• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Astery

Anyone playing with a DS4 controller? Does it work properly?
All my DS3s are getting faulty around the L1 and L2 buttons, and I'm planning to get a DS4 to replace the controllers if it works. Don't have a PS4 so I don't know :\

The online mission where you fight all 3 forms of Extreme Gundam in 1 battle is just....not really fun, especially the carnage phase where it just keeps firing flame columns from high up and screw up my camera view or blasting me nonstop.

All my DS3s are getting faulty around the L1 and L2 buttons, and I'm planning to get a DS4 to replace the controllers if it works. Don't have a PS4 so I don't know :\

The online mission where you fight all 3 forms of Extreme Gundam in 1 battle is just....not really fun, especially the carnage phase where it just keeps firing flame columns from high up and screw up my camera view or blasting me nonstop.

My friend and I are getting OWNED in the online missions. First one was so easy, then the second one wasn't so easy. These small-fry guys shooing 30 missiles from each corner, fffffuuuuuuu

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
My friend and I are getting OWNED in the online missions. First one was so easy, then the second one wasn't so easy. These small-fry guys shooing 30 missiles from each corner, fffffuuuuuuu

Keep moving man thats about all you can do. Also pick and choose targets and what attacks to hit em with.

You just started so dont let it bother you too much. Enjoy the game and not worry so much about getting shot down all over the place.

Astery

leveling up your units makes a day and night difference to the difficulty if you are having trouble. small fries damage becomes almost unnoticeable :p.

Keep moving man thats about all you can do. Also pick and choose targets and what attacks to hit em with.

You just started so dont let it bother you too much. Enjoy the game and not worry so much about getting shot down all over the place.

I learned quickly that you can't take your Special Ranged-Attacks (特殊射撃) with ya, so you gotta use them at the earliest advantageous moment. My lil' homie Amuro has a good ranged game and is pretty mobile. I have a limited frame a reference, but this is the impression that I get.

I play on stick. Is everybody else using stick? Also, is there a GAF room out there going right now.

leveling up your units makes a day and night difference to the difficulty if you are having trouble. small fries damage becomes almost unnoticeable :p.

Wait, you can level up your units? How?

Parakeetman

I learned quickly that you can't take your Special Ranged-Attacks (特殊射撃) with ya, so you gotta use them at the earliest advantageous moment. My lil' homie Amuro has a good ranged game and is pretty mobile. I have a limited frame a reference, but this is the impression that I get.

I play on stick. Is everybody else using stick? Also, is there a GAF room out there going right now.

I play on a stick, do much better on one than using the Dshock. That and was used to it from the arcades anyways.

Truthfully the problem with that is you get a poor perception of how the unit really handles and will effect ones play against actual humans.

Astery

Only in mission mode, not arcade or other modes:
after pressing triangle to choose your unit, pressing triangle again will allow you to assign points to skills that you unlocked from winning various missions both online and offline.

Truthfully the problem with that is you get a poor perception of how the unit really handles and will effect ones play against actual humans.

Well missions are just bonus content to play with, once i collected everything I will just just return to playing arcade mode ..co-op lol.I am not really keen on playing competitive after Rengou vs. ZAFT II, the pacing is just too fast for me after that.

Only in mission mode, not arcade or other modes:
after pressing triangle to choose your unit, pressing triangle again will allow you to assign points to skills that you unlocked from winning various missions both online and offline.

THAT... would be a huge help. d'oh

I just upgraded, and now my HP is double what it was.

RGM79

All my DS3s are getting faulty around the L1 and L2 buttons, and I'm planning to get a DS4 to replace the controllers if it works. Don't have a PS4 so I don't know

I've got it working with a PS4 controller. At first it wasn't working for me, then I figured out that I have to turn off the DS3 and only have the DS4 active when I launch the game from XMB, I can't turn off the DS3 when already loaded the game or the game will not default to the DS4.

Dunno if other games work that way, I've only ever tried using the DS4 with EXVSFB.

Astery

I've got it working with a PS4 controller. At first it wasn't working for me, then I figured out that I have to turn off the DS3 and only have the DS4 active when I launch the game from XMB, I can't turn off the DS3 when already loaded the game or the game will not default to the DS4.

