• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

MechaX

Not everyone can feel the difference between the two games, and it's not like jumping from SFII to SFIII. I have to admit part of me feels that the price of the game should have been lower.

No, but it does feel like jumping from Guilty Gear XX to like Accent Core R+ though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Played a bunch yesterday with BudokaiMR2 and really got back in the rhythm.

Already doing better than I did in EX Vs. Right now, my go-to is Blue Destiny. So much fun. I want to pick up another suit soon, though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Played a bunch yesterday with BudokaiMR2 and really got back in the rhythm.

Already doing better than I did in EX Vs. Right now, my go-to is Blue Destiny. So much fun. I want to pick up another suit soon, though.

Tossing dem GMs lol best ever with the EXAM system.

Man I really suck at this. I've only tried the easiest arcade branch and got my ass kicked by cpu. Especially in match with more than 2 opponents.

Parakeetman

Man I really suck at this. I've only tried the easiest arcade branch and got my ass kicked by cpu. Especially in match with more than 2 opponents.

tumblr_lz9ly5tkua1qi0kfro1_500.gif

Alright, got new internet, a new modem, a new line to my house, and a new line put in my room so I'm not using wireless anymore. We are playing gundam. We are going to Wally World.

Luigi87

Spent all my down-time today playing Danganronpa, so didn't get any Gundam in today. Gonna fix that tomorrow.

On the upside, my MG Hi-Nu kit arrived today. I didn't realize how large MG kit boxes are @_@

Parakeetman

Spent all my down-time today playing Danganronpa, so didn't get any Gundam in today. Gonna fix that tomorrow.

On the upside, my MG Hi-Nu kit arrived today. I didn't realize how large MG kit boxes are @_@

If you think those are large you should see the perfect grade boxes lol.

Alright, got new internet, a new modem, a new line to my house, and a new line put in my room so I'm not using wireless anymore. We are playing gundam. We are going to Wally World.

We went to Wally World.

GGs to anyone who joined the room we were in tonight! I'm so bad at this game lol, I did better tonight than last night at least. X-1 Kai is really fun to use.

I dunno what soundtrack I was expecting but the intro caught me off guard. Time to dive in.

Edit: Also, what would be a good character to start with to learn the mechanics? Never seen a character select screen so large o_O

I dunno what soundtrack I was expecting but the intro caught me off guard. Time to dive in.

Edit: Also, what would be a good character to start with to learn the mechanics? Never seen a character select screen so large o_O

As a beginner myself, I've found the Freedom to be a pretty good suit to learn the game with. It's moveset is pretty simple, so you can get a grasp on it fairly quickly.

The standard RX-78 is a good starter. He's got a good all-rounder moveset to ease you into the whole flow of the gameplay. Freedom's good too.

NEO0MJ

So how is someone suppose to use the melee based Extreme Gundam? I like it but I always die when using it.

lol, they put Quatre in another Wing Zero. I think Sandrock Custom makes a cameo as one of Heavyarms Assists (well, at least he did in vanilla EXVS)

He's still Heavyarm's assist.

Parakeetman

So how is someone suppose to use the melee based Extreme Gundam? I like it but I always die when using it.

He's still Heavyarm's assist.

Get better with the various movement mechanics. Seriously. If you see some of the good Gundam GAF players play, its a pretty good example of how important knowing the games movement system is along with boost gauge management. Since there are a few guys that just rip shit up going mainly melee. D: lol

Beckx

For anyone who's seen this movie.. how does Heero not die in this scene? Makes no sense

How does he not die in Episode 3 or 4 when he falls out of a skyscraper? Or when he falls from his Gundam's cockpit before it blows up later? Or the final episode...or...

Because Hiro Yuy

NEO0MJ

Get better with the various movement mechanics. Seriously. If you see some of the good Gundam GAF players play, its a pretty good example of how important knowing the games movement system is along with boost gauge management. Since there are a few guys that just rip shit up going mainly melee. D: lol

I know, but I seem to do alright with Master Gundam, at least against the PC :p

Shishihoko!

"nani?"

Beckx

I like all the Extreme variants but I'm not using them in player matches any more until my fundamentals are better.

For now, sticking with the Crossbones, especially X2. *cackles madly*

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Heero has massive resistance to fall damage from a lifetime of falling from improbably high places.

Hate to say it, but I think Maxi trims some of the MS we have now out and adds AGE, BF, and Thunderbolt MS =\

This was an old leaked pic from the Full Boost mobile site...

ibo7sc7uzZnrgS.jpg

The only ones we didn't get were AGE, G-Armor, Striker Katana, and the 00 movie mention below which probably meant Brave Commander. All of them aside from Striker Katana (so far) have shown up in Maxi. There was even file info for AGE as DLC in EXVS way back when people hacked into vanilla when the last DLC bunch came out.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
This was an old leaked pic from the Full Boost mobile site...

ibo7sc7uzZnrgS.jpg

The only ones we didn't get were AGE, G-Armor, Striker Katana, and the 00 movie mention below which probably meant Brave Commander. All of them aside from Striker Katana (so far) have shown up in Maxi. There was even file info for AGE as DLC in EXVS way back when people hacked into vanilla when the last DLC bunch came out.

Man I want G-Armor something fierce now.

Top Bottom