• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

nice haha whats your japanese psn? i am browsing through my replays right now. ill probably be on again later tonight.
I'm Friendlypyrosan, he's tuskACT-4

I hope I can find a US/EU room tonight cause it's looking like our friend with the amazing connection won't be getting on to make our room.

Ienzo

Neo Member
I saw this game just now and im wondering the difference between this and the original game other than the dlc?

Shouta

I saw this game just now and im wondering the difference between this and the original game other than the dlc?

There a lot of system changes that make the game feel very different when you get into it. It's far more than just the DLC and new units.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thanks to everyone for teaching me the nuances so I can be better. I am more wise than I was before in the art of EXVS.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I stopped being poor and orderd the game today. Should arrive whenever.

Awesome another member joins the group! Should be a good time, since seems like there are a lot of new folks judging from the posts here.

Ive been a bit busy so have not been able to get any matches in lately. D: Might try to pop in tonight :D

Alright I think I need to join some GAF games tomorrow and get some pointers. I'm not really improving... in fact I think I'm getting worse. I won 1 game in 2 hours tonight.

I think I've got a lot to learn if I ever want to get better otherwise I'm just going to keep mashing buttons in desperation. Might have to re-watch some tutorials and re-read the beginners guide as well.

Parakeetman

Alright I think I need to join some GAF games tomorrow and get some pointers. I'm not really improving... in fact I think I'm getting worse. I won 1 game in 2 hours tonight.

I think I've got a lot to learn if I ever want to get better otherwise I'm just going to keep mashing buttons in desperation. Might have to re-watch some tutorials and re-read the beginners guide as well.

Watch the replays of your matches esp the players that are roflstomping everyone. Gives you a good idea of how they play. Helps a lot.

My problem for example is Im still not consistent with pulling off certain maneuvers at will due to just lack of constant game time. Once I get those things down for sure will be a lot better of a player. Other concepts Im still trying to wrap my head around and those tut vids donkey put up help a lot as visual refs are the best for games like these.

dwix

GGs tonight! Eventually LostConfused will smash it into my head that I need to not charge in. Also, enjoying F91 a lot.

So much Shingro doge.

FINALLLY" the damn game arrived to my country...now ill just crossfinger and wait for the postal office to deliver it (its 3 block from my house lol)

So, I can finally do combos now. It seems like trying to do more than a single step cancel results in dropping the enemy from the combo, so I've been kinda laying off of it. Still need to get movement down. CPU be runnin' mad circles around me.

Didn't have a great night tonight, only had a handful of the same people joining the room over and over again and I was getting torn up by possibly the most pick-a-top-tier player who's ever lived. But then I played a few matches as Efreet to chill out and I started to get my groove back, it's strange how therapeutic playing as Efreet is.

dwix

Didn't have a great night tonight, only had a handful of the same people joining the room over and over again and I was getting torn up by possibly the most pick-a-top-tier player who's ever lived. But then I played a few matches as Efreet to chill out and I started to get my groove back, it's strange how therapeutic playing as Efreet is.

I have yet to try that suit... Need to give it a go, along with other 1000 point suits. I have yet to really try them but it is probably good to know what they are capable of doing.

NEO0MJ

I put Extreme Melee on the side for now and have instead been playing more with Master Gundam, so much fun. Need to learn how to make the best of his tools, though.

I have yet to try that suit... Need to give it a go, along with other 1000 point suits. I have yet to really try them but it is probably good to know what they are capable of doing.

Gouf is probably the most fun 1000 unit.

Parakeetman

Doing the spiderman all over the place sure is interesting. Also that stab if you can pull off for the finishing move its glorious lol The minigun is just too much fun also.

For melee units did you try the Efreet? While it looks odd the combos it can do are pretty devastating for a 1000 point unit.

I need to try the Acguy but seems to be more of a veteran suit D: Dun kicked my ass proper with it lol

Also that stab if you can pull off for the finishing move its glorious lol.

12199646566_77d0d27ca5_o.gif

I don't get Crossbone X2's cape dynamic at all. How should I utilize it? Do I just pop it on when it feels like I might be get hit with beams and take it off when I don't?

Regardless, that unit went into my favorites.

NEO0MJ

For melee units did you try the Efreet? While it looks odd the combos it can do are pretty devastating for a 1000 point unit.

I need to try the Acguy but seems to be more of a veteran suit D: Dun kicked my ass proper with it lol

I just peeked at Efreet a bit. Seems interesting, but I can't hold all these mobile suits at the same time.
And yeah, Acguy is really hard to play with. But if you manage to finish a match with his super it would be the most glorious thing ever.

