• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

baekshi

Banned
Doubt it. You could give it a go though!

And I was rather impressed at how long JKTrix and I were able to play ranked for awhile. Not as many rejections as I thought, but I think we're getting close to the rank limit of where peeps become connection snobs. xD

I hyped myself thinking it was at PO then I looked again closely....

:(

My best/luckiest moment so far

Is there any way to see your overall game time here? I fear it may be over 20 hours over the span of four days.

Managed to clear everything up to route C in the arcade mode except for the hidden things which I'm not sure about how they trigger. That route C boss is flipping nuts though.

Oh yeah, whenever that 00 song plays for me all I can hear is IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW D:

I hyped myself thinking it was at PO then I looked again closely....

:(
2MlGbEm.gif
[
My best/luckiest moment so far

Is there any way to see your overall game time here? I fear it may be over 20 hours over the span of four days.

Managed to clear everything up to route C in the arcade mode except for the hidden things which I'm not sure about how they trigger. That route C boss is flipping nuts though.

Oh yeah, whenever that 00 song plays for me all I can hear is IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW D:
Dunno, in the first one, it would show up in a little timer over the menu but that would only count up to 100 hours before it reset.

And yes, the slam jam is now a part of you!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since online was out yesterday, I've cleared all offline FB missions on easy and normal. With all skills unlocked, even hard and extreme aren't much of a challenge.
Online missions are a whole another story, since the CPU partner is terrible. Doing them with 2 players is not a problem, but trying some of the harder stuff alone was a real pain.
except for the hidden things which I'm not sure about how they trigger. That route C boss is flipping nuts though.
Iirc EX missions are unlocked by reaching a certain amount of points in the previous mission.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Since online was out yesterday, I've cleared all offline FB missions on easy and normal. With all skills unlocked, even hard and extreme aren't much of a challenge.
Online missions are a whole another story, since the CPU partner is terrible. Doing them with 2 players is not a problem, but trying some of the harder stuff alone was a real pain.

Iirc EX missions are unlocked by reaching a certain amount of points in the previous mission.
Huh, for some reason I didn't think of doing the online ones with a CPU partner... good tip!
And yeah, the offline ones at least are A LOT easier than the ones in vanilla.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I had initially thought the skills were just for SP apparently thats not the case? If so will have to work on unlocking them too!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I had initially thought the skills were just for SP apparently thats not the case? If so will have to work on unlocking them too!
Yep, the skills are for both off and online mission modes, which makes sense given that 9 skills are unlocked in online mode, not offline :p

Parakeetman

Yep, the skills are for both off and online mission modes, which makes sense given that 9 skills are unlocked in online mode, not offline :p

I didnt bother reading up the JP site on it had seen the info somewhere else in english and figured if thats the case might as well not bother with obtaining them for the time being.

Jubern

Here's a little post on Hachima summarizing the situation in Akiba :
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7529646.html

The tweets say stuff like :
"Catchphrase trending now among arcades' staff: "Welp, Full Boost's home release sure hit hard"" lol

As for me for I'm done moving but I forgot how slow getting internet could be in Japan and won't get my connexion before the 11th, noooooo.

Parakeetman

Here's a little post on Hachima summarizing the situation in Akiba :
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7529646.html

The tweets say stuff like :
"Catchphrase trending now among arcades' staff: "Welp, Full Boost's home release sure hit hard"" lol

As for me for I'm done moving but I forgot how slow getting internet could be in Japan and won't get my connexion before the 11th, noooooo.

Pretty much any arcades that banked too hard on the arcade version have really shot themselves in the foot. Im sure part of continuous support for future titles to their locations depends on X amounts of units per store depending on size too. So at the same time its not totally the fault of gamecenter owners either.

But overall the ones who lose out the most are the owners of game centers as Bannam gets their money either way from both the arcade machine purchase / renting and from the home version, while arcades are stuck with machines that are not making money but still taking resources (space / electricity).

Jubern

Yep. If people want to know why Maxi Boost's release is THAT close to FB's PS3 version release, this situation is pretty much your answer.

Parakeetman

Yep. If people want to know why Maxi Boost's release is THAT close to FB's PS3 version release, this situation is pretty much your answer.

I do believe this similar situation is why sega is so "frugal" borderline anal with not letting a lot of their more popular arcade titles get proper console ports. Quest for D, Key of Avalon, Shining Force Cross, Border Break etc. Since sega is still one of the major powerhouses in the arcade game scene and they dont want to lose that footing by creating offspring that will cannibalize their current standing within that circle. Regardless if said titles would do good.

But at the same time its a damned shame that they dont consider releasing the older ones on consoles regardless with redesigns made to get them working from a home gaming view, as with how the gameplay and design is quite solid they would have their own little place in the sun.

Luigi87

Woo, my copy finally shipped via FedEx from Nippon Yasan! (or at least they've got the shipment information to pick-up and ship now)
ETA... Thursday... Of course the day AFTER my two days off work.
;_;

FedEx needs to change their uniforms to red. I think it would help...

mcmmaster

Copy arrived this morning and this game is ridiculously fun, skipping uni today was the best decision I ever made lol.

Just added my PSN tag (FireFist45) to the list

Heh, at least you don't need to wait a phone call for the order verification, which will happen between 01:00 am and 10:00 am, because they are based in Hong Kong. ( play-asia )

I ordered $120 in PSN cards from Solaris yesterday and woke up to an e-mail from them asking me to link my Facebook or Neogaf account to them.. haven't heard anything back, and I liked them on Facebook at least. So there is that :/

Before this game, I wasn't getting alot of use out of my Madcatz TE, but now I'm thinking about buying a brand new stick. So far I'm liking Wing Zero TV a lot. Still experimenting with different suits.

Reknoc

furiously refreshing this tracking page. come onnnnnnnnnnn tell me its been delivered already ffffff

edit: YEAAAAAAAAAAA delivered, and 2 days before the estimate.

dwix

furiously refreshing this tracking page. come onnnnnnnnnnn tell me its been delivered already ffffff

edit: YEAAAAAAAAAAA delivered, and 2 days before the estimate.

Hope I have similar results today. Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow but I need it in my veins now!

Was yours delivered by FedEx?

Beckx

Spiegel is good fun and that net has great tracking! I guess just try to incorporate 2b more in your movement to get that fast fall going.

Join us tonight! :O

How late ya'll gonna be on?

Someone give me tips on Agios-F and Eclipse-F. I love how they look but I'm not grokking how to play with them.

Meanwhile, can I have the DLC yet please Bamco?

Defunkled

Just sent friend requests to everyone on the GAF list while the Premium G tracks download.

Also is the season pass supposed to be a download? It didn't prompt me to download anything after I entered my code.

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
Just sent friend requests to everyone on the GAF list while the Premium G tracks download.

Also is the season pass supposed to be a download? It didn't prompt me to download anything after I entered my code.

If you mean the Online Pass, then no, it just needs to be redeemed by your account and that's it.

NCSX update for those ordered with them:

TOYS Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost - New Import
NCS Product Synopsis
Swoop into battle with a wingman and engage Gundam mechs in 2-vs-2 battles from a roster of over 90 robots.

UPS has our shipment on the truck for delivery today but there's a snowstorm in progress in New York City right now and the road's are a slushy mess. We don't anticipate any onerous delays and preorders for the regular and Premium G-Sound Edition of Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost should ship this afternoon.

Top Bottom