• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

tumblr_mz0p0vsUcU1rpste2o1_400.gif

dwix

So in EXVS, my go-to was Infinite Justice because I felt like it had a great medium range and mobility. Which suits have similar qualities in Full Boost?

I should also mention that I am not good enough to use a 3000 point suit :p

Beckx

Man, Mobile Suit Gundam doesn't fuck around. Shit is dark sometimes.

Heh. IMO the 70s & 80s shows in general were darker than most stuff in the last 25+ years.

But Gundam does take the cake. Nothing will ever beat what Char did to poor Garma.

---------------

Mr. Ral is a character carved entirely from 100% pure awesome.

So in EXVS, my go-to was Infinite Justice because I felt like it had a great medium range and mobility. Which suits have similar qualities in Full Boost?

I should also mention that I am not good enough to use a 3000 point suit :p

Infinite Justice has similar qualities :p

In the 2500s, X-Divider, Strike Noir, Banshee, Impulse

Fuck me, I partially caved. I missed out on the premium G preorder on PSN and I'm not justifying spending 100 euros for 35 songs no matter how great they are. Ebay set me up with a fair enough deal (58 euros for the game, free shipping). Too bad I'll have to wait 3 weeks till it gets here:( JP PSN is shadowilluminate. Looking forward to getting slaughtered by you all in 3 weeks:)

Ryuukan

I wouldn't call Victory Gundam dark. I was more emotionally affected that one time when I dropped an egg and it broke.

RIP egg 2013-2013. You could have been delicious.

Most people who call Victory Gundam 'dark' or 'depressing' likely watched it on wikipedia

Tain

NCSX is killing me. I emailed them asking about upgrading to G and they haven't gotten back to me in like a week and aaaugh.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
at least it isn't Victory Gundam.

Victory Gundam isn't dark so much as it is just a show that aggressively hates women

Heh. IMO the 70s & 80s shows in general were darker than most stuff in the last 25+ years.

But Gundam does take the cake. Nothing will ever beat what Char did to poor Garma.

Zeta Gundam so dark they had to change the ending in the compilation movies. The new baby audience SEED brought in couldn't handle it

Victory Gundam isn't dark so much as it is just a show that aggressively hates women

Zeta Gundam so dark they had to change the ending in the compilation movies. The new baby audience SEED brought in couldn't handle it

What got me the most in those movies, beyond the ending, is how all the new footage did not integrate well at all with the existing footage. Very jarring and noticeable.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
What got me the most in those movies, beyond the ending, is how all the new footage did not integrate well at all with the existing footage. Very jarring and noticeable.

Yeah the Zeta compilations are bad

The TV series are kind of bloated, but they're almost always better than the compilation movies. Even the original Mobile Suit Gundam which has a pretty decent adaption. Ideon is ok too but both cut out alot of worthwhile stuff along with the filler.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Most people who call Victory Gundam 'dark' or 'depressing' likely watched it on wikipedia
Considering how shit it was, it was definitely a dark time for Gundam and depressing for the fans

matmanx1

Well, I'm currently experiencing the Blizzard of '14 (that's what we call any snowfall in in excess of 1 inch that sticks) down here in Georgia. It sure would be nice if my shiny new Gundam game was already here!

Well, I'm currently experiencing the Blizzard of '14 (that's what we call any snowfall in in excess of 1 inch that sticks) down here in Georgia. It sure would be nice if my shiny new Gundam game was already here!

We're getting snowed in supposedly here in VA. I was just thinking how it'd be nice to have this already.

Shouta

OMG JP version isn't steelbook? Fuck you Japan. >=(

Anyway, AmiAmi sent my payment email at 1am this morning which is well after when the Post Office closes, lol. It's paid for now though. =o So it should be shipping soooon.

I actually started to watch Victory recently because it was basically the only series I had never given a chance.
I quickly started watching Turn A again to wash the taste out of my mouth.
The only other two I haven't finished are ZZ and X.
I got bored of the "your sister is in another spaceship!" Bullshit in ZZ and gave up. For X, there was no real reason why I stopped watching it that I can remember.

Victory was just stupid. I knew I was done when they introduced that full team of waifu pilots and proceeded to kill one off every episode.

As far as the darkest series, I still think the original takes the cake.
He last episode of 08th is fucked up though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Considering how shit it was, it was definitely a dark time for Gundam and depressing for the fans

Not surprising. I believe Tomino was pretty openly depressed during the show's production

I wonder which series is the least offensive in that regard. Turn A?

Maybe.

No other show as Katejina though, so next to Victory they all look pretty good

I actually started to watch Victory recently because it was basically the only series I had never given a chance.
I quickly started watching Turn A again to wash the taste out of my mouth.
The only other two I haven't finished are ZZ and X.
I got bored of the "your sister is in another spaceship!" Bullshit in ZZ and gave up. For X, there was no real reason why I stopped watching it that I can remember.

I'm actually watching X now. It's kinda slow in the beginning but the cast and setting is cool

ZZ is however a waste of time imo. It's extremely inconsistent in tone and for the most part the continuity and the fanbase kind of pretend it didn't happen. Probably the 2nd worst after Victory to me.

As far as the darkest series, I still think the original takes the cake.

The original is pretty tame. Especially the good guys win everybody goes home ending.

Zeta is probably the darkest to me given its ending. In the end nothing is really accomplished on either side despite the sacrifices. Kamille's fate in particular is pretty horrifying.

I also loved how it completely fucking twisted any expectations you had for a Gundam finale based on the original series conclusion. No happy ending this time son!