Dunno if other games work that way, I've only ever tried using the DS4 with EXVSFB.

thanks, I'll get a DS4 and try it out, My DS3 has been auto sending "moving forward/ moving back/ supporting/ roger" messages and I can only follow these random orders lol.

Was a pretty good tournament. It seems like a lot of the viewers enjoyed it, too.

Donkeybro won but I don't think I can say that this was particularly impressive for a tournament grand final. Sure hope the EVO side tournament comes in with a higher level of play.

Donkeybro played decently but ran upfront too often and ate too many random combos and accidental gerobi. I am not sure if he was trying to make things interesting or not by letting the opposing team to run it back to 5/6 but it was entirely on him for letting Qant freely combo on both of them like that.

2MlGbEm.gif

omg all their faces DO look all alike, what the fuck!!! haha I get the question in the questionnaire now. Still gonna watch it, sorry Andy.

Shouta

Sorry guys, we intended on streaming Gundam tonight but unfortunately, we decided to do it off-stream because it decided to snow pretty hard in Seattle. We all wanted to get home so we didn't get stuck out there, lol.

8 teams (originally 9), random pairings, I won with my partner but we were doing this tournament as an introduction to folks to get them interested.

FSLink

Banned
A couple questions. How do you redeem the Gundam Perfect Games HUD DLC? And any suggestions on what to watch first out of the entire Gundam catalog? :p Never really sat down and watched any Gundam series or movies. Is the newest series any friendly to newcomers?

Also my PSN is amodestproposalJ at least for Full Boost (added myself to the spreadsheet). If you're interested in playing me in other stuff my PSN is amodestproposal. Look forward to playing you all, I'll poke my head in the IRC chat from time to time.

NEO0MJ

A couple questions. How do you redeem the Gundam Perfect Games HUD DLC? And any suggestions on what to watch first out of the entire Gundam catalog? :p Never really sat down and watched any Gundam series or movies. Is the newest series any friendly to newcomers?

A lot of newcomers enjoyed Build Fighters, though I feel it's best to watch it after immersing yourself in Gundam. Maybe it would be best if you watch the movie Trilogy of Mobile Suit Gundam, first.

klausbert

That stream was impressive, you could actually tell what's going on, compared to most of the youtube videos where you can only see huge blocks of colorful muddiness.

Regardless of the play quality, it was great to see a good turnout for the tourney and of course mad props to Shingin and the RebelUp guys for the awesome setup and stream as well :) Seemed like it garnered a bunch of interest on top of having a good number watching the stream. Here's to hoping for more good stuff in the neat future on they way to SCR!

And grats to my bro for handling business. Older bro is proud of you. ;__;

Beckx

iebattlegrounds feed was fantastic. hyped for SCR.

Never really sat down and watched any Gundam series or movies. Is the newest series any friendly to newcomers?

I think it is. But, if you've watched a lot of Gundam before there are a ton of references that will make you smile. It's a rough analogy, but it's kind of like when adults and kids go to a Pixar movie: both have fun, but there are jokes there that only the adults get. Then animation is really nice, the concept plays better than I ever imagined it would, and the designs are great.

There's a discussion a few pages back though where almost everyone else reaches the opposite conclusion that you should start with older material. :) The main Gundam timeline is known as "Universal Century" and has more serious storylines that try to be a realistic portrayal of war with giant mechs. If you don't mind older animation you cannot go wrong by starting with the original series (but if you can't stand 70s/80s era quality/design you probably won't enjoy it).

Build also has the benefit of being free on Bandai's youtube channel. Gundam Seed is also there, though YMMV on Seed. Depending on where you live the most recent main timeline show Unicorn is also available there, but IMO that show really does need a lot of prior knowledge to enjoy (at least a skim of the UC wiki).

how do I determine what figures I have in mission mode? Is there any way?

You can see your figures in the Gallery (Briefing Room).

NEO0MJ

Been trying some of the new units. Of the three playable Extreme I like the melee one the most, and find the one with the cannons to be the most boring.

Also, we need a usable guide to figure out what moves each unit has and how to best play it. Google translate turn the one in the OP to gibberish :(

Beckx

Been trying some of the new units. Of the three playable Extreme I like the melee one the most, and find the one with the cannons to be the most boring.

