• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Shouta

Someone give me tips on Agios-F and Eclipse-F. I love how they look but I'm not grokking how to play with them.

Eclipse-F is your "shooting" version and does not have a single melee at all other than maybe a shoulder tackle, I think (which would be stupid slow). If you're playing it, be ready to keep moving and positioning yourself away from folks that are trying to melee you and provide support fire to your partner. Both the Evolved and Extreme Evolution of the unit has a Main that is Clip-based and can be reloaded after it's used up. So you can shoot the hell out of it. CSa

CSa is solid but gets overshadowed by both the Main and Sub though it does provide a nice Stun ability.

Sub is very good and better than CSa other than damage. It's really helpful for protecting yourself against incoming opponents. You can also cancel into it from Main if you need to conserve boost. Make sure to use it all up because it won't reload until all shots are fired.

Melee shoots missiles. Single missiles are pretty suck and you can't fire your main while using them so not super recommended. The Special Shot version shoots 6 in a formation and while it won't hit a lot of things, it's good enough to provide pressure to force make it easier to hit your main. If it hits them, then all good too, lol.

Extreme Evolution version basically gets a super upgraded version of everything + a gerobi and a one-shot per life CSa. You can also shoot missiles during your main shot now as well making it pretty nice. Missile Cluster can be controlled too. Also the CSa turns into a ball of doom that explodes with a stun effect. Very good, if used properly.

---

Aios-F is the "balanced" type or "Funnel" Type" The Evolved version has a 4 shot funnel and a 2 shot gerobi along with a CSa. So you'll need to be careful with your ammo in this form, make full use of the CSa when possible and it has a stun property to help out.

The Sub funnnels actually have unlimited range from what I can tell, they'll pretty much go after your opponent no matter how far they are, something that other funnel units lack. Gerobi is like Seravee's beam and independent of Aios but it can be hard to hit. It can be canceled from your Main weapon and it'll hit though you'll have to be careful with the timing otherwise it'll miss.

Extreme Evolution version basically gets all of the Evolved version + a bunch of new shit, lol.

Sub Funnels get two types. You can set them around you using Neutral Sub. That acts like Strike Freedom's funnel set. It'll fire when your main does. If you input a direction with sub, it'll shoot out 4 funnels and they'll teleport to your opponent before firing.

Special Shot is a gerobi that has a projectile barrier, fairly standard.

N Special Melee throws out a boomerang for you (though it sucks really). Input a direction with Special Melee will create a fence near your opponent.

Both Aios have melee so you can smack them if need be. Make sure to use CSa because the ammo for even the Extreme Evolution is still low so you'll be running short on your weapons if you're just tossing stuff out.

baekshi

Banned
Yayyy....USPS made delivery this morning according to my tracker. ITS HERE!!! BUT IM NOT THERE

Can't want to play tonight omg

Tayaya

I just got my shipping notification from NCSX! Can't wait to try this out towards the end of the week with you guys!

NEO0MJ

So, how long does Play Asia take to deliver with free shipping? I'm starting to regret it, seeing all of you getting your orders early :(

baekshi

Banned
Just got home and its here!

February 3, 2014 , 12:40 pm
Delivered
NEW YORK, NY 10001
February 3, 2014 , 11:02 am
Out for Delivery
NEW YORK, NY 10001

Yeah I juat figured it out lol. They give ya a bunch of codes for some stuff I dont know wtf for
It was pretty simple for me to figure out. The premium sounds are on the sheet with G sound logo on it and on online pass other side of it.

KkmDptc.jpg

I can't figure out how to set custom BGMs from an USB stick at all. They need to think about us gaijin and release an english menus DLC or something, they'd love the money.

Luigi87

Just got home and its here!

February 3, 2014 , 12:40 pm
Delivered
NEW YORK, NY 10001
February 3, 2014 , 11:02 am
Out for Delivery
NEW YORK, NY 10001

It was pretty simple for me to figure out. The premium sounds are on the sheet with G sound logo on it and on online pass other side of it.

So jealous...
*stares at FedEx page* Information delivered today, but not shipping until tomorrow =(

My $120 worth of JP PSN codes arrived from Solaris this evening. I'm at class right now, gonna download everything later tonight when I get home :D

baekshi

Banned
Isn't it $70 everywhere? Plus Amiami is now blocked for me so I can't use it anymore.
play asia
$77
$140

Cdjapan
$73.51
$101.14

amiami

nippon-yasan
$66.40
$94.81

whatever that play asia offers you with free shipping takes forever and on other sites with shipping the price will come around the same with faster shipping .

if anyone has sites with better prices, I wouldn't mind knowing more!

Alric

play asia
$77
$140

Cdjapan
$73.51
$101.14

amiami

nippon-yasan
$66.40
$94.81

whatever that play asia offers you with free shipping takes forever and on other sites with shipping the price will come around the same with faster shipping .

Have you tried NCSX? They are located in New York. I live in NJ and have gotten my packages the following day ordering from there.

AZUMIKE

Hows the local split-screen in Full Boost? Less lag then EXVS? More lag? Basically equivalent? I've heard mixed things...

Beckx

Hows the local split-screen in Full Boost? Less lag then EXVS? More lag? Basically equivalent? I've heard mixed things...

I've found FPS in local co-op to be totally stage dependent. Stages without a lot going on are fine. Busy stages will see fps hits when a lot is going on.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

Comparable for standard matches. Some of the missions where there are a bunch of MS on screen it gets awful though

play asia
$77
$140

Cdjapan
$73.51
$101.14

amiami

nippon-yasan
$66.40
$94.81

I switched from PA to Nippon-yasan and they have been great! My package was shipped on Friday and arrive today.

I'll be playing soon, probably on my US PSN account. I'm shit at fighting games and probably will be shit at this game too so platinum trophy is never my concern.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I switched from PA to Nippon-yasan and they have been great! My package was shipped on Friday and arrive today.

I'll be playing soon, probably on my US PSN account. I'm shit at fighting games and probably will be shit at this game too so platinum trophy is never my concern.

If you plan on playing online though dont think you will be able to from a USPSN Acct. Reason being is you need a JPSN acct to activate the online code.

Luigi87

I wonder how they work out their shipments. Mine from Nippon Yasan only got the information sent to FedEx today, and won't ship out until tomorrow.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Damn really!? Goddamn online code. JP it is then.

Yeah its in the OT.

---

Donkey Show as a side note, perhaps you should make one other banner or something telling folks about the Online Pass + JPSN account requirement and have it higher up in the OT itself. As its a pretty crucial piece of information.

Or at least a simple banner near the top stating JPSN required for online play and leave the other section where it is.

TehWhite

Neo Member
Welp going to work in this terrible snow blizzard thingy bummed me out but I got home and my gundams game came in the mail . ;-) . Also on Friday night my ps3 magically started working again *kanye shrug* . Will prb try it out before bed.

Top Bottom