• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

matmanx1

I'm finally starting to understand the Mission structure. Replaying the same mission at different difficulty levels causes different things to happen. Sometimes you unlock a skill, sometimes you unlock a collectible and sometimes you get a nice SP bonus.

It was especially surprising to unlock a new skill at the "Easy" level of one of the missions that was not unlocked by clearing "Normal", "Hard" or "Extreme". You pretty much will want to clear the same mission on all 4 difficulties to get all of the available rewards.

I'm finally starting to understand the Mission structure. Replaying the same mission at different difficulty levels causes different things to happen. Sometimes you unlock a skill, sometimes you unlock a collectible and sometimes you get a nice SP bonus.

It was especially surprising to unlock a new skill at the "Easy" level of one of the missions that was not unlocked by clearing "Normal", "Hard" or "Extreme". You pretty much will want to clear the same mission on all 4 difficulties to get all of the available rewards.

I didn't realize that but it's good to know! I've been doing all the difficulties out of habit anyway.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Make sure you install them if you didn't do so already, and you replace the songs in the BGM menu under one of the briefing room options.

How do I replace it? I've definitely installed it but I'm not sure how to replace them.

NVM. I figured it out. Sucks that you can't just keep adding songs and you can only replace them.

How do I replace it? I've definitely installed it but I'm not sure how to replace them.
At the BGM menu I think you hit square or circle on the track you want to replace, then a you get option of picking from custom soundtrack or premium G. Then you choose your song.

1emons

Neo Member

donkey posted this earlier in the thread
You select a song you want to replace, press circle to bring up the song, press circle again to bring up a menu with songs you can replace with, the second selection in that menu should be premium g, press circle on it and pick the song you want to add.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
@Matman, Rider:
For those interested, here is the [Google] translated FB mission mode skill list

Preobtained:
  • Durability Up
  • Ranged Beam Attack Up
  • Melee Attack Up (Player)
  • EX Gauge Performance Up (Player)
Obtained in misson
  • 13 Easy: Ally Damage Reduction
  • 14 Easy: Boost Consumption Reduced
  • 14 Extreme: Live Ammo Attack Up
  • 16 Extreme: Blast Burst Time Extension
  • 17 Extreme: "Underlying Strength" Attack Up (aka "Guts mode")
  • 23 Hard: EX Gauge+ (Player)
  • 27 Normal: Live Ammo Defense Up
  • 31 Hard: EX Gauge+ (Team)
  • 32 Hard: Assault Burst Time Extension
  • 33 Easy: Shoot & Melee Power Up
  • 36 Extreme: Durability Recovery (Player)
  • 38 Easy: Boost Gauge Increase
  • 40 Hard: SP Increase
  • 41 Hard: Ranged Beam Defense Up
  • 43 Normal: Ranged Defense Up
  • 43 Extreme: Barrier Strength Up
  • 44 Hard: Ranged Attack Up

EDIT: @RiderKairuu, yes you do, there should be a code to redeem and download
Well, I was missing some skills because the Online Mission mode has some skills as rewards as well. There is one that I don't have the faintest idea what it means:

Obtained in ONLINE mission
  • 03 Extreme: Durability Recovery (Team)
  • 04 Extreme: EX Gauge Performance Up (Team)
  • 05 Hard: EX Burst Time Extension (Team)
  • 06 Extreme: Melee Attack Up (Team)
  • 11 Hard: Boost Cancel Consumption Down
  • 17 Hard: EX Burst +
  • 17 Extreme: Forces Supplementation (????) EDIT: Team Bar Increase (thanks Hasemo!)
  • 19 Hard: Unit Cost Down
  • 20 Normal: Step Cancel Consumption Down
Donkey, add this guide to the OP, please.

I'll add the mission stuff and fix those things with PSN name issues when I get back home later today :)

I'm not late to the party and everyone is still playing, right? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's only the first week and we have rooms going on for hours on end. :p

Just bought it today. I have no idea what I'm doing, so recommended a suit for me!

Give me a few and I'll be happy to play with you guys. Just don't make fun of my PSN name, it was made in such haste and nostalgia.

Just bought it today. I have no idea what I'm doing, so recommended a suit for me!

