• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Tayaya

Added myself tot he GundamGAF list. Played a little bit of this over the weekend. It took a little experimenting to get it all to click, but I am starting to get the hang of it. There are just so many units to try! How on earth does one settle into a favorite?

Are there no endings for Arcade Mode? I've finished on the A and B branches and it just goes right to the end credits, which is kind of lame. I did have to continue though. Does that have something to do with it?

Are the 1000 point units any good? I have always liked the Gundam ez8 but in the game it seems very limited on both weapons and capabilities. It IS fun, though, when I manage a win with it. The only 3000 I've tried so far was nu-gundam, and I would either do amazingly well, or get completely rocked by the AI (sticking to D-branch in Arcade Mode, which is pretty tough).

Really glad I picked this up though. The last time I played one of these was Federation vs Zeon DX on PS2. It's come a long way on polish and on the tightness of the gameplay. Now I just need to learn the mechanics and get better!

Soulhouf

Finally!

BgIpQAvCIAEW2Pi.jpg

Soulhouf

Just started the game only to see that some of my MadCatz stick buttons don't work anymore T_T
I opened it to check if some of the contacts were messed up but everything seems to be alright.
What in the world is going on here? I didn't use my stick for 6 months or so. Did one of the last firmware updates screw it up or something? u_u

Just started the game only to see that some of my MadCatz stick buttons don't work anymore T_T
I opened it to check if some of the contacts were messed up but everything seems to be alright.
What in the wold is going on here? I didn't use my stick for 6 months or so. Did one of the last firmwares update screw it up or something? u_u

Have you checked your button configs? Or is it just plain not working (e.g. O isn't registering as confirm, and X isn't registering as cancel)?

Soulhouf

Have you checked your button configs? Or is it just plain not working (e.g. O isn't registering as confirm, and X isn't registering as cancel)?

That's the first thing I did. I reconfigured the buttons to match my play style.
X, circle, triangle and square buttons work fine.
Start, Select and Home on the other hand aren't recognized at all.

What in the world is going on here? I didn't use my stick for 6 months or so. Did one of the last firmware updates screw it up or something? u_u

Did you check the lock switch?

IIRC if it's activated it'll lock out Start, Select, and Home so you don't accidentally pause during a tournament.

Soulhouf

Did you check the lock switch?

IIRC if it's activated it'll lock out Start, Select, and Home so you don't accidentally pause during a tournament.

1227057031924.jpg

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu I'm way way out of practice lol. I guess I freaked out for nothing.

Fuckin lock switch, I completely forgot about it.

Thanks!

coldvein

Banned
wondering if i should pick this up. $100 is kinda pricey, plus i dont know anybody irl to play it with .. would probably just get my ass shredded online and not have much fun. but i luv the gundamuu

wondering if i should pick this up. $100 is kinda pricey, plus i dont know anybody irl to play it with .. would probably just get my ass shredded online and not have much fun. but i luv the gundamuu

You can get it for a lot less than $100. The $100 version has a bunch of extra songs. The regular one is $65-70.

Luigi87

Buy eet.
We've got GAFfers online, plus there are randoms out there as well. Jump in, learn, adapt. That's what I've been doing, and I'm having a blast.

IronLich

Trying out Crossbone X2. Is there really any reason to throw off the cloak while it's still active? Haven't noticed anything too significant.

Also, Gunner Zaku is just a load of fun, but I'm getting super greedy with that CSa, and
I get to blow up Shinn in an effective way, so all the more reason to use it.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Taking off X2's cloak makes him move slightly faster. Also, putting on/off the cloak makes him fast fall, which can be useful in some situations.

Kamion

Finally got the game today and played way more than I should have.

Kind of picked up Impulse (despite me disliking Shinn), Gunner Zaku and the Delta Plus. Would love to play the V2 Gundam and Exia more. But Exia seems to be a melee machine and the V2 Gundam is a 3000 cost machine. I don't feel confident enough for either :p
Still need to test a few units. It's been a lot of fun though!

Also, I might need to test out my fight stick for this, as Square -> XX -> Square -> XX is way harder to do with my thumb than my index finger. Need to find a picture of that cabinet so I use the right layout.

"Also, I might need to test out my fight stick for this, as Square -> XX -> Square -> XX is way harder to do with my thumb than my index finger. Need to find a picture of that cabinet so I use the right layout."

Standard arcade stick layout is:

Shoot -- Melee -- Boost
Target -- Nothing -- Communication

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
"Also, I might need to test out my fight stick for this, as Square -> XX -> Square -> XX is way harder to do with my thumb than my index finger. Need to find a picture of that cabinet so I use the right layout."

Shoot -- Melee -- Boost

I have mine as

Shoot -- Melee -- Communication
Boost -- Target -- Nothing

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do you CSa?

Index -> Boost
Middle -> Shoot
Ring -> Melee?

Kamion

I have mine as

Shoot -- Melee -- Communication
Boost -- Target -- Nothing

Which sounds a lot more comfortable... I'll probably never get to play this in arcades anyway (better things to do than play Gundam during Japan trips ww), so I might just try around and find one that works for me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Which sounds a lot more comfortable... I'll probably never get to play this in arcades anyway (better things to do than play Gundam during Japan trips ww), so I might just try around and find one that works for me.

I just found this to work better for me. Had to make do with the arcade one before that. You might as well be giving the other side your money with how good a lot of the people in the arcades are lol.

Stuff like this reminds me of the arguments between NeoGeo fans about button layout

X X vs X X X X
X X

Personally I was part of the first group of 2 over 2. Couldnt pull off things the way I wanted to with the 4 across layout.

Soulhouf

Shoot -- Melee -- Boost

I'm comfortable with this setting:
Shoot - Target - Communication
Boost - Melee - Nothing

Seishin

So I've been playing this game on and off [I can't play as much as I like because of work, but what can you do?] and I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of the game's fundamentals/Reborns Gundam while going through mission mode.

His transformation gimmick is pretty cool, and I noticed you can do some nifty things like Melee[Gundam] > Taser thing [Cannon] > Beam [Gundam]. But does he have a lot of ways to incorporate that transformation gimmick/is learning them essential to playing him or can you just focus on one mode and be done with it? [Though the latter seems like shooting yourself in the foot somehow.]

All in all, I'm really enjoying the game, and I hope to have the fundamentals down soon [I can't Boost Cancel properly for some reason yet.] so I can hopefully join you guys and not suck.

So I've been playing this game on and off [I can't play as much as I like because of work, but what can you do?] and I've been trying to learn the ins and outs of the game's fundamentals/Reborns Gundam while going through mission mode.

His transformation gimmick is pretty cool, and I noticed you can do some nifty things like Melee[Gundam] > Taser thing [Cannon] > Beam [Gundam]. But does he have a lot of ways to incorporate that transformation gimmick/is learning them essential to playing him or can you just focus on one mode and be done with it? [Though the latter seems like shooting yourself in the foot somehow.]

All in all, I'm really enjoying the game, and I hope to have the fundamentals down soon [I can't Boost Cancel properly for some reason yet.] so I can hopefully join you guys and not suck.

Grain of salt this because I'm terrible, but you don't have to switch in the middle of combos, but you DO need to be able to switch in the heat of battle. I think that you should continue playing and get comfortable switching back and forth. Fortunately, it's merely another moveset, so it's not too bad to learn.

Reborn is a dick with that behind the back shot stuff. I never think he's facing me then bam.

dwix

Great games tonight. I'm still getting myself trapped in some cases, especially with X Divider (gotta get used to his boost mechanics) but I feel like I'm thinking the game better.

So much fun!

Top Bottom