• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

C-Drive

In-depth Menu Guide

has bookmarks in the description to find what you want

Also in the description was this usefulness:

k375Q6l.png

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's only if you dabble outside of gundangaf that you might get some jerks.

As with any game really. But just say fuck them and move on. Or if they tend to stay in the same game as you make it your personal mission to single them out and target only them and let em know that with your actions. Regardless if you die a lot from that, you can be assured that they are getting more pissed off than you :D

It's okay, just take your time. If you need any pointers or help, let us know. :)

More slam jam from last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=458r6lOWYWk

A shame custom soundtracks don't show up on your replays. Had to grab these from my twitch.

Thanks, I think I am having trouble because I am trying different suits to see which I like the most. I had a pretty good time as Nena Trinity (have no idea what that one move does when you hit R2 though) and liking this dude from Crossbone who has an eyepatch.

I am not sure if you can get kicked out of a match in the original Extreme Vs. but it seemed like I would get the boot after playing online so it discouraged me from playing it much. I'll try not to let it happen this time, though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bamco is advising to stay away from online play, because if there are errors in the connection, the data after the match can fail to be transferred correctly and there's a chance that the player will get a penalty.
The above is apparently happening now (source).

My copy got to San Francisco early this morning!! Maybe Seattle tomorrow?

Who am I kidding? It's still gonna get here Monday. And not like I'd play it over the Super Bowl. Go Hawks!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow, that lag was something else.
So much time to think about the overall strategy and plan the next move. Felt almost like a wRPG with a Pause button.

Luigi87

Dammit Nippon-Yasan, I paid you in advance. Stop processing and ship it already >_<
...Where's a colony when you need to drop one?

matmanx1

The bad news is I am at work. The good news is that FedEx tracking is showing that my wife signed for my game this morning at 11 AM! I am very surprised they got it to me that quickly with the way that the roads are right now around Atlanta.

Good times (and many losses as I try out the new suits) await.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's okay, just take your time. If you need any pointers or help, let us know. :)

More slam jam from last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=458r6lOWYWk

A shame custom soundtracks don't show up on your replays. Had to grab these from my twitch.
LOL, my connection is so shit.

Also, pretty neat how you single-handedly won the match
;_;

Beckx

BTW in case it's not obvious to people how to set up a Training Mode (method from Brett's EXVS videos):

1. go to Free Battle
  2. pick your suit and change yourself to Team A (options at the top of your player rectangle in free battle)
  3. Press R1 to go to the next player, set to Team A and set CPU to Stop
  4. R1 to third player, set to Team B and set CPU to Stop
  5. R1 to fourth player, set to Team B and CPU to Stop
  6. on the next screen, set time to infinite and enemy player gauge to infinite

Voila, you now have a field where you can practice as long as you like against non-moving CPU dummies. Change CPU AI if you want them to do things. Helps me work on movement and BR Zunda and the like.

Mr Spliff

Just to confirm, are all of the codes with the physical copies region locked and is there any workaround to use a NA account? I don't mind using my Jap account, I would just like to be sure before doing so.

baekshi

Banned
It's happening!!!!! Seattle tomorrow!!!!

Please?!?

damn it, i know its not coming tomorrow. mine arrived at SF also and its got to make it to NY ;/

Just to confirm, are all of the codes with the physical copies region locked and is there any workaround to use a NA account? I don't mind using my Jap account, I would just like to be sure before doing so.

you can play offline, just not online.

you can't redeem any regional codes to another region store, full boost code or not.

dwix

damn it, i know its not coming tomorrow. mine arrived at SF also and its got to make it to NY ;/

Eh, packages can move fast. What's your estimated delivery date?

Mine isn't arriving until Tuesday so I will just obsess over Donkey's stream and IRC all weekend...

Ken

So glad I checked this thread which prompted me to check my EMS tracker. Game's in my post office yay. Didn't expect 3 days shipping.

Anyone mind linking me to a JPN PSN account creation guide? Guess I should stop being lazy and do that finally.

No workaround since the Online Pass for Full Boost does not exist on the North American Playstation Store.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man. Gundam Versus youtube channel got axed

Guess that's why a-cho kills the audio on all their Full Boost vids

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For those interested, here is the [Google] translated FB mission mode skill list

Preobtained:
  • Durability Up
  • Ranged Beam Attack Up
  • Melee Attack Up (Player)
  • EX Gauge Performance Up (Player)
Obtained in misson
  • 13 Easy: Ally Damage Reduction
  • 14 Easy: Boost Consumption Reduced
  • 14 Extreme: Live Ammo Attack Up
  • 16 Extreme: Blast Burst Time Extension
  • 17 Extreme: "Underlying Strength" Attack Up (aka "Guts mode")
  • 23 Hard: EX Gauge+ (Player)
  • 27 Normal: Live Ammo Defense Up
  • 31 Hard: EX Gauge+ (Team)
  • 32 Hard: Assault Burst Time Extension
  • 33 Easy: Shoot & Melee Power Up
  • 36 Extreme: Durability Recovery (Player)
  • 38 Easy: Boost Gauge Increase
  • 40 Hard: SP Increase
  • 41 Hard: Ranged Beam Defense Up
  • 43 Normal: Ranged Defense Up
  • 43 Extreme: Barrier Strength Up
  • 44 Hard: Ranged Attack Up

EDIT: @RiderKairuu, yes you do, there should be a code to redeem and download

Jomjom

Banned
Kind of off topic, but was the original Gundam Extreme VS playable online from a US account, meaning you could get the platinum trophy on your US account? Was there any kind of online pass that came with new copies?

Thinking of picking up the original to get my feet wet first.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Oh man. Gundam Versus youtube channel got axed

Guess that's why a-cho kills the audio on all their Full Boost vids

Talk about bullshit right? Since it serves as positive promotion for their game. And its not like its an actual music video or movie.

Thats one thing Japan really needs to get out of their asses is their heads when it comes to these types of situations. Some companies pull the same shit over at niconico too so its not just YT.

matmanx1

I decided to ease my way back in to Gundam fight by doing the Easy FB missions while using random suits, mostly the new ones. So far, I really enjoy Johnny Ridden's Zaku and the Crossbone X-2.

So when I am spending points on my suits in the mission mode what I am actually leveling up is the skills that I have unlocked, is that right? If that's the case then I sort of miss the different parameters from the first game although I guess it works out to be pretty similar once you have all of the skills unlocked.

My first thoughts on getting up from my first play sessions with Full Boost were "EXVS, I sure have missed you!"

Top Bottom