Give me a few and I'll be happy to play with you guys. Just don't make fun of my PSN name, it was made in such haste and nostalgia.

https://sites.google.com/site/unlim...e-vs/gundam-exvs-guide/an-introduction/part-1

Check out this link (the particular part I linked to is about suits for beginners, but the whole guide is worth reading). When you get comfortable with basics that are described there, start experimenting.

Shouta

Is Freedom Gundam's BC an attack or evade? Having trouble finding a good use for it.

The roll? It's kind of a combination of both as you dodge and can shoot from it like in the show.

Today's Saturday so Full Boost tournys are happening and being streamed. There's a SoCal pre-SCR tournament going on at Super Arcade and I'll be attending Battle 4 Seattle the "anime game" tournament which will be featuring Gundam as well. Shingin will probably get the SoCal link. I'll post the Seatttle link a bit later.

Just got it today!

Where do I go to get the Suit DLC? Do I have to go through the PSN Store or is there a place in game to access it?

You can't access additional suits in-game, you have to access them through PSN Store (enter the code added to the game to access Ex-S - the rest, you buy or simply download if they're free). It's really bizarre since all other DLC is easily accessible through "Catalog" menu, but oh, well.

The roll? It's kind of a combination of both as you dodge and can shoot from it like in the show.

Today's Saturday so Full Boost tournys are happening and being streamed. There's a SoCal pre-SCR tournament going on at Super Arcade and I'll be attending Battle 4 Seattle the "anime game" tournament which will be featuring Gundam as well. Shingin will probably get the SoCal link. I'll post the Seatttle link a bit later.

cool I'll try to tune in

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

What time are these events happening.

Got work and alot of studying I'm trying to get through but I'm gonna try and make time to sit down and watch.

Shouta

SoCal event starts at 4pm but is probably running all night.

B 4 Seattle states 3pm but it's likely we'll have everything going by 5 or 6pm.

DunpealD

Is Freedom Gundam's BC an attack or evade? Having trouble finding a good use for it.

As Shouta already said it's an additional move. As far as I can see you can use it to cancel anything, has at least 3 different followups and can be used even when you're out of boost.

I think most people recommend the RX78-2 aka The Gundam for beginners. I think Dropoppi used it for quite some time before jumping to other suits.

EDIT: Don't forget to check out IRC channel and keep lingering there if you want to play with other peeps.

Good luck! Don't forget, If in doubt as a wise man once said: "Pick a top tier!".

Well, I have been going through the Missions to learn how to play this game. Finally, my Japanese is paying off.

Since I've never actually seen Gundam yet, I just went with Rei Amuro, figuring he's the basic well-rounded mascot character. I look forward to playing with you guys in the future, when I figure this shit out.

I did hear all the OP's and I actually recognized a song from Seed-Destiny.

DunpealD

I actually play with way more Japanese people than USA/EU players. Japanese players don't seem quite as keen on kicking me as soon as I join.

I personally refrain from joining Japanese players. The difference between red/yellow/blue are quite big. As common courtesy I don't play ranked or join japanese rooms, since the connection is not good at all and certainly not arcade perfect. While it's not unplayable it's still undesired by most people, since you don't want to be the "one guy with bad connection" who messes up the whole match. You should try to join US/EU rooms or just jump into the IRC channel, linger there and play with fellow peeps whenever enough are available.

I don't know how it works on Gundam, but in SF, I had a US account even though I was living in Tokyo. So, they presumed that my connection was just awful. (don't blame them, a little lag can ruin SF) It's more their culture to just wait for you to leave on your own then kick you out, in my experiences.

What probably helps keeping you from getting booted is that they presume your account is Japanese, so they have no expectations of dreadful lag.

Gundam isn't as timing sensitive as SF. There are no 1 frame links, 3 frame jabs, unblockable setups or anything like that. I can understand japanese not wanting to have bad connection though, since their player pool is quite big and having a one guy with bad connection does sour it for all. Nevertheless I think the game is quite well playable in a wide range of connection quality. That's probably because gameplay is not as lag sensitive as the typical fighting game.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As Shouta already said it's an additional move. As far as I can see you can use it to cancel anything, has at least 3 different followups and can be used even when you're out of boost.

I think most people recommend the RX78-2 aka The Gundam for beginners. I think Dropoppi used it for quite some time before jumping to other suits.

EDIT: Don't forget to check out IRC channel and keep lingering there if you want to play with other peeps.

