• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The base health for either of the two Kapools is far bellow that of a 2K. Sochie's Kapool has only a little bit more HP than a 1k. It means you are in an extremely risky situation at any point because if you are not at max health or without full meter you could potentially be take down in a single combo if the opponent uses meter.

Not to mention that both Kapool's are rather mediocre at their intended roles. Basically it's a suit with little to no benefits and major drawbacks. Anyone but experienced players should avoid using it.

Its the Sodom / Birdie of the game lol. Use to make other players sad.

double posting for the lulz

Think I found a new more permanent second unit for my roster. The Ez-8.

One of the main reasons besides its speed would be I can use the 180mm Cannon in a similar way as the Zudahs. Reloading is faster too but damage output is a lower. Seems to be slightly more inaccurate but that could just be me imagining things.

No, you're right, the Zudah's shots are more accurate - the Ez8 makes up for it with its larger red lock radius and its angled shots, which can go over most objects.

You can forget about that top right .jiff, though - its melee is only slightly better than it was in vanilla EXVS, which was terrible. You certainly won't be charging through anything with the suit!

Parakeetman

No, you're right, the Zudah's shots are more accurate - the Ez8 makes up for it with its larger red lock radius and its angled shots, which can go over most objects.

You can forget about that top right .jiff, though - its melee is only slightly better than it was in vanilla EXVS, which was terrible. You certainly won't be charging through anything with the suit!

Yeah I dont like most of the melee movesets it has unfortunately. Thankfully the weapons and recharging support make up for that. The super is kinda too easy to get yourself killed with though since you get locked into place and if your target isnt stunned not that great of a successful hit rate. Even if some of the shots connect its not like it does that much damage.

Good point about the arced shots, that has helped a bit for pop and shoot when behind something.

Yeah I dont like most of the melee movesets it has unfortunately. Thankfully the weapons and recharging support make up for that. The super is kinda too easy to get yourself killed with though since you get locked into place and if your target isnt stunned not that great of a successful hit rate. Even if some of the shots connect its not like it does that much damage.

Yeah, the super is pretty bad when you're out in the open. On the plus side, the EZ-8 can switch targets during the duration of it, so you can just spam mortar shots at either or both opponents until the super's over. It's useful when everyone else is tangled up with each other - just not in most other situations.

Good point about the arced shots, that has helped a bit for pop and shoot when behind something.

It's also good for long-range shots in general, since it tracks a bit better than the cannon's shots. The only drawbacks are that it's even slower than the standard shot, and that the camera movement can be a bit disorienting. Then again, I'm biased - ask anyone in GundamGAF, I'm a mortar monster.

Parakeetman

Yeah, the super is pretty bad when you're out in the open. On the plus side, the Gun-EZ can switch targets during the duration of it, so you can just spam mortar shots at either or both opponents for the duration of the move. It's useful when everyone else is tangled up with each other - just not in any other situation.

It's also good for long-range shots in general, since it tracks a bit better than the cannon's shots. The only drawbacks are that it's even slower than the standard shot, and that the camera movement can be a bit disorienting. Then again, I'm biased - ask anyone in GundamGAF, I'm a mortar monster.

Considering I main the Zudah can see the draw to units like that. I should go mess with the Hildorf next.

Totally random but I lol'd
fcjup.jpg

Considering I main the Zudah can see the draw to units like that. I should go mess with the Hildorf next.

Totally random but I lol'd

heh

Nice choice. I can't figure out Hildolfr for the life of me. Its movement is such a shift from everything that most of the other suits have to deal with, it's really throwing me off. And apparently the suit mode is important now, which is just blowing my mind. Gotta build up that muscle memory!

heh

Nice choice. I can't figure out Hildolfr for the life of me. Its movement is such a shift from everything that most of the other suits have to deal with, it's really throwing me off. And apparently the suit mode is important now, which is just blowing my mind. Gotta build up that muscle memory!

All about dat tank melee.

Parakeetman

heh

Folks Ive watched in the arcades just go insane with spinning around the map and shooting. Keeping their distance and doing constant knockdowns.

Beckx

But after that my friend wanted to do one match partnered with me and we ended up staying up for 18 matches losing to this terrible Wing TV. His partner was pretty damn good and that was fine, but I couldn't stand the idea of this terrible wing going on this long winning spree playing the way he was. I'm always a happy go lucky sort of guy online, but people using these ridiculously good suits as a super-crutch drives me insane.

If that's the situation, why not counter him by picking WZTV as well?

-----------------------

In other news, Cecily is now my best friend.

Honestly if the player is actually bad at them game then it won't make a difference what they pick. Especially when with a 3K suit and they don't know how to play it. They'll just eat up the cost and return very little for it.
I've seen some really good Wing TV's, this guy wasn't there. He was blessed with having an amazing teammate that was godlike at harassing and distracting, whenever we came close to beating them was when we all but ignored the Wing TV. Whatever, I guess it's a strategy, they played to their strengths and covered their weakness. We're all entitled to some salt every now and then.

You can charge up his Rocket Punch and throw it after some of his basic melee combos to tag on some extra damage. As for switching red to green, you can cancel out of it as soon as their hands touch--you'll hear it too. Any sooner and you'll cancel the actual tag.

Kapool is considered the 'worst' of the 2000 costs, so don't feel too bad if you're not wildly successful with them for a while.
Thanks, I was doing pretty well with them last night. Sochie is way worse in my opinion, I used her mostly for distraction and did the big damage with Corin. I'm going to try and stick with them for a little bit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do I have to "redeem" these free Navis or something or do they just stay unlocked for me forever?

Bought a 10000yen card. Purchased Full Boost on my 2nd Japan account then used left over yen on my 1st Japanese to buy an online pass.

