• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Shush, those must come to Full Boost!

Gonna shit a kitten if they dont. Seriously.

Agree with the others who said Zaku Amazing < Kämpfer Amazing.

But those snub nose revolvers the ZA has is pretty badass. And am disappointed the KA didnt have a shotgun D:

Parakeetman

Fuck this mission. Had to use L60 Unicorn just to beat it on Easy.

Im getting my ass kicked on the one that is 2 Epyons, 2 Cherudims and then finally in boost mode right when they arrive the God and Exia I think... I keep running out of time D:

Might have to do the same and used a maxed out unit instead.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some of the design choices are amazing... just like not being able to field all the songs at once. :/
Like having to invite someone each time you want to do an online FB mission?
Top notch design right there.

This game has a room system, you know. :(

Played some random Team Shuffle matches this morning, it was my first time playing online. I can already see I've developed some bad play style habits from playing the computer. I get opened up a lot against real opponents but I had a lot of fun. Not sure if I was playing with any of gundamgaf

Question: What are my options if my opponent is using rainbow step at point blank range while I'm recovering? I got caught by that a few times.

Question: What are my options if my opponent is using rainbow step at point blank range while I'm recovering? I got caught by that a few times.

Use any attack/ability that gives you movement or will come out faster than opponents melee.

Use boost to dash away or beat the opponents melee with your own rainbow steps.

If you are out of boost and are in landing recovery, well you are just out of luck and your only hope is that your partner will save you.

matmanx1

Went through Arcade Route B last night with Johnny Ridden's Zaku II. Awesome agility on that suit but a little bit less firepower than I like, overall.

What's the best way to use his spinning move? It seems like it's useful as an evasion maneuver but also a way to cover ground quickly without using boost. A few times I was able to chain together a couple of offensive moves with a spin in the middle for a nice looking overall maneuver but it was pure luck.

Also, the Extreme Gundam who rides around on the Pegasus horse is very cheap!

Use any attack/ability that gives you movement or will come out faster than opponents melee.

Use boost to dash away or beat the opponents melee with your own rainbow steps.

If you are out of boost and are in landing recovery, well you are just out of luck and your only hope is that your partner will save you.

Ah, I'll try boosting away next time. I just need to work on reacting to it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
This mission where you have to fight both Quatra and Hiro is killing me.

Crossbone was worthless, Hi-Nu is doing a little better

Fuck this mission. Had to use L60 Unicorn just to beat it on Easy.

Im getting my ass kicked on the one that is 2 Epyons, 2 Cherudims and then finally in boost mode right when they arrive the God and Exia I think... I keep running out of time D:

Might have to do the same and used a maxed out unit instead.

The offline missions are easy (even on extreme), just level up the suits as getting to MAX and Infinity is pretty fast to do. The easiest way to do that is get the SP bonus skill and level that one up (level 6 gives 2x SP, MAX gives 4x!), then play a couple of the easier online missions and you'll have more points than you'll ever need

Beckx

I need some sleep from Gundaming so much the past couple of days. But who am I kidding really. XD

Tell your boss you have Fellini Fingers.

ibrMERlsFCUvlM.png

Luigi87

Finally sent a lot of friend requests to GundamGAF!
But now I have to do errands, so embarrassing myself will have to wait.

stanley1993

Neo Member
Nice games. Im not too sure who I fought other than Bev but those were fun games. I was ProtoZERO. I don’t understand the online portion. If there is a full room of 12 how does one choose to fight a certain group of people? I press circle for most of the menus. When I’m in a random room, I am never sure if some of the players even want me to join in.

Nice games. Im not too sure who I fought other than Bev but those were fun games. I was ProtoZERO. I don’t understand the online portion. If there is a full room of 12 how does one choose to fight a certain group of people? I press circle for most of the menus. When I’m in a random room, I am never sure if some of the players even want me to join in.

Unless you're in a team hold room where you can choose what team you want to stay in, a group of 4 players are randomly selected from the room to play together if they are not already in a match.

stanley1993

Neo Member
How do you quit from an online game? I play games after games sometimes without seeing the lobby. i just had to quit a game by pressing the home button.

stanley1993

Neo Member
Lol^^
Is there a neogaf group that plays ranked matches? I was trying to get a few random matches started but was only able to play one.

I don't speak moon, does this mean I'm getting kicked? I get this like 4 in every 5 rooms I join.

