• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Really nice Delta Plus, Hasemo!

I am currently working on a MG God Gundam and I have a MG RX-78-2 waiting.

Curiously, I don't care for the Delta Plus in EXVS even though I love the ship in the anime.
Thanks! I would make another MG, because 1/100 look really cool, but my Red Frame took me about 20 hours and I don't want to use my whole weekend on one model :(
Plus spending 3-5k on one Gunpla would make me feel guilty.

As for DP in the game, I started laughing when I've noticed that its burst attack is basically "Unicorn riding on top of transformed DP and shooting". What.

vjljlMa.jpg

Yeah!!!

Gundam get. Copy arrived today. EMS wow. Got my Johnny DLC also. Got the codes all redeemed, downloaded the songs. But man am I rusty. Gotta get back into it.

Two straight hours of boot camp from haly and donkey. I have not had this much fun with a game since Dark Souls.

This shitting on the epyon made me crack up.

<JKTrix> how2epyon
<JKTrix> 1: Spin stick
<JKTrix> 2: BBBB
<bagandscalpel> Epyon: The Acguy of 3K
<DonkeyShow> wtf is this epyon shit

Played offline in arcade mode for a bit. I'm seriously rusty. No time for more today, birthday party tonight and tomorrow is all about SUPER BOWL. Go Hawks!!

Ken

Wish I still had my old gunpla but I think I can still make a picture in a bit with the few I have...

Oh right, a question. Is CC hold C different from double tap lever and hold for boosting over distances? CC won't cause me to jump in the air right?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
What's the name of the suit with the sniper rifle and handguns?

matmanx1

What's the deal with the Crossbone X-2 and being able to remove and re-quip the cape? Are there other moves in the uncloaked form or increased mobility? And does anyone have a FAQ up yet for the move lists? I am most certainly going to need one.

Rhapsody

Banned
After having a friend that knows this game well show me the ropes, it's going to take a long time before I get decent.

Movement is super hard in this game.

What's the deal with the Crossbone X-2 and being able to remove and re-quip the cape? Are there other moves in the uncloaked form or increased mobility? And does anyone have a FAQ up yet for the move lists? I am most certainly going to need one.
Taking off the cape makes him faster. The cape obviously blocks beam weaponry for a bit, but it really impedes his movement. Also, you can use it to cancel out of moves.

IronLich

Movement is super hard in this game.

That's what I feel, too. I always boost out of habit like I'm playing A.C.E instead of sidestepping which would probably get me out of the majority of my ass beatings.

Good games over the past few days, and apologies for scrubbing it up super hard.

dwix

Trying to play EXVS to keep myself distracted and I feel like I'm getting much better at understanding how to move efficiently and punish landings better... Though, I'm playing against the AI so I'm sure most if not all of that will fly out of the window once I get online with Full Boost.

I am really enjoying a variety of suits now, whereas before it was basically IJ or bust. Feels good.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I feel, too. I always boost out of habit like I'm playing A.C.E instead of sidestepping which would probably get me out of the majority of my ass beatings.

Lol

Today I learned from re-reading the OP that rainbow cancels are step cancels, not boost cancels.

Which is why I haven't been able to do them even offline until now.

Moral of the story is don't read alot about games before you play them. You retain very very little.

Picking up so much more from match videos now that I have input and play experience than I did pre-release

Kinda bummed that tomorrow is the Super Bowl. I just want to stay home and play more Gundam

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
17 Extreme: Forces Supplementation (????)
I've been unlocking all the online/offline skills and maxing this one increases team hp bar by 1000. It goes over the initial limit as well, so you start a mission with a full bar and a "+1000" on the right. Great thing to have.

Defunkled

I wasn't home so I couldn't sign for the package and now the game is waiting at the post office until Monday. Looking forward to playing with you guys!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I've been unlocking all the online/offline skills and maxing this one increases team hp bar by 1000. It goes over the initial limit as well, so you start a mission with a full bar and a "+1000" on the right. Great thing to have.
Oh nice, I'll edit the list then.
I still haven't played any of the online missions though, should get on with that.
Donkey, could you add both lists to the OP? :)

Yay, copy finally shipped yesterday:) Now just have to wait 2-3 weeks:(

More on topic: whats all this talk about skills? How much do they influence the game? Do they give an unfair advantage?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You buy skills from their cash shop and it gives you an advantage in Ranked.

( &#8790;&#8255;&#8790;)

This game is so good

I've only played EXVS casually a few times, but I'm going all in on this. Strike Noir is probably my favorite so far.

baekshi

Banned
Oh shit, its at my local post office

February 1, 2014 , 10:39 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
NEW YORK, NY 10199

Will I be able to pick it up on Sunday?

edit: o wait, damn... thats the sort facility... it didn't move to the PO ..which is like couple of blocks away :/

TAKE YOUR TIME, YOU !!!!

I knew I would be waiting until monday... :(

Oh shit, its at my local post office

February 1, 2014 , 10:39 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
NEW YORK, NY 10199

Will I be able to pick it up on Sunday?
Doubt it. You could give it a go though!

And I was rather impressed at how long JKTrix and I were able to play ranked for awhile. Not as many rejections as I thought, but I think we're getting close to the rank limit of where peeps become connection snobs. xD

Top Bottom