I still say 08th was one of the better shows. And the MS Igloo series, regardless of what one thinks about the CG.

All the UC OVAs are godlike. War in the Pocket is my personal favorite but 08th and 0080 are both good too.

Still need to watch F91 and Igloo though

Zeta is probably the darkest to me given its ending. In the end nothing is really accomplished on either side despite the sacrifices. Kamille's fate in particular is pretty horrifying.
Except he is perfectly fine and isn't involved with more nonsense and bullshit of two sides bickering at each other and slaughtering civilians in the process. So in reality Kamille is actually one of the luckier protagonists out of all the gundam shows.
ZZ is however a waste of time imo. It's extremely inconsistent in tone and for the most part the continuity and the fanbase kind of pretend it didn't happen. Probably the 2nd worst after Victory to me.
Gundam UC is pretty good, you should probably watch it.

I'm actually watching X now. It's kinda slow in the beginning but the cast and setting is cool

The original is pretty tame. Especially the good guys win everybody goes home ending.

I also loved how it completely fucking twisted any expectations you had for a Gundam finale based on the original series conclusion. No happy ending this time son!

All the UC OVAs are godlike. War in the Pocket is my personal favorite but 08th and 0080 are both good too.

Yeah ZZ just did not click with me. If I remember right at least 15 episodes are him trying to save his sister and failing. Over and over.

And yeah Zeta is definitely darker than the original when I think about it. However, I always liked that in the original there were times where you did sympathize with the enemy. The Titans were all around assholes so it was one of the series with a very clear cut good team/bad team.

My personal favorite series is still 0083. Some of my favorite suit designs and I liked how personal the plot was compared to other series. And I still say Kou is the best Gundam pilot. Mostly because his emo periods are limited and in the end he is just out for petty revenge. That always felt very realistic to me. Love some of his moves too. That scene where he shoves his giant beam cannon down Cima's throat and blows her in half? Oh. My. Gawd.

I absolutely love F91. I still have a hard time remembering that Seabook is Kincaido in Crossbone because of he different the art style is in the manga.

Ryuukan

ZZ is good aside from some goofy minor characters early on.

Kamille has a complete happy ending with his waifu. Retro_ also watches gundam on wikipedia

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Except he is perfectly fine and isn't involved with more nonsense and bullshit of two sides bickering at each other and slaughtering civilians in the process. So in reality Kamille is actually one of the luckier protagonists out of all the gundam shows.

Only in ZZ and New Translation does he recover.

Within the context of the original TV series though I think he definitely has it the worst. In the novelization of Zeta I believe he dies shortly after the final battle, so depending on your personal opinion he has it a little better/worse there.

Kamille has a complete happy ending with his waifu. Retro_ also watches gundam on wikipedia

Nah I just don't let the later series taint what I felt watching earlier ones.

So ZZ doesn't make Kamille's fate less bleak to me and Char's Counterattack doesn't make the ending of 0079 any less happy

Beckx

!!
The show ends with him having gone completely insane. ZZ opens with him in a coma. Was this all retconned?

*Full disclosure: I bailed on ZZ after 10 episodes back in the day.

Agree

Within the context of the original TV series though I think he definitely has it the worst. In the novelization of Zeta I believe he dies shortly after the final battle, so depending on your personal opinion he has it a little better/worse there.

Heh, that's funny, Tomino killed off Amuro at the end of the original Gundam novels, too.

1emons

Neo Member

Not everybody :(
tumblr_m2dw1qHD5c1rrytkpo1_500.png

SpadeRunner

Neo Member
Sorry GAF Gundam, I have been absent for far too long, but now that is once again at an end. It's time for me to step back into the world of Gundam Fights!

Not long to go now, Gundam Fight, Standby!

Ryuukan

Nah I just don't let the later series taint what I felt watching earlier ones.

So ZZ doesn't make Kamille's fate less bleak to me and Char's Counterattack doesn't make the ending of 0079 any less happy

ZZ Gundam is part of the "original TV series". It started airing the very next season after Zeta, like two weeks later.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yes I know about Marida in Unicorn.

but Unicorn is mediocre on a good day to me. I watched the first 3 as they released and just lost interest. Maybe when it's done I'll go back to it.

The show ends with him having gone completely insane. ZZ opens with him in a coma. Was this all retconned?

In ZZ they meet up with Fa and Kamille on earth and he communicates with Judau telepathically to try and stop a colony drop or something

I think at the end of that ordeal he says one word faintly

Then at the end of ZZ when Judau's sister is magically alive again and brought to Judau by someone who has never met either one of them before, Kamille is shown to be dancing on a beach by moonlight with Fa.

Basically ZZ is dumb as fuck. It kinda cheapens everything it touches. Haman, Kamille even Yazan lol

ZZ Gundam is part of the "original TV series". It started airing the very next season after Zeta, like two weeks later.

I meant that I think of the individual series as just that. At the time one watches the Zeta ending they have no idea that he'll be dancing on a beach with his (3rd choice) girlfriend at the end of the next one.

They just know that he's not ok and when ZZ aired 2 weeks later, was put into a vegetative state by Scirocco. AKA dude got a raw deal

kollapse

Neo Member
I've just paid my Amiami preorder. My copy should arrive in 1~2 weeks.

Up to 2 weeks? Really? That's too bad. This is my first time using AmiAmi (I have been a PA scrub for years, but I'm sick of paying too much for things now), and I sort of expected a quicker turnaround than that. Here's hoping it's closer to the 1 week mark for all of us.

Top Bottom