• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

I ordered $120 in PSN cards from Solaris yesterday and woke up to an e-mail from them asking me to link my Facebook or Neogaf account to them.. haven't heard anything back, and I liked them on Facebook at least. So there is that :/

Took about 18 hours to get my points cards from Solaris, well under the 24 hours they state it will take on their site.

baekshi

Banned
Have you tried NCSX? They are located in New York. I live in NJ and have gotten my packages the following day ordering from there.

What shipping do you use?

so is the play asia 21 days accurate or will I get it quickly ?

This is pretty accurate - It can take as much as that or more. It really depends when they ship it and where it goes for processing.

Going to be online this weekend - played a bit today offline.

Took about 18 hours to get my points cards from Solaris, well under the 24 hours they state it will take on their site.

Yeah.. admittedly I missed some details and forgot to include my neogaf name and other details... I was tired last night when I ordered it -_-

But! I am in the middle of downloading the Premium G version, so hopefully it'll be done by the morning :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mostly evade honestly. Guarding is for when you can't possibly evade or you're showing off.

Vice

I ordered $120 in PSN cards from Solaris yesterday and woke up to an e-mail from them asking me to link my Facebook or Neogaf account to them.. haven't heard anything back, and I liked them on Facebook at least. So there is that :/

Is buying this game through Japanese PSN difficult. I want to play this game and can't decide whether to make a JPN PSN account or to just order it from Play-Asia.

Donkey Show as a side note, perhaps you should make one other banner or something telling folks about the Online Pass + JPSN account requirement and have it higher up in the OT itself. As its a pretty crucial piece of information.

Or at least a simple banner near the top stating JPSN required for online play and leave the other section where it is.

Yup, was planning on making a separate banner for it. Will do later, on top of updating a couple things in the game.

Is there a "skip track" button? White Reflection is a great song the first 40 times....

You could always replace it in the custom BGM, but no skip track button. Or stop playing with Wing EW suits. :O

Is there really a lot of lag in split screen? That's putting me a bit off from buying it.

Yarp, from what I've played with my gf, sub-30 on average fo sho. Playable for putzing around in, but meh.

Astery

Bought this today as a long series fan, beat arcade mode right away and..there's no unlock able units? Please tell me there's something?

ktynn

Banned
I was thinking of getting this game but had to choose between this and Sengoku Basara 4. I'm still curious to find out how this Gundam game plays and feels but from what i've seen on youtube it looks hardcore as fuck.

Soooo..

As someone who enjoy's importing games, does not like hardcore fighting games, but does love mecha's and gundam... should i get this game or wait/import the latest gundam musou game?

Luigi87

My est. delivery got bumped from Thursday to Tomorrow.
*rocks back and forth* Please, please, please!

And dang, unrelated but I had the MG Hi-Nu kit on order at AmiAmi, but it was backordered, so I added the backordered wet apply decals to the order... Then the kit came back in stock, but the decals didn't, now the kit is backordered again @_@

Also damn about the local split-screen fps. Having not played a split-screen game in ages, I forgot that happens. Guess I'll have to show my friend (aside from the videos I've been linking him) how it plays normal as well when I get mine, in hopes that I can persuade him to one day pick this up.

As someone who enjoy's importing games, does not like hardcore fighting games, but does love mecha's and gundam... should i get this game or wait/import the latest gundam musou game?

For someone who doesn't like fighting games and would prefer a stronger single player experience, you would probably enjoy Gundam Musou more.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was thinking of getting this game but had to choose between this and Sengoku Basara 4. I'm still curious to find out how this Gundam game plays and feels but from what i've seen on youtube it looks hardcore as fuck.

Soooo..

musou most def.

or you could get gundam breaker

If you're anything like me you'll love the heck out of this game. I mean, I play fighting games but I'm not particularly good at them and don't really feel like learning them as well. Full Boost however instantly bit its fangs into me and won't let go.

But I really dislike musou games. I think if you join us in multiplayer you'll have a ton of fun.

NEO0MJ

Get Extreme VS,game isn't really that hard to grasp. There are no long combos or difficult mechanics to grasp, just quick reflexes, experience and clever playing. Once you get a hold of it you'll understand.

ktynn

Banned
k thanks for all this great feedback guys; i'll wait / sit this one out - would seem a waste of cash for me personally, cos i don't think i'll get into it as much as i'd want or expect myself to; looking forward to lightning returns anyway which releases soon! ^^

peace

Playing with gundamgaf is so much damn fun.

jMS8EZfInsTKy.jpg

andymcc

Banned
i've been doing ok in random japanese play matches, the ones that don't lag out anyways, and i'm feeling comfortable enough for some GAF Gundam Fights. I'll be free tomorrow evening so hopefully I can show you the terror of Gyan.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It took me a while, but I've finally cleared all the offline missions on all difficulty levels! Now to do the same for the rest of the arcade routes and offline missions...

I've also started playing Strike Noir, which is surprisingly awesome. Dem two guns, pulling an enemy to you and all the other shenanigans.

Shouta

Bought this today as a long series fan, beat arcade mode right away and..there's no unlock able units? Please tell me there's something?

There aren't any unlockable units. There weren't any in EXVS either so you get the full cast right away, lol. It's a big ass cast though. The arcade version had time-released units but those are all included in this.

Got my Premium G version and installed last night, started going through Mission mode too. No visual map is terrible but the missions seem up to par as always. They also have difficulty settings for each map which is nice. It's weird they have you unlock skills by defeating certain difficulties on a spread of maps though.

It's kind of stupid that you can't reset your unit's skill layout apparently. You have a max of level 100 (each skill has a max of level 10) so you can max your unit out ridiculously quick.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It took me a while, but I've finally cleared all the offline missions on all difficulty levels! Now to do the same for the rest of the arcade routes and offline missions...

I've also started playing Strike Noir, which is surprisingly awesome. Dem two guns, pulling an enemy to you and all the other shenanigans.
The higher difficulty mission in online mode with a cpu parter are incredibly annoying becuase the AI sucks so much (even when using one of your leveled suits). I still have 2 skills left to unlock due to that :(

EDIT: Shouta, there is a Level "infinity" that allows to max everything, and gets unlocked after you get to MAX level and have the figure for the suit

We're supposed to get some Maxi Boost suits as dlc down the road right?
Also what are some good youtube/nico channels to watch some vids?
The only one I know of is A-cho.

Shouta

The higher difficulty mission in online mode with a cpu parter are incredibly annoying becuase the AI sucks so much (even when using one of your leveled suits). I still have 2 skills left to unlock due to that :(

EDIT: Shouta, there is a Level "infinity" that allows to max everything, and gets unlocked after you get to MAX level and have the figure for the suit

Ah, that explains it. Good thing I spent that sleepy hour getting Acquired SP up last night then.

Really? I thought he got hit with nerfs in the final build. Thanks for the info donkey.

You're right, it DID get hit with nerfs throughout the patches following its arcade unlock. The Banshee underwent the same treatment, if I recall, and yet, both are still at the top of their respective classes.

Astarte

Yes, the fps halves everytime you add another screen. Watching a replay with 4x screens really felt lower than 20fps.

Yarp, from what I've played with my gf, sub-30 on average fo sho. Playable for putzing around in, but meh.

There's a fair amount of frame rate drops when things get busy. We play a lot of split screen here and everyone says it's slightly worse than EXVS.

Yikes. At least it's playable, but man I'm gonna get a lot of complaining from one of my "master race" friends.

Top Bottom