• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

baekshi

Banned
Kind of off topic, but was the original Gundam Extreme VS playable online from a US account, meaning you could get the platinum trophy on your US account? Was there any kind of online pass that came with new copies?
yes,& no online pass

i don't think new copies would have online pass or anything like that....

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Well, I was missing some skills because the Online Mission mode has some skills as rewards as well. There is one that I don't have the faintest idea what it means:

Obtained in ONLINE mission
  • 03 Extreme: Durability Recovery (Team)
  • 04 Extreme: EX Gauge Performance Up (Team)
  • 05 Hard: EX Burst Time Extension (Team)
  • 06 Extreme: Melee Attack Up (Team)
  • 11 Hard: Boost Cancel Consumption Down
  • 17 Hard: EX Burst +
  • 17 Extreme: Forces Supplementation (????) EDIT: Team Bar Increase (thanks Hasemo!)
  • 19 Hard: Unit Cost Down
  • 20 Normal: Step Cancel Consumption Down

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some really fun matches with folks from IRC.
But damn, I need to step up my game to stop dragging my team down every time.

It hurts to live knowing that I still have to wait the whole weekend before my copy even ships. At least the hype for this game got to order my first gunpla. That should be fun to put together when it arrives tomorrow. Maybe it'll ease some of the pain.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
BfTsXKwCEAAD_pa.jpg:large

Dang looking at Meer and then Lacus, Meer got a HUGE boobjob LOL.

Also dat Haman in a dress hnnggg!!!

Roux isn't a navi... ;_;

They didn't add Marina..... ;_;

Dammit Bamco get your shit together!

I dunno whether to cave and get digital or to wait for the physical copy. I'll just have a physical copy express shipped to me. Screw shipping charges!

Ken

I'm getting wrecked by the easiest arcade stages.

Guess I should have watched those beginner tutorial videos first!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
ggs Insomnia folks

bagandscapel making me look real good playing on my account against gaffers that came into our room. lol

Hopefully we can make in person meetups a semi-regular thing. Was fun.

Naite

I regret waiting til the last minute to buy some psn cards for the digital version, especially with how crappy the Canadian dollar has gotten. It's been about 2 days and Japan Codes still hasn't sent me my codes yet.

Roux is so pretty <3 <3 <3 Combined with my Meer navi, mah waifu team will be set! I wonder what my gf will think, although she does want to learn how to play, lol.

And I am going to get a new capture card today so no more aids stream! xD

Kind of off topic, but was the original Gundam Extreme VS playable online from a US account, meaning you could get the platinum trophy on your US account? Was there any kind of online pass that came with new copies?

Thinking of picking up the original to get my feet wet first.
You could do that, but I'd suggest just jumping into Full Boost. You're not missing anything from the first one if you do. And probably everyone's jumped ship to FB from EXVS anyway.

mcmmaster

Someone who already has a copy, please tell me this song is in the game http://youtu.be/gf-o9ZZCfPA

Just finished watching A Wakening of the Trailblazer and god damn, I never knew Gundam was this epic!!! That entire fight sequence whilst that song was playing was just beautiful, I can't even comprehend the amount of shit going on the screen at once. Really makes you admire the animators that did the storyboard for the fight sequences.

zoobzone

So I just got downloaded the Premium Soundtrack version of this game, but I can't see any of the premium soundtrack in game?

I have the 1.7GB add-on installed as well.

Someone who already has a copy, please tell me this song is in the game http://youtu.be/gf-o9ZZCfPA

Just finished watching A Wakening of the Trailblazer and god damn, I never knew Gundam was this epic!!! That entire fight sequence whilst that song was playing was just beautiful, I can't even comprehend the amount of shit going on the screen at once. Really makes you admire the animators that did the storyboard for the fight sequences.
They have the TV series version of that song called Trans Am Raiser.
So I just got downloaded the Premium Soundtrack version of this game, but I can't see any of the premium soundtrack in game?

I have the 1.7GB add-on installed as well.
You select a song you want to replace, press circle to bring up the song, press circle again to bring up a menu with songs you can replace with, the second selection in that menu should be premium g, press circle on it and pick the song you want to add.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh shit Giren?!

Buying Relena and Giren.

Missed opportunity on Mr Ral Namco.

Seriously Mr. Ral and Rinko would print money as DLC

The first run of characters had nothing Im interested in, hope they release the others soon. D:

Roux!!! Do want. Best ZZ waifu. Definately a missed opertunity to add gbf stuff. I would buy Rinko and Mr.Ral navi's 3x faster than you could say gunpla. Now if only NCSX would get me my copy of the game.

I feel like the hardest thing for me to grasp right now is movement. I'm never quite sure if I should be keeping a good distance or boost towards my opponents. I tried to use Exia in arcade mode was getting thrashed.

Parakeetman

I feel like the hardest thing for me to grasp right now is movement. I'm never quite sure if I should be keeping a good distance or boost towards my opponents. I tried to use Exia in arcade mode was getting thrashed.

It really depends on what unit you are using (with loadout) and the situation at hand. Plus since certain units have different reach with the melee weapons that also comes into play. But when you get better this will matter less.

For example I try not to melee too much with my Zudah as the heat axe fucking sucks with range.

It really depends on what unit you are using (with loadout) and the situation at hand. Plus since certain units have different reach with the melee weapons that also comes into play. But when you get better this will matter less.

For example I try not to melee too much with my Zudah as the heat axe fucking sucks with range.
Yeah, I've been trying to stick with more ranged suits until I get better at moving around.

The game travels 6000+ miles in a day, I miss the delivery and now it's stuck in the post office 2 miles away from my house until Monday... How does that work?!?

I'll just have to spend tomorrow working on my RX-79 instead

Parakeetman

Yeah, I've been trying to stick with more ranged suits until I get better at moving around.

Those tut vids that donkey show put up in the OT are a fantastic visual reference point so do highly recommend them if you have not already viewed them.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since online play is having a case of Maintenance, I've been playing around with FB missions.
Thanks to the above, I think I've found my new main - Delta Plus. It's fast, can transform and do all kinds of cool stuff.
Coincidentally, today I've made this:
NTTogRD.jpg

matmanx1

Really nice Delta Plus, Hasemo!

I am currently working on a MG God Gundam and I have a MG RX-78-2 waiting.

Curiously, I don't care for the Delta Plus in EXVS even though I love the ship in the anime.

baekshi

Banned
It's almost here but I think it won't make it here today.

02/01/2014 02:08 Arrival at inward office of exchange AMC JFK NY

Its quite possible it will be at my PO so maybe I'll be able to pick it up.

Top Bottom