiX

Banned
played this at a buds house today and actually spent a good amount of time on it.

Its pretty fun, ill grab it for sure when it drops in price a little since RB4 is more than enough for me. Its nice to have to learn a new guitar, keeps things fresh.

If I got 100% on a song in GHTV, and got beaten by two people, is there any way to figure out why or how? They didn't get 100%.

Edit: just happened again. I have one upgrade in each slot for the guitar and am using the bomb power up.

If I got 100% on a song in GHTV, and got beaten by two people, is there any way to figure out why or how? They didn't get 100%.

Edit: just happened again. I have one upgrade in each slot for the guitar and am using the bomb power up.

I just got another 100% and came in 5th.

I'm not positive on this, but does playing on a higher difficulty give you the potential for more points? If so, they could be outscoring you that way.

sonto340

I thought of that, but that'd be pretty dumb to match people playing different difficulties, wouldn't it?
I'm fairly positive it just throws literally whoever into a game.
I've gotten a solid 96% on advanced and I've seen people blow me out of the water while
Only hitting ~85% of the notes.

Hmm ok. Well that's really strange then because tonight is the first time I've seen this happen, and also, you'd think it would show you at the end what difficulty people are playing on so you at least had some idea why you were getting beaten.

diggler41

Picked this up after hearing the decent buzz going around. Wasn't really all hyped by the setlist but man I am having a good time. Needs more metal...(as I play and enjoy One Republic lol)

And yeah I get 100% all the time on normal and still get 4th place. Gotta be the difficulty.

Also GHTV is surprisingly awesome. A great way to hear new stuff I would never have an outlet to. Can't wait fir the updates and new songs.

fernoca

Yep. Doesn't matter the % of notes you hit, but the final score. The higher the difficulty, the more notes, the higher the score.

I think it also shows the highway of the winner right next to the chart, so you can see the difficulty the player was...well, playing.

I always play on casual (well, for now) and usually end in the 5th..or 6th position even with 100%, simply because the score of the 1st is sometimes twice of mine.

Even in the Premium Events, hitting 100% on casual barely puts you in 3rd, and that's against the CPU (and nice touch naming them based on characters for the original GH...Lars, Midori, etc.).

Yep. Doesn't matter the % of notes you hit, but the final score. The higher the difficulty, the more notes, the higher the score.

I think it also shows the highway of the winner right next to the chart, so you can see the difficulty the player was...well, playing.

I always play on casual (well, for now) and usually end in the 5th..or 6th position even with 100%, simply because the score of the 1st is sometimes twice of mine.

Even in the Premium Events, hitting 100% on casual barely puts you in 3rd, and that's agsinst the CPU (and nice touch naming them based on characters for the original GH...Lars, Midori, etc.)
Does it? I thought that only showed you how upgraded their guitar is.

Top Bottom