It sucks that even today we don't have a way to play reliably with people from the other side of the world.

Has anybody had any luck playing with Japanese players (Obviously the vast majority of players), or is it pretty much relegated to fellow gaffers?

Will an online pass be worth purchasing? (Either way, I have the 1000 yen card ready)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAFGundam plays regularly with ponpo, straight out of glorious nihongo land.

GAFGundam plays regularly with ponpo, straight out of glorious nihongo land.

You know that has to be laggy as all fuck. I can't even play with people from Mexico on Street Fighter without the game almost crashing. Although, this game hopefully has better netcode.

Spanish-Speaking hatemail is pretty common. It's the username. lol If you guys want games, do the standard Japanese username: "Nomura10083747" "Komuro84857" "Takeda1103847"

Haly

You know that has to be laggy as all fuck. I can't even play with people from Mexico on Street Fighter without the game almost crashing.

It's not that bad. Certainly, the game feels slower, but as long as you're not on 5 mbps, on wireless, or in Europe, the game runs smoothly enough for everyone.

When DonkeyShow hosts from the UK though, it can get pretty laggy but that clears after a few seconds.

Rhapsody

Banned
Haven't had much time to play, but I'm starting to get the hang of this game. Today was mostly the CPU, but it was mostly to get movement down.
Now managing my boost isn't as awkward now.

I'm still bad at knowing how to handle an opponent that's about to melee me.
It sucks that even today we don't have a way to play reliably with people from the other side of the world.

Has anybody had any luck playing with Japanese players (Obviously the vast majority of players), or is it pretty much relegated to fellow gaffers?

Will an online pass be worth purchasing? (Either way, I have the 1000 yen card ready)
I'm in SoCal and play with my friend who's in Japan. Had other Japanese players enter the lobby and it still felt like local play besides a rare lag spike here or there. Granted I'm not completely used to the game, but it's definitely much better than other fighters with netplay.

I actually play with way more Japanese people than USA/EU players. Japanese players don't seem quite as keen on kicking me as soon as I join.

I actually play with way more Japanese people than USA/EU players. Japanese players don't seem quite as keen on kicking me as soon as I join.

I don't know how it works on Gundam, but in SF, I had a US account even though I was living in Tokyo. So, they presumed that my connection was just awful. (don't blame them, a little lag can ruin SF) It's more their culture to just wait for you to leave on your own then kick you out, in my experiences.

What probably helps keeping you from getting booted is that they presume your account is Japanese, so they have no expectations of dreadful lag.

Haly

No, there's like, an indicator like a cell phone reception. More bars = better connection, less bars = LAG. You will be kicked from JP rooms if you dont have enough bars. Or so they say.

It's all about the bars.

No, there's like, an indicator like a cell phone reception. More bars = better connection, less bars = LAG. You will be kicked from JP rooms if you dont have enough bars. Or so they say.

It's all about the bars.

Yeah, that's how it is in SF. The only difference is, of course, that they can see you are from a foreign country. (Flag Icon)

Parakeetman

You know that has to be laggy as all fuck. I can't even play with people from Mexico on Street Fighter without the game almost crashing. Although, this game hopefully has better netcode.

Spanish-Speaking hatemail is pretty common. It's the username. lol If you guys want games, do the standard Japanese username: "Nomura10083747" "Komuro84857" "Takeda1103847"

Game runs pretty damned good. Even when I finally managed to connect to Donkey Show in the UK from Japan. Connected to the US also and while it may show up as red, game seems to play just fine.

Finalow

I'm very inclined to buy this game, also great op.
but this sucks.
Yes, this game does feature an online pass in order to access all the online features. This pass is also apparently region locked, so you will have to use a Japanese PSN account in order to play online.
( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

I'm not late to the party and everyone is still playing, right? ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

NEO0MJ

This just arrived in the mail today :D

12384150645_ca07399b07_b.jpg

Time for me to prove I'm the best...at being the worst. I'll have to sit down and read the changes first before playing, though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I finally got it guys. Do some people want to add me? My PSN is Japaman90

I downloaded the 1.7 gigs worth of songs but I don't see it show up. Did I do somethign wrong?

I finally got it guys. Do some people want to add me? My PSN is Japaman90

I downloaded the 1.7 gigs worth of songs but I don't see it show up. Did I do somethign wrong?
Make sure you install them if you didn't do so already, and you replace the songs in the BGM menu under one of the briefing room options.

Top Bottom