• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

luka

Loves Robotech S1
jumped into a few random player matches and won my first 3 games with the plain old rx-78 because i forgot to change it beforehand.

not a bad start! :)

I don't speak moon, does this mean I'm getting kicked? I get this like 4 in every 5 rooms I join.
1kkeieg.jpg

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
That sucks, I wish I knew why. Probably my connection, which is silly since lag in this game is pretty much nonexistent even with a red bar.

Some folks are just like that. Others will do it because people playing with them dont match their skill level, etc. All sorts of reasons.

Dont let it bother you too much. It happens. :)

Some folks are just like that. Others will do it because people playing with them dont match their skill level, etc. All sorts of reasons.

The real shame is I win a lot of the matches I play
except when I play with Tyrant Rave, he's bad luck

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

It's important to mention, that you can set a connection quality limit in room settings (it's off by default).
From what I've heard it doesn't kick in when you join, but checks your connection after some time, which leads to weird kicks.

No idea if it was the reason here.

It's important to mention, that you can set a connection quality limit in room settings (it's off by default).
From what I've heard it doesn't kick in when you join, but checks your connection after some time, which leads to weird kicks.

No idea if it was the reason here.

I've had a few rooms where it won't let me ready up after I join, then a red bar with some text pops up on the side and I get kicked. It's hella annoying, I wish it would just hide the match. Or better yet, some people should accept that when you're playing an import game you aren't going to be getting full bar connections all the time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've had a few rooms where it won't let me ready up after I join, then a red bar with some text pops up on the side and I get kicked. It's hella annoying, I wish it would just hide the match. Or better yet, some people should accept that when you're playing an import game you aren't going to be getting full bar connections all the time.
To be honest, if one person has an extremely bad connection, the matches are unplayable - 10 second long lags ect.
Can't blame people for wanting to have a pleasant experience, I guess.

Parakeetman

To be honest, if one person has an extremely bad connection, the matches are unplayable - 10 second long lags ect.

Funny thing is when playing with the Gaf crew seems perfectly fine considering the shit connection bars that we are seeing. The real real bad folks must be on a modem or something as this game seems to have fairly decent netcode

Outside of the oddities of not being able to join certain people, but they can join you etc.

Idk, my friends and I have never gotten a bit of lag in this or in EXVS despite what the bars show.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Funny thing is when playing with the Gaf crew seems perfectly fine considering the shit connection bars that we are seeing. The real real bad folks must be on a modem or something as this game seems to have fairly decent netcode

Outside of the oddities of not being able to join certain people, but they can join you etc.
Common Writer's connection was broken for a few days during which we tried playing, but the lags were too extreme. After he fixed, everything is back to normal.

But yeah, I can play with Gaffers who have red bars without any noticeable delays.

Well I finally got into a room after trying for like forty five minutes of trying and completely lost the will to play. Two times I got worked with Kshatriya, then once with Tallgeese, so I busted out Efreet for the first time online and actually did pretty darn good... Then I switched back to Kshatriya and the host left ;-;

Anyone try Shin's Zaku yet?

Vid's still processing, but did a really crappy quick look of Quatre Wing Zero & Shin's Zaku II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KEP5d_yru4

There ya go. I think he has better options than Johnny. Also, dat background change.

Turned it off after 30 seconds. For the first 25 I was in denial refusing to believe that I was hearing what I was hearing.

Let Meer in.

Meer_campbell_GSD.jpg

Parakeetman

There ya go. I think he has better options than Johnny. Also, dat background change.

You know to break things up a bit kinda wished that they gave him his special Gelgoog Jäger instead. Seeing how similar the unit is to JR... D: Would have come with a beam sniper rifle. Even as much as I still think the zaku is cool, but the moveset... D:

Thanks!

Are you even capable of not choosing the most amazing music for everything ever?

You know to break things up a bit kinda wished that they gave him his special Gelgoog Jäger instead. Seeing how similar the unit is to JR... D: Would have come with a beam sniper rifle. Even as much as I still think the zaku is cool, but the moveset... D:
Yeah, another machinegun Zaku with grenades and a bazooka is disappointing.

I'm saving my digital yen this time.

Bombless

I'm going to choke a postman. They came by today, didn't ring. They just tossed the "Missed delivery" slip in my mailbox. They didn't even bother to put the fucking time of passage on the note, just left it in like that.

*sigh* I'll get it from the post office tomorrow. Fuckers.

Luigi87

x_x snow storm heading to my area, so this may possibly delay my copy reaching me... WHY

On the upside, my MG Hi-Nu kit is ready for shipping, but... The shipping cost was significantly higher than I expected... Now I should hold off on spending more, and I was kind of ready to purchase some points to buy Quatre in Wing Zero TV... (I still might <_< -- that laugh)

Edit: Holy crow, my copy just arrived in the FedEx center just outside my city! Yes!

Edit2: Out for delivery!!