Good luck! Don't forget, If in doubt as a wise man once said: "Pick a top tier!".

Dun I demand to see more Acguy action lol

DunpealD

I'm going with "Unicorn Gundam," based on the "Boy named Sue" theory of toughness.

Well in this game as a beginner picking a top tier suit is in no way recommendable, maybe except WZTV. While top tier suits are known as the best they are still quite tricky to play and probably beyond the skill of a beginner.

Dun I demand to see more Acguy action lol

Been using Gato yesterday :| . Guess the next time I can put some Acguy into the mix.

Well in this game as a beginner picking a top tier suit is in no way recommendable, maybe except WZTV. While top tier suits are known as the best they are still quite tricky to play and probably beyond the skill of a beginner.

Very true. Am I right thinking Rei Amuro is a good starter unit? (Or is his name Amuro Ray [as in Ray is his family name]? How odd... .)

I've only used Amuro so I have no frame of reference here.

DunpealD

Very true. Am I right thinking Rei Amuro is a good starter unit?

Rei Amuro has Nu-Gundam, Hi-Nu Gundam and RX78-2 aka The Gundam just for you information XD. But I guess you mean the RX78-2 with at a cost of 2k. Iirc it covers a lot of basic functions, so yeah it's a good entry level suit.

Don't forget there's a big difference between playing against CPU and humans. So try to not get too many bad habbits from playing against CPU.

Rei Amuro has Nu-Gundam, Hi-Nu Gundam and RX78-2 aka The Gundam just for you information XD. But I guess you mean the RX78-2 with at a cost of 2k. Iirc it covers a lot of basic functions, so yeah it's a good entry level suit.

Don't forget there's a big difference between playing against CPU and humans. So try to not get too many bad habbits from playing against CPU.

I figure there will be a lot more evasive maneuvers. Look, I've been getting my ass whooped on SF4 for over a month now and I don't think it's getting any better. So, I dread to think how long it's going to be before I win online in this game. ugh

DunpealD

I figure there will be a lot more evasive maneuvers. Look, I've been getting my ass whooped on SF4 for over a month now and I don't think it's getting any better. So, I dread to think how long it's going to be before I win online in this game. ugh

Don't worry we got a lot of beginners. Just join the IRC channel. Usually there many of them hanging around between the few vets, so there should be a good balance. Just don't expect that you can get a match immediately and let it linger around at a tab till enough people gather.

So is there anything you guys would be able to compare this too? Like, it looks awesome but I have a feeling I'll be shitty at it and end up feeling like I wasted money. Also, how does unlocking/obtaining people/gundams work in this, just go through missions and stuff?

I apologize in advance for the dumb questions.

So is there anything you guys would be able to compare this too? Like, it looks awesome but I have a feeling I'll be shitty at it and end up feeling like I wasted money. Also, how does unlocking/obtaining people/gundams work in this, just go through missions and stuff?

I apologize in advance for the dumb questions.
Gotcha Force, Virtual On are the comparisons. And all the units are unlocked right from the get go.

Watch the tourney stream in the above link to see how it goes :)

zoobzone

so I've cleared all the missions on every difficulty in single player fb mission mode.

now I've moved onto the online fb mode, however I can't seem to get rewards for clearing missions, what's going on?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
so I've cleared all the missions on every difficulty in single player fb mission mode.

now I've moved onto the online fb mode, however I can't seem to get rewards for clearing missions, what's going on?
Each online mission consists of a few scenes, so the "Continue?" screen you get after clearing one isn't asking you to proceed to the next mission, but the next scene.
You must clear all the scenes of a mission to have it cleared at get the reward.

zoobzone

Each online mission consists of a few scenes, so the "Continue?" screen you get after clearing one isn't asking you to proceed to the next mission, but the next scene.
You must clear all the scenes of a mission to have it cleared at get the reward.

oh I see, thanks.

I should finally be online later in the week for some full boostin. I've been messing around with the suits and so far I'm liking exia, freedom, gunner zaku, 00q and Hu Nu along with wztv. So much gundam I don't know what to do. Also inpulse is fun. Can't wait to battle =D

Playing online is a lot of fun. I somehow got a winning record, and two of the games I had the top score! (lol, I'm a fraud)

Anyway, gotta put my name on the GAF registry. (vas_jpn)

Top Bottom