• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

akaoni

Banned
I haven't touched this thing in 2 weeks, got a display setup separately now so I don't feel gimped when I play the game. Now it's just a case of fucking it and overcoming my nerves by actually playing someone. Maybe today!

I've got a 10000JPY code for PSN thanks to Play-Asia sucking if someone is thinking of buying the game, and you'll have extra to spare for DLC I think. It's 115USD on Play-Asia so if you want to haggle me down a little that's fine. Paypal of course.

NEO0MJ

Gross, having AGE suits as part of your opening is even worse with auto tune and screwmo/pop song ongoing.

Its like they want the game to fail. >.>

Also lame they showed off so little of the suits and focused on mostly AGE with RX-78 thrown in for nostalgia.

Should have gone with Build Strike.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does anyone have any good recommendations or experience for shipping? Am I running a risk by going with the cheaper options?

Ezalc

My copy of the game is in my city but when I called the post office they said it's in an agency where I can't go pick it up myself and I may have to wait up to 15 running days, that started on the 10th, to see whether or not customs is going to tax me for it or not.

Living in Brazil as a gamer sucks man.

Does anyone have any good recommendations or experience for shipping? Am I running a risk by going with the cheaper options?
You'll just end up waiting for a long time. I'm guessing you went with Amiami? EMS takes a couple of days where as SAL takes 3-4 weeks. You get what you pay for.

stanley1993

Neo Member

FedEx priority mail worked well in my area. It might also depend on where you buy the game from. I bought from NCSX. Everything there was great. Shipping took around 2 days.

Should've gone with Linkin Park :S

But I saw some Red Frame Kai and 00 Seven Sword :O

They had Wing Zero and Epyon a good amount: Maybe hinting to some anniversary material.

Beckx

iLBoFsW5KK0za.jpg

RX-78 in the snow in Tokyo. Best image I've ever seen of the thing.

---------------------------------

They had Wing Zero and Epyon a good amount: Maybe hinting to some anniversary material.

Wing featured in the EXVS opening too. Series just got a big blu-ray boxset, that's probably it for video. But who knows.

I think the biggest thing to take from the vid is that we're probably going to see more variants of existing MS in this game. Full Armor Unicorn is already shown in the vid on top of Perfect Strike, G Armor RX-78-02 TV version, and Avalanche Exia already being in Maxi.

Shouta

iLBoFsW5KK0za.jpg

---------------------------------

Wing featured in the EXVS opening too. Series just got a big blu-ray boxset, that's probably it for video. But who knows.

I need a widescreen version of this photo and super-sized, ASAP

Seishin

Man, that OP makes me feel really conflicted.

On one hand, the animation and stuff is flashy and really cool.

On the other, I'm not a fan of the song chosen at all.

More Gundam is always great though.

iLBoFsW5KK0za.jpg

Also this is really, really cool.

yea lol it got intense. ive been trying to play with heavyarms. its a fun suit but hard one to master, at least for me. i think i lost all battles using that suit. Mr farhenheit experienced it with me first hand haha
Heavy Arms is a really weird suit to play, I love him as a Gundam but I never play him, too many bad habits come along with him.

Got my first hate mail from Gundam last night. Dude was hella juiced that I died first with Kshatriya and he went into cost over with Wing Zero TV when he died and then came back to immediately die again.
Then I sent him a message back to try and rile him up by saying "I'm not the one who died twice ;)"
To be fair it was definitely my fault we lost the match, but it was my first match of the day and I was Kshatriya, which is the suit I use when I get warmed up, not my getting warmed up suit. But you don't gotta be like that about it, this is why I told stanley1993 that he doesn't have to apologize for not doing well, anyone who gets crazy like this deserves to lose.

Beth Cyra

FedEx priority mail worked well in my area. It might also depend on where you buy the game from. I bought from NCSX. Everything there was great. Shipping took around 2 days.

Eh. Not so sure about that. Remember outside of the Battleship Libra they had zero Wing material in Full Boost's OP, so this could just be them finally giving Epyon and Zero some CG love.

Worried about the variant thing. Really hoping for Wing Gundam or Snow White and I'm terrified we will end up having a Black Zero EW.

akaoni

Banned
What's the cheapest way to purchase this title in the states (as of now)?

If you're buying it physically, probably like $75 + delivery/duty. If you're buying digitally you need to buy a 10000 JPY code for $115. I can sell you the code for a reduced cost if you want one. :3

http://www.play-asia.com/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-full-boost-paOS-13-49-en-70-728p.html

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...oost/cid=JP0700-NPJB00512_00-STANDARD00000000
http://www.play-asia.com/playstatio...r-japanese-network-paOS-13-49-en-70-3xk3.html

Gah Fear and Loathing getting way to much attention for how annoying their vocals are. Feel like they are piercing a small hole in my ear drum every time.