Itsuki

Arrived today:
6BKNbku.jpg

I'll be online today but I need some practice because the last time that I played a game of the series was when it was still called Gundam vs Gundam.

dwix

So I need some serious help from a good player on how to dodge incoming attacks and live longer. I can learn the hard way tonight, hopefully, but can someone share some basic tips or rules of thumb?

Arrived today:
6BKNbku.jpg

I'll be online today but I need some practice because the last time that I played a game of the series was when it was still called Gundam vs Gundam.

Yay! Don't forget to jump into the IRC on Espernet #gafgundam when you get a chance as we set up games and stuff there. We'll give you pointers along the way as well more directly here too. :)

So I need some serious help from a good player on how to dodge incoming attacks and live longer. I can learn the hard way tonight, hopefully, but can someone share some basic tips or rules of thumb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=84

Covers a majority of the fundamentals for movement and whatnot and applies to Full Boost. You just have more momentum in this game than the original.

Dragoshi1

Hey guys, is this game non-japanese reader friendly?

My brother wants this game, and I imported Gundam Breaker for him to play, and that game had tons of english, and was mostly straight forward and easy to understand.

So is it easy to navigate menus and the different game modes and such?

Hey guys, is this game non-japanese reader friendly?

My brother wants this game, and I imported Gundam Breaker for him to play, and that game had tons of english, and was mostly straight forward and easy to understand.

So is it easy to navigate menus and the different game modes and such?

From the OT:

Do I need to know Japanese to know how to play?
Nope. The game is very playable without the knowledge of any Japanese. The main screen is generally in English anyway and people will begin to translate mission mode requirements as the game comes out. Aside from that, it's not that hard to navigate through the menus.​

Like any fighting game really, it isn't hard to get around. Very straightforward. Plus there have already been menu translations for everything.

Dragoshi1

From the OT:

Like any fighting game really, it isn't hard to get around. Very straightforward. Plus there have already been menu translations for everything.

Cool, then it sounds just like Gundam Breaker's menus and stuff in a way, cool.

LaGOWE is in the game, so I'm excited for our copy.

dwix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=84

Covers a majority of the fundamentals for movement and whatnot and applies to Full Boost. You just have more momentum in this game than the original.

I rarely ever even think of side-stepping, clearly I need to get in the habit of doing that.

Overall, I feel like I'm just not making good decisions about when to use evasive maneuvers. Maybe that just comes with practice and pain ;)

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
Common Writer's connection was broken for a few days during which we tried playing, but the lags were too extreme. After he fixed, everything is back to normal.

But yeah, I can play with Gaffers who have red bars without any noticeable delays.

Oh man, that lag was too extreme. Turns out that sharing a laptop's connection through a wire, with the router on the other side of two thick walls, doesn't really work.

I rarely ever even think of side-stepping, clearly I need to get in the habit of doing that.

Overall, I feel like I'm just not making good decisions about when to use evasive maneuvers. Maybe that just comes with practice and pain ;)

Yeah, it's just something you have to force yourself to do. ^^

Beckx

This is the best time to jump in, a lot of us are in the same boat. I can do all of it in training mode or against CPUs, but as soon as I'm in player matches it's TOTAL PANIC MASH MODE. I feel like it's getting better with time though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Helped audio unlock all online FB skills, which was fun.
Too bad that the score on the right maxes at 99999
J9DruPm.jpg

After that we've tried route C-EX in the online arcade mode and failed terribly, lol.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah something I want to do when I get a big block of time is just go into cpu matches and just practice evading.

There's so many options to not get hit but I feel like I just rely on boost dashing. Inefficient use of the maneuver on top of that so it seems like opponents are having and easy time punishing me

dwix

This is the best time to jump in, a lot of us are in the same boat. I can do all of it in training mode or against CPUs, but as soon as I'm in player matches it's TOTAL PANIC MASH MODE. I feel like it's getting better with time though.

Haha, I am absolutely doing this. We shall conquer mash mode together!

Dammit, i want my copy before it's too late to download the dlc. I just hope it doesn't land at the custom :(

Are you talking about Ex-S? As long as you have a physical first pressing, you'll have a download code for it that doesn't expire. It's only the digital version of the game that will not allow you to get Ex-S after the 28th of this month.

Luigi87

Okay, so I seem to be having difficulty entering my online pass?
I definitely got the JP version as per my picture above. I click on Player Match and it prompts for a code... It's the other 12 character code that's in the insert that the Ex-S code is on, right?

Okay, so I seem to be having difficulty entering my online pass?
I definitely got the JP version as per my picture above. I click on Player Match and it prompts for a code... It's the other 12 character code that's in the insert that the Ex-S code is on, right?

PACKAGE VERSION:
The first time you attempt to connect to any of the game's online modes, the game will ask for your product code. When this happens, please reference the included Online Pass ticket that came inside the game package and enter the code on the ticket.

I suppose? I don't have a physical copy.

Top Bottom