Ending a Combo with this is one of the most beautiful things you can do in the game.

I don't get Crossbone X2's cape dynamic at all. How should I utilize it? Do I just pop it on when it feels like I might be get hit with beams and take it off when I don't?

Pretty much. As long as your a good distance from your foe the extra mobility would be much better to have.

Aside from that, it's used to cancel moves into a fast fall to keep you from being stationary from certain moves too long. For example, you know when you are boosting backwards and you shoot? Your movement pauses when you shoot and you become a sitting duck until you boost dash cancel, etc. but you're still in the air. You can cancel that pause by putting on/taking off your cape and you will go into a fast fall keeping you moving. It's one way of correcting a movement error you might have done. Mind you, this only works if you actually have the cape and it's not reloading.

Guntank stab is so epic.

Too bad the animation is so long, I always get shot off by the partner, lol.

I got lucky doing this one. Knew it had to be gif'd when I did it. xD

Aside from that, it's used to cancel moves into a fast fall to keep you from being stationary from certain moves too long. For example, you know when you are boosting backwards and you shoot? Your movement pauses when you shoot and you become a sitting duck until you boost dash cancel, etc. but you're still in the air. You can cancel that pause by putting on/taking off your cape and you will go into a fast fall keeping you moving. It's one way of correcting a movement error you might have done. Mind you, this only works if you actually have the cape and it's not reloading.

Ooh, that sounds really handy.

Enron

Banned
I put Extreme Melee on the side for now and have instead been playing more with Master Gundam, so much fun. Need to learn how to make the best of his tools, though.

I just peeked at Efreet a bit. Seems interesting, but I can't hold all these mobile suits at the same time.
And yeah, Acguy is really hard to play with. But if you manage to finish a match with his super it would be the most glorious thing ever.

Ending a Combo with this is one of the most beautiful things you can do in the game.

Pretty much. As long as your a good distance from your foe the extra mobility would be much better to have.

Guntank stab is so epic.

Too bad the animation is so long, I always get shot off by the partner, lol.

More converts to the Church of No Zaku. Yesssssssss.

Beckx

X2 is soooo good. Currently maining it. I'm no expert on how to use it but in addition to the cancels donkey noted, my main idea is to keep it on when I'm at range and it then if I'm getting pressure coming in at melee, try to take it off for more mobility.

Zabine da best. He looks at Trowa's cartwheels and says "fuck that, how about I throw 2 beam sabers in your face AND cartwheel at the same time?"

OMG. That guy's movement is insane. Great video, going to have to try that cancel and recloak after the charge shot.

SpiceMustFlow

Neo Member
Hey, guys! Been lurking for a long time, and I managed to see this thread a while ago. I was first intrigued by the title (i wasn't sure if it meant only fighting games that featured mecha, or if it meant all mecha, to which I say "HOW DARE YOU?! Zeonic Front was GDLK!"). So I took a look at the OP and immeadiately wanted the game. Got it about a week and a half ago.

Haven't managed to play a ton (work has been exhausting lately), but the suits I've been maining have been the gouf custom and the GP03S. Love those suits, but I think I've got to branch out. Been hearing goods things about the Efreet so maybe I'll try that.

Also, has anyone heard anymore about the arcade stick they were making for the game? Was Bandai only making enough for the pre-orders or were they going to do another printing? Getting kinda anxious.

Hey, guys! Been lurking for a long time, and I managed to see this thread a while ago. I was first intrigued by the title (i wasn't sure if it meant only fighting games that featured mecha, or if it meant all mecha, to which I say "HOW DARE YOU?! Zeonic Front was GDLK!"). So I took a look at the OP and immeadiately wanted the game. Got it about a week and a half ago.

Haven't managed to play a ton (work has been exhausting lately), but the suits I've been maining have been the gouf custom and the GP03S. Love those suits, but I think I've got to branch out. Been hearing goods things about the Efreet so maybe I'll try that.

Also, has anyone heard anymore about the arcade stick they were making for the game? Was Bandai only making enough for the pre-orders or were they going to do another printing? Getting kinda anxious.

Welcome and glad the OP converted you! And as the resident Efreet lover, give it a go! >:D

As for the stick, I think it's supposed to come out later on this month. Haven't heard anything outside of that.

JKTrix

From the 20 minutes I was seriously considering getting that stick, I learned that it was an exclusive from the Bandai site. Which basically means that your regular resellers will likely put a hefty markup on it.