I mean hell, I'd rather TM Revolution's over singing ass compared to this, and kinda expect it in the next game op at this point haha.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I actually thought EXVS's OP was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of Full Boost's OP. Maxi Boost is legit bad though.

stanley1993

Neo Member
Heavy Arms is a really weird suit to play, I love him as a Gundam but I never play him, too many bad habits come along with him.

Got my first hate mail from Gundam last night. Dude was hella juiced that I died first with Kshatriya and he went into cost over with Wing Zero TV when he died and then came back to immediately die again.
Then I sent him a message back to try and rile him up by saying "I'm not the one who died twice ;)"

To be fair it was definitely my fault we lost the match, but it was my first match of the day and I was Kshatriya, which is the suit I use when I get warmed up, not my getting warmed up suit. But you don't gotta be like that about it, this is why I told stanley1993 that he doesn't have to apologize for not doing well, anyone who gets crazy like this deserves to lose.
Yeah, I don't get too disheartened about losing in player matches since it seems like it doesn't factor into anything (or does it?) but it is nice to see a streak of wins haha.

Eh. Not so sure about that. Remember outside of the Battleship Libra they had zero Wing material in Full Boost's OP, so this could just be them finally giving Epyon and Zero some CG love.

Worried about the variant thing. Really hoping for Wing Gundam or Snow White and I'm terrified we will end up having a Black Zero EW.

Yeah, wing gundam would be awesome. I'm not sure what this gundam is but it looks intense and would be cool if they add to Maxi.

16.jpg

Do we even know what snow white looks like?

Enron

Banned

gundam930's jp account confirmed

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I don't get too disheartened about losing in player matches since it seems like it doesn't factor into anything (or does it?) but it is nice to see a streak of wins haha.

Yeah, wing gundam would be awesome. I'm not sure what this gundam is but it looks intense and would be cool if they add to Maxi.

16.jpg

What the hell is that

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I thought The Catalyst was a pretty good song.

Its a shit song that belongs nowhere near a gundam game. seriously whoever keeps deciding on these bad songs needs to be colony dropped.

What we got for FB is only slightly better and now WTF is the MB song?! D:

i9KFHZn.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Its a shit song that belongs nowhere near a gundam game. seriously whoever keeps deciding on these bad songs needs to be colony dropped.

What we got for FB is only slightly better and now WTF is the MB song?! D:

i9KFHZn.jpg

Eh. I guess we have different tastes in music. I liked it. Plus I liked it how the visuals synced up real well.

Beth Cyra

What the hell is that

WTF? Gundam D. Wolfwood?

16.jpg

That Gundam is Prometheus. It is the next Gundam in the line of Heavyarms, though it's only at 80% complete. The suit comes from the novels Frozen Teardrop, and has had several pilots.

As it stands it puts both Heavyarms Kai and Leopard Destroy to absolute shame. On top of all that, that Giant Cross actually houses a Nuclear War head as well as being a crazy Gatling weapon.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Here's my belated review, hope people don't mind me posting it here:

http://www.mechadamashii.com/reviews/reviews-gundam-extreme-versus-full-boost-910/
Wow, it might just be me, but it feels really weird to read a review written by multiple people which refer to themselves in plural.

Pretty solid review, but I would add how annoying it is that the online arcade mode doesn't allow you to view the and just sets you on a set path (should've been done like the offline coop version) and that you can't create a room to do online FB missions. Having to invite the same person X times just because you want to do more than one missions can be a chore.

Cacophanus

Wow, it might just be me, but it feels really weird to read a review written by multiple people which refer to themselves in plural.

Fair dos, always written my reviews like that

Pretty solid review, but I would add how annoying it is that the online arcade mode doesn't allow you to view the and just sets you on a set path (should've been done like the offline coop version) and that you can't create a room to do online FB missions. Having to invite the same person X times just because you want to do more than one missions can be a chore.

Yeah, the co-op was a bit odd and finicky. Though the online pass is a much bigger deal for me.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Finally got another PSN card so will get DLC tonight and see you guys online again with my janky ass Zudah tomorrow :D

Might break out the TGIII a few rounds.

That Gundam is Prometheus. It is the next Gundam in the line of Heavyarms, though it's only at 80% complete. The suit comes from the novels Frozen Teardrop, and has had several pilots.

As it stands it puts both Heavyarms Kai and Leopard Destroy to absolute shame. On top of all that, that Giant Cross actually houses a Nuclear War head as well as being a crazy Gatling weapon.

For someone who isn't a huge Heavyarms kind of guy, I really like the design of that lol.

So are there any translations for the Japanese Wiki yet?

I was looking at Turn A's page and google translate isn't helping me at all. I have no clue what cumshot N or morphism N are... lol

Top Bottom