• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Luigi87

Erm, nevermind.
There was another insert flipped upside that I didn't see (white blending into the back of the case)

I have no idea what the serial code I was trying to enter was, since I can't read this, lol

Added myself to the Google Docs list. Fresh Gundam fan here - recently, I've had an occasion to check out Next PLUS, thought it had a lot of potential, saw some shows and decided to take a plunge on Full Boost. Still using Amuro's suit, learning the fundamentals - hopefully I'll see some of you online!

NEO0MJ

Finally made an alt. JP account and added my name to the list! If all goes well I'll have the game in a couple of days!

Luigi87

Went through Arcade once. I suck, lol
Game is so much smoother than online videos show.

Really trying to get side-stepping right, but I really fail at it. Am getting used to rainbowsteps though.

Definitely enjoying it, but also a bit sore (snowstorm in my area, so shoveling a lot).
I kept making the mistake for some reason if hitting my Search button when I meant to melee at first.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah I see that now, problem is that I would need a 10000 yen card instead of a 6000 one. I assume I can't just directly use a debit card right?

Unfortunately that is correct. Reason being is that unless your CC was made (registered) in Japan it does not seem to take "foreign" cards. An issue that has irked me for some time now.

Man I'm doing absolutely terrible today. It feels like I've somehow regressed since last night which is pretty awful, since last night is the first time I touched this game.

Man I'm doing absolutely terrible today. It feels like I've somehow regressed since last night which is pretty awful, since last night is the first time I touched this game.
You playing against AI or people?

I was the untouchable shadow of the Red Comet himself during the day but when I went back in the evening I couldn't do anything right. I could have probably survived longer just by standing still at the spawn.

Parakeetman

You playing against AI or people?

I was the untouchable shadow of the Red Comet himself during the day but when I went back in the evening I couldn't do anything right. I could have probably survived longer just by standing still at the spawn.

Its kinda funny how in online play, you would be surprised how many people dont actually fuck with you if you are standing still at the spawn for a while lol.

That happens, I've probably played about 200 matches with Tallgeese and I still have nights where I just can't use him to save my life, literally. I usually keep switching mechs until I start feeling one again, if I can't find one I take a break because there's no point in getting frustrated at constantly being destroyed.

Its kinda funny how in online play, you would be surprised how many people dont actually fuck with you if you are standing still at the spawn for a while lol.

I definitely don't go for anyone that's just standing still or even who's just hanging out not being hostile. I'm basically Jesus Yamato!

Good to hear that I can expect that from others as well.

Parakeetman

I definitely don't go for anyone that's just standing still or even who's just hanging out not being hostile. I'm basically Jesus Yamato!

If a room isnt totally full, most folks either just sit there or go boosting around the map and dont attack each other.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I hit people that don't move

play 2 win

and lose anyway :(

Luigi87

And I just bought 1000yen card to spend on DLC
... I'm weak!
Units, HUD, Navi... which oh which...

Edit: Also watching the stream is reminding me of the fundamental that I keep forgetting to practice (which I need to get used), which is returning the stick to neutral to tap jump after a boost.

Parakeetman

And I just bought 1000yen card to spend on DLC
... I'm weak!
Units, HUD, Navi... which oh which...

Edit: Also watching the stream is reminding me of the fundamental that I keep forgetting to practice (which I need to get used), which is returning the stick to neutral to tap jump after a boost.

Units, hold off on the Navis till more are released unless you like buyers regret lol

stanley1993

Neo Member
just got the game! im having a tough time with game setup. is there a tutorial? i have premium g. im trying to unlock songs, pre order ms, and free dlc.

update: i think i got multiplayer done thanks to donkey show

Itsuki

I've been playing and I'm getting better (I'm now familiar with the controls) but I still think that I'm bad.
So far, I've been playing with AI. Also, when I first played the game I took 5 minutes choosing a MS. I'm only using units with 2000 and 2500 of cost because I don't think that I'm ready to use the 3000 cost units.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Some of the new HUDs are nice, since they are doing something more than just playing with colour sliders and adding a logo.
I'm still waiting for the Gunpla one though.

Feldt navi was well worth it. Not really interested in the dlc suits.
Except Goddess Clyne obviously.
I still bought the new ones

stanley1993

Neo Member
If anyone knows how or has been able to unlock all the content from a physical copy of premium g, can they please pm me? I got multiplayer unlocked but can't seem to find free dlc area, or the premium g music download area, or the pre-order MS area. O_O

Luigi87

If anyone knows how or has been able to unlock all the content from a physical copy of premium g, can they please pm me? I got multiplayer unlocked but can't seem to find free dlc area, or the premium g music download area, or the pre-order MS area. O_O

I'm not sure about the Premium G BGM, since I don't have it, but Ex-S, enter your code in the PlayStation Store. Searching Gundam should also enable you to find the free units that are available to download.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

Did you redeem all the codes on psn

stanley1993

Neo Member
I'm not sure about the Premium G BGM, since I don't have it, but Ex-S, enter your code in the PlayStation Store. Searching Gundam should also enable you to find the free units that are available to download.

Thank you. So I was able to download Lacus and the Zaku but I don't understand what you mean when you say enter your code in the playstation store. Where in the playstation store? I tried searching gundam but nothing was found from what I saw.

Luigi87

And now I can't even play this. New firmware update has put my system into an endless update loop (for the second time...)

Now I need to remember how I fixed this last time...

1emons

Neo Member
So the game arrived today...how do I download the free units (January 30th ones) and HUD DLC (Premium G)?
The free DLC units are on this page

i should have already installed the premium g music but it isn't showing in the game...

donkey posted this earlier in the thread

You select a song you want to replace, press circle to bring up the song, press circle again to bring up a menu with songs you can replace with, the second selection in that menu should be premium g, press circle on it and pick the song you want to add.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Grr. I can't gundam tonight. The few US rooms die or disappear, get kicked from JP rooms because 3bar, can't join gaffers because full, connection errors, etc.

An hour of this and no play. GRR.

Top Bottom