Efreet is a lot of fun, he's creeping up as one of my most played units. Gouf is good but I don't care to play as him very often. I love red Qubeley, but I think she's damn near the worst mech in the game, that or I'm seriously missing something with her. Zudah was a lot of fun in EXVS, but I'm not really feeling him in this game. Dogundam cracks me up, I don't know if he's good or not but I laugh the entire time I play him.

Those are the only 1000 units I've played enough to give my thoughts on.

If you order from Play Asia and get the free option, how long do you usually wait? I highly doubt the air economy will take more than 3 weeks as it tells me but I would like to hear from others.

Maybe if I'm lucky I can play with you guys 2 weeks from now instead of March lol.

If you order from Play Asia and get the free option, how long do you usually wait? I highly doubt the air economy will take more than 3 weeks as it tells me but I would like to hear from others.

Maybe if I'm lucky I can play with you guys 2 weeks from now instead of March lol.

Probably like 3-4 weeks. I've gotten that option a few times but it's always on things that I wasn't in a hurry to get so I never payed too much attention.

SpiceMustFlow

Neo Member

I got the premium G version of the game, so I didn't order from play-asia (so damn expensive and no free shipping?!). I got my game from amiami, with EMS shipping within half a week for about $103 total (shipping was $7). So, I would say that would be a safe bet if you wanted the game a little sooner. There are other sites listed in the OP if you want to compare prices.

SpiceMustFlow

Neo Member
donkey show said:
Welcome and glad the OP converted you! And as the resident Efreet lover, give it a go! >:D

As for the stick, I think it's supposed to come out later on this month. Haven't heard anything outside of that.
Thanks! I think I saw that as well elsewhere on the thread. I had been thinking about getting a new stick since I had a reawakening back into fighting games a couple years ago (Persona 4!). I was considering getting a madcatz pro or a hori rap 3 until I saw this stick.
Monty-Python.gif

From the 20 minutes I was seriously considering getting that stick, I learned that it was an exclusive from the Bandai site. Which basically means that your regular resellers will likely put a hefty markup on it.

Yeah, I was seeing it on a few sites with a store page up, but no way to buy yet. Play-asia didn't have a price on it yet, but I saw nippon-yasan had it priced only 1000 yen more than what a flyer from bandai had it listed as. I expect play-asia to mark it up more.

Parakeetman

Efreet is a lot of fun, he's creeping up as one of my most played units. Gouf is good but I don't care to play as him very often. I love red Qubeley, but I think she's damn near the worst mech in the game, that or I'm seriously missing something with her. Zudah was a lot of fun in EXVS, but I'm not really feeling him in this game. Dogundam cracks me up, I don't know if he's good or not but I laugh the entire time I play him.

Those are the only 1000 units I've played enough to give my thoughts on.

The Zudah functions a lot better in this game than it does in EXVS. Only thing you need to do to readjust is know your shots are not as super homing special bullet funtime like they used to be. Then again that goes for most of the weapons now with the rebalancing of how homing works in general.

---

donkey on a side note what prog. do you use to make those marvelous gifs?

That was insane. Im the most impressed by the constant blocking with that guy. Dear god.

I got the premium G version of the game, so I didn't order from play-asia (so damn expensive and no free shipping?!). I got my game from amiami, with EMS shipping within half a week for about $103 total (shipping was $7). So, I would say that would be a safe bet if you wanted the game a little sooner. There are other sites listed in the OP if you want to compare prices.

Play-Asia had the cheapest normal version I could find at $77ish. Wasn't willing to pay $30 extra for songs that I have in my music folder and songs I didn't like anyways.

Thanks Mr Fahrenheit I guess I shouldn't have been so stingy lol.

March it is guys. Playing DW Gundam 3 and trying to Plat it anyways. Should get it done before Full Boost gets here.

whats the deal with alex !?

I was playing against my cousing ( i picked gerbera tetra) and he picked up alex..the choban armor was almost no problem with the right luck but then i noticed that this 1k unit has better boost and better frame data on meleee than my 2k unit LOL

so now i need a counter for alex...or a strategy don't know :S

also how can i play with gaf :D ?

Free Navi isn't out yet, apparently.

Also, it's because Cima sucks, Char.

Saying that feels weird.

i was fool for believing all red units were awsome D:

well.. I should have guessed, even her death in the OVA was really lame

K...ill guess il just snipe Alex with funnels or anything that fits the sniper role

Top Bottom