• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
My past EMS experiences with AmiAmi have been ship out on Thursday, arrive in Seattle on Monday.

Yeah generally EMS from Japan should be pretty damned fast. At least that seems to be the case when having to take care of stuff from here to the US.

RIP in peace, EXVS.

12199646566_77d0d27ca5_o.gif

Bring on dat Full Boost!

lordcyno

Bright slap image in the op convinced me to try this out.

Have my jpn psn points ready to go when the game is available on the store since I missed the preorder.

Looking forward to playing with gaf.

Beth Cyra

Haha I just saw that Wing Zero (Quatre) is a 2500 suit. While I'm happy that there isn't another Zero at 3000 Cost, it's funny that not only could Quatre not get his suit in the game, he ends up getting a weak version of the best one as if he wasn't good enough for it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Why you gotta embarrass Dunpeal like that?

Man already plays Haman

dwix

That gif is both hypnotizing, and a realization that I have only a basic understanding of what is possible in this game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's Zaku head doing on Zeta.

Get off of there Zaku, you don't even have gerobis.

Won't be able to get this anytime soon which I'm pretty sad about. Most of my friends were not into buying the first game but now everyone has a hard on for this game.

Oh well, maybe in February hopefully.

IronLich

Aww yeah. Doing the "shipped from Play-Asia" dance

CjSdAug.gif

Probably going after Hyaku Shiki, Red Frame, or Dynames. Any good advice from those suits?

(maybe Gaia for troll option)

Moar pictures, more fun!
FB_dlc2.png

Um... I might want to add Roux in Zeta to that list, too. There's so many choices. I can't hold all those mobile suits!

I think I really want to try using the Susanoo as my first suit, but do you guys think such a melee focused suit would be a bad choice for a complete beginner? I just really want to beat people with the power of the Flag.

I think I really want to try using the Susanoo as my first suit, but do you guys think such a melee focused suit would be a bad choice for a complete beginner? I just really want to beat people with the power of the Flag.

Yeah you might be in for some rough online matches with that as a first choice to learn the game. For arcade and missions, should not be a problem to learn the basics.

You are going to love the speed of the thing (it was the first suit I loved playing the first game) and you look badass playing it when everyone else is taking pot shots at each other while you spin katana's through their chests lol.

Probably going after Hyaku Shiki, Red Frame, or Dynames. Any good advice from those suits?

(maybe Gaia for troll option)

I can comment on Red Frame, since its mostly the same as it was in EXVS - the lion's share of the suit's changes are based on its speed, move properties and adjustments to its rifle shots. I think your best bet with that suit is to use its rifle shots or the Gerbera Straight toss to fish for a hit, and then either use rifle shots to knock them down from afar or close the distance and hit them with a short combo - doing either of those things with the Gerbera Straight will be a bit more difficult, now that it no longer crumples during stun, but it should still be manageable. The Iai Dash is fast and it tracks very well, so use it whenever you need to make a beeline to an opponent in a hurry - just remember to cancel it before you use one of the followups.

This video has some of the stuff I'm talking about in it.

Honestly Roux Zeta, Zeta Zaku, Luna Impulse, dreams come true. :D

Interesting they went this route though with the unit DLC though. Guess they really want to be like, if you want super brand new suits, it's all in maxi. No teasers for you like last time.

Jomjom

Banned
So is it possible to play offline on my US account? Also its impossible to get the platinum trophy on a non-JP account right?

Jubern

Amazon is preparing my order... Quiiiick. I need it before noon tomorrow or else it's going to be a pain in the ass to recover the package.
(I'm working until 21 on Friday and MOVING Saturday lol)

So is it possible to play offline on my US account? Also its impossible to get the platinum trophy on a non-JP account right?

If you have a physical copy, it should be fine to play offline on your US account. But yeah, looks impossible to get that platinum though due to the online trophies.

NEO0MJ

No MG Turn X yet, but 2014 is the year it finally happens!

*checks online*
It's true! Yes, finally! Been waiting for this moment for ages, and now it's coming within 5 months :')

Amazon is preparing my order... Quiiiick. I need it before noon tomorrow or else it's going to be a pain in the ass to recover the package.
(I'm working until 21 on Friday and MOVING Saturday lol)

Play-Asia have yet to ship it :(

FSLink

Banned
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but the metal case in the premium edition isn't an actual steelbook

Not even sure it's a metalpak to be honest. Hinges look wrong

Oh thank god, I was gonna be so sad that I didn't get a steelbook because I ordered the JP version.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How many hours until this thing goes live?

Shit is just sitting there on my ps3 taunting me.

Beckx

How long til they put premium G back on the PSN store is the real question. Who pulls down a pre-order early?

Honestly Roux Zeta, Zeta Zaku, Luna Impulse, dreams come true. :D

Interesting they went this route though with the unit DLC though. Guess they really want to be like, if you want super brand new suits, it's all in maxi. No teasers for you like last time.

You say that, but one year from now there will be a bunch of new suits for maxi and FB console at the same time. Or not! Nobody ever expects the spanish inquisition and no one certainly expected EXVS to get Xi and Gold Frame and all the rest.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
How long til they put premium G back on the PSN store is the real question. Who pulls down a pre-order early?

Its the same with physical stores that do pre-orders, there is always a deadline before the actual release date. Truthfully we knew about the pre-order deadline for a while and those who try to scramble at last minute really have only themselves to blame unfortunately.

Beckx

Its the same with physical stores that do pre-orders, there is always a deadline before the actual release date. Truthfully we knew about the pre-order deadline for a while and those who try to scramble at last minute really have only themselves to blame unfortunately.

I'm wearing a hairshirt right now!

But when does it go back, tonight? (Please don't say Premium G is physical only now because my fragile heart can't take it.)

Tayaya

I haven't imported a game since DJ Max technika came out for the Vita. This game has broken my import-less streak.

I haven't played any of the Gundam Vs games unless you count the old "Federation vs Zeon" game that game out years and years ago on the PS2. Watching footage of this one made me get the Virtual On feels in a big way, though, and I really can't wait to get my paws on this one.

Top Bottom