• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Astarte

I just got this game and I'm new to this series; I have no idea what I'm doing but it's pretty rad seeing Char again! I really need to go back and rewatch everything.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy shit this game does look a lot like Gotcha Force. This might be as close to a sequel to that game as I'm ever going to get... now to sit and pray that it gets localized.

Tayaya

Holy shit this game does look a lot like Gotcha Force. This might be as close to a sequel to that game as I'm ever going to get... now to sit and pray that it gets localized.

You really don't need to wait on a localization. Between the excellent OT and the great GAF community, there is nothing you won't be able to figure out by playing the JP version. The Japanese is minimal, there is no real plot or story to follow, and the game is just great! Import now! RIGHT NOW!

From the OP...

WHY SHOULD I PLAY THIS?
brightslap.gif
Do you kinda like Virtual On or maybe even Gotcha Force? Do you enjoy footsies and playing the neutral game in fighting games? Aside from mecha smacking the hell out of each other, it’s an amazing competitive game that is easy to jump into yet is rather deep once you start delving into the mechanics of the game system. Although this is somewhat considered a fighting game, its nature is built around the 2 v 2 gameplay where team synergy is much more important than the individual. On top of that, you don't need to be a combo or execution master to be decent at this game. It can still be enjoyed by those who are looking for a single-player experience through the arcade modes and mission modes, but the meat of the game revolves around the core 2v2 experience.​
Is Namco Bandai going to localize this game?
tumblr_m7wglammax1qbxqfpo1_250.gif
On a more serious note, this game has been added to the official list of games to be played at So Cal Regionals, so if a good showing is made there and thus pushes other fighting game events to add it, perhaps a convincing argument can be made for the series to come to the West. More info about the So Cal Regionals showing below.​

:p Honestly though, it's not hard to get through. I don't know Japanese and can get through the menus easily. Also, the leads on Full Boost worked on Gotcha Force, so it's totally not a coincidence the gameplay looks familiar.

Seems like he has the Zudahs self destruct. D:

All the grunts in arcade and mission mode have a similar special movement and self destruct as well. :p

Kid Ska

You really don't need to wait on a localization. Between the excellent OT and the great GAF community, there is nothing you won't be able to figure out by playing the JP version. The Japanese is minimal, there is no real plot or story to follow, and the game is just great! Import now! RIGHT NOW!

From the OP...

:p Honestly though, it's not hard to get through. I don't know Japanese and can get through the menus easily. Also, the leads on Full Boost worked on Gotcha Force, so it's totally not a coincidence the gameplay looks familiar.

Okay, I'll definitely look into it after work. Would anyone care to point me in the right direction, though? I've never actually imported a game.

Gotcha Force is an unsung classic.

Yes! It was a little rough around the edges but the game was super fun. Especially playing co-op challenge mode with a friend.

A lot fo the people who worked on Gotcha Force also work on this game.

True, that. It was the game that made me say "fuck reviewers" as it usually got 6/10 at best.

And now I'm completely convinced to buy this game.

Ive yet to see them self destruct. :eek:

Yeah, they'll do a special movement and be all fiery like Zudah when they do it. They'll hit you like the Zudah self destruct, but won't explode. I've seen GMs and Pez Bataras do it.

Okay, I'll definitely look into it after work. Would anyone care to point me in the right direction, though? I've never actually imported a game.

Firstly, do you want to go physical or digital with it? One thing to note is that if you plan on playing online, you can only use a JP PSN account.

Kid Ska

Firstly, do you want to go physical or digital with it? One thing to note is that if you plan on playing online, you can only use a JP PSN account.
I think I'd rather go physical. I need to save hard drive space for PS+ games. I guess I can't just change the region on my current PSN account?

I think I'd rather go physical. I need to save hard drive space for PS+ games. I guess I can't just change the region on my current PSN account?

Nope, no region changing. You'll need one anyway to get DLC and whatnot, so... how to make a Japanese PSN account.

Physical wise, there's the regular and premium G sound edition which comes with 35 extra BGM tracks. Content gameplay-wise, they're the same. Way more info in the OT as well.

From the OT said:
Okay, okay... so where can I buy this game?

I would put play-asia, but they're expensive in comparison to the rest.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
On this page we see DonkeyShow read his own OT to people

There's so much good info in that first post yall. Take a look before asking questions. Just about everything you could want to know starting out is covered

Kid Ska

There's so much good info in that first post yall. Take a look before asking questions. Just about everything you could want to know starting out is covered

Yeah, sorry. When I get a little more time I am going to go through the whole thing, though (which looks fantastic, by the way. Possibly the best I've seen).

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, they'll do a special movement and be all fiery like Zudah when they do it. They'll hit you like the Zudah self destruct, but won't explode. I've seen GMs and Pez Bataras do it.

Must be because I pretty much one shot them with the cannon on the Zudah lol. Ill try to see if one does it next time I mess around with the game. :D

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got time to play now?

Hoping to get a few games in before work. Gonna see how hosting a public room works out at this time of day

Tayaya

Donkey just wants to spread the Gundam love as far and as wide as he possibly can. And yeah I think a lot of people just click on the latest post to get to where the thread currently is and completely miss the original post.

This first post is absolutely incredible too - it's literally packed with information, well organized, looks great, etc. Donkey knows his shit, and totally sold me on the game, which I have been just itching to play more of all week. Work and Bravely Default have kept me away, but I'll fix that on Saturday.

GGs stanley1993... We seem to have bad luck lol I got bodied hardcore by that team with the Wing Zero.

edit: And since I see talk about the OP, but this thread is amazing. Best English resource for the game IMO, you did an awesome job donkey show

stanley1993

Neo Member
GGs stanley1993... We seem to have bad luck lol I got bodied hardcore by that team with the Wing Zero.

edit: And since I see talk about the OP, but this thread is amazing. Best English resource for the game IMO, you did an awesome job donkey show

yea lol it got intense. ive been trying to play with heavyarms. its a fun suit but hard one to master, at least for me. i think i lost all battles using that suit. Mr farhenheit experienced it with me first hand haha

can someone help me with #gafgundam irc.esper.net ?

everytime i try to enter the chat it jkeeps asking me to install java (wich is installed) so after re-installing it blocks the app so i go to both the java properties and chrome propeties to make that domain an exception...stil no solution :S

can someone help me with #gafgundam irc.esper.net ?

everytime i try to enter the chat it jkeeps asking me to install java (wich is installed) so after re-installing it blocks the app so i go to both the java properties and chrome propeties to make that domain an exception...stil no solution :S

Dat avatar and username! :D

Anyways which IRC client do you use? Mibbit, mIRC or something else?

Top Bottom