Also, we need a usable guide to figure out what moves each unit has and how to best play it. Google translate turn the one in the OP to gibberish :(

Google search led me to this: partial translations of the wiki at Unlimited Brett Works - http://unlimitedbrettworks.com/forums/index.php?board=34.0

That at least has tactics for several suits.

Luigi87

So GAF rooms aside, would the best way for me to finally jump online be select
Player Match
Team Shuffle, or Team Free?

stanley1993

Neo Member
Has anyone been able to figure out how replays work? I wanted to look at some of tank MSs replays but I don't know how. I press circle and I am guessing it then starts downloading replay. Message pops up and no replay starts. Is there an area in the game where the replay is saved?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Finished all the single player missions. Man I wish all of the MS were playable. I would love to put in some work in a Vigna Ghina, a Javelin, a Daughtress or some of the other more obscure MS you never see anywhere.

1emons

Neo Member
Has anyone been able to figure out how replays work? I wanted to look at some of tank MSs replays but I don't know how. I press circle and I am guessing it then starts downloading replay. Message pops up and no replay starts. Is there an area in the game where the replay is saved?
I think it's the first option in that menu and the second option is the replay download section that you're in.

Finished all the single player missions. Man I wish all of the MS were playable. I would love to put in some work in a Vigna Ghina, a Javelin, a Daughtress or some of the other more obscure MS you never see anywhere.
The Mobile Suit we deserve
1329998161938.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Picked up Full Boost last night. I regret it already (not really).

Yep, I still totally suck at the game, but god damn I love it. The Mission structure is cool. I'll need to get back into the swing of things and hopefully actually get better at playing this damn game (stop destroying me CPU T_T)

After going 14-74 I think I need to confine myself to the Arcade mode and Free Battle for a bit. I'm getting absolutely wrecked online. It's definitely because I haven't picked up stepping and I find myself tapping the wrong buttons in panic. I thought it would be a good learning experience but I think I need to get the fundamentals down first. Plus I'm not used to playing with an arcade stick so I'm trying to pick that up too.

I think McRibbonsAlmark is my new favorite PSN name. I feel like it shouldn't even be funny, but it just makes me smile every time I see it.

I was playing in a room with him earlier. I was doing the same thing.

stanley1993

Neo Member
After going 14-74 I think I need to confine myself to the Arcade mode and Free Battle for a bit. I'm getting absolutely wrecked online. It's definitely because I haven't picked up stepping and I find myself tapping the wrong buttons in panic. I thought it would be a good learning experience but I think I need to get the fundamentals down first. Plus I'm not used to playing with an arcade stick so I'm trying to pick that up too.

I was playing in a room with him earlier. I was doing the same thing.
Have you had good service online? fighting people with red bars somtimes gives me button lag(feels like). orange, yellow and green seem very good but red gives me problems usually. probably get red more often when opponents are from the opposite side of the globe.

Have you had good service online? fighting people with red bars somtimes gives me button lag(feels like). orange, yellow and green seem very good but red gives me problems usually. probably get red more often when opponents are from the opposite side of the globe.

Yeah I've found a few games that were green or blue when searching and then once inside everyone was yellow. Don't think I'm getting tossed around because of lag, I'm legitimately terrible.

stanley1993

Neo Member
Yeah I've found a few games that were green or blue when searching and then once inside everyone was yellow. Don't think I'm getting tossed around because of lag, I'm legitimately terrible.
are there ways to scroll through rooms? i thought matchmaking was random unless you play with friends. or do you randomly find nice rooms? i don't think that has ever happened to me lol.

Parakeetman

Ex-S replays prior to patch can no longer be replayed as well...

tumblr_mc61v358Wj1qfyo5co1_500.gif

The free Marie navi is an apology for the prior online service issues as well. Rather impressed at how fast they've been patching things.

Gouf is the true spiderman.

Its hilarious how fast the gouf runs when in burst mode. So awesome lol

are there ways to scroll through rooms? i thought matchmaking was random unless you play with friends. or do you randomly find nice rooms? i don't think that has ever happened to me lol.

Go to Player match and then custom match. You should get a screen asking you to pick just a few search options, press start and then eventually you'll get a list of rooms to join. If there's nothing green or blue at first, just keep pressing Triangle to refresh. I'm not an expert at this game so if there's a better way I'm not sure, but its worked well so far.

Top Bottom