Please ignore the mess on my desk
5Dyp8jg.jpg

Now all I need are friends... that would play this game :(.

Bought a 10000yen card. Purchased Full Boost on my 2nd Japan account then used left over yen on my 1st Japanese to buy an online pass.

Please ignore the mess on my desk
5Dyp8jg.jpg

Now all I need are friends... that would play this game :(.

Add homies from GAF! We're always down to play

DEk19za.jpg

We've been talking about having a set-team night. Hoping to improve teamwork. The question is, of course, how do we choose teams? Do you get to choose your own teammate, or would it be better if we did it randomly and switched teammates every 10 matches or so?

Either way, I feel like that would be fun. It might be unappealing to those without a teammate in mind or people who put a lot of value in their W/L percentage.

DEk19za.jpg

We've been talking about having a set-team night. Hoping to improve teamwork. The question is, of course, how do we choose teams? Do you get to choose your own teammate, or would it be better if we did it randomly and switched teammates every 10 matches or so?

Either way, I feel like that would be fun. It might be unappealing to those without a teammate in mind or people who put a lot of value in their W/L percentage.

I'd be down for that. Let people people pick at first and then have everyone switch every now and then, do it like the person on the bottom goes to the team on the right and the person on top goes to the left. It might be a nightmare to organize that way, but it could work.

Most of the Gaffers I've played with are already great at working together (regardless of overall skill), it's more the random people in NA/EU rooms that have the trouble. I swear it's more like two 2v1 matches going on simultaneously with some of the people I get paired with in these shuffle rooms.

matmanx1

Started messing around with Arios this morning in the Mission mode just to have another suit to level up. I really had no expectations for Arios but I find myself really liking the mobility and focus on beam weapons.

Unfortunately I can't find any information on his move list to see what I might be missing. Does anyone have experience with Arios or a link to some updated move lists?

Ken

Is there anywhere to read about EXVS advanced/fundamental techniques? I know there's YT videos in the OP but I was wondering if there was written material for it anywhere.

That's beautiful. Were you responding to him, or was he not the host and had to keep playing with you?
No, I didn't respond to him. Those were over the span of two losing matches. We won some too. Sure he was miles better than me but sheesh, like get fucked with that attitude. Next time I see that guy I ain't playing.

Still, highlight of the night was getting to kick a ton of people in the face with Kamille's Mk-II and even managed to get some successful EX attacks off. Coolest attack in the game without a doubt.

Is there anywhere to read about EXVS advanced/fundamental techniques? I know there's YT videos in the OP but I was wondering if there was written material for it anywhere.
There's not just videos in the OP, but this very meaty guide as well.

No, I didn't respond to him. Those were over the span of two losing matches. We won some too. Sure he was miles better than me but sheesh, like get fucked with that attitude. Next time I see that guy I ain't playing.

I don't know. Like I said, in our match the loss was largely on me, but he wasn't exactly doing too hot himself. I may have died first, but he wasn't very far behind me. He seemed to be a painfully average Wing TV that probably had a lucky streak, which prompted him to go get himself a high horse so he could complain everytime he lost.

Parakeetman

I don't know. Like I said, in our match the loss was largely on me, but he wasn't exactly doing too hot himself. I may have died first, but he wasn't very far behind me. He seemed to be a painfully average Wing TV that probably had a lucky streak, which prompted him to go get himself a high horse so he could complain everytime he lost.

Just forget about it man. You will meet shitbirds everywhere in games or not. Keep yourself wrapped up in thought about it too much and next thing you know it will be plugging holes in your stomach at the local ER.

Play the game, blow up shit, have fun. Ignore the rest of the bullshit. :)

Keylow415

im getting my teeth kicked in playing online. lol i just dont know how to deal with people rushing me down with melee. still fun tho

Parakeetman

im getting my teeth kicked in playing online. lol i just dont know how to deal with people rushing me down with melee. still fun tho

If you practice blocking it can help give you a window to counter attack due to them getting stunned for a sec from the block.

Asides from that not much else you can do apart from getting better with movement and always try to keep a gap between you and your target. Try to stay near your partner too so you will be in their firing range to help assist and vice versa.

Just forget about it man. You will meet shitbirds everywhere in games or not. Keep yourself wrapped up in thought about it too much and next thing you know it will be plugging holes in your stomach at the local ER.

Play the game, blow up shit, have fun. Ignore the rest of the bullshit. :)

But people like him are the best part about online games. How could I ever give that up?

Keylow415

If you practice blocking it can help give you a window to counter attack due to them getting stunned for a sec from the block.

Asides from that not much else you can do apart from getting better with movement and always try to keep a gap between you and your target. Try to stay near your partner too so you will be in their firing range to help assist and vice versa.

yea i lose where i am all the time and i having a problem knowing where people are at some times i get tunnel vision and lose track of things.

Parakeetman

yea i lose where i am all the time and i having a problem knowing where people are at some times i get tunnel vision and lose track of things.

The more you play the more you will get used to things. Just dont give up, it will come with time. That and there are some maps which just benefit melee players more than others too due to the landscape. Keep glancing at the mini radar as it helps on occasion.

Keylow415

The more you play the more you will get used to things. Just dont give up, it will come with time. That and there are some maps which just benefit melee players more than others too due to the landscape. Keep glancing at the mini radar as it helps on occasion.

i going to keep playing i love the game its just i feel overwhelmed sometimes and dont know what to do in certain situations . ive been playing these game sense fed vs zaft but never really play with other people before vanilla and just didnt play that much so its still new to me playing with other people.

Parakeetman

i going to keep playing i love the game its just i feel overwhelmed sometimes and dont know what to do in certain situations . ive been playing these game sense fed vs zaft but never really play with other people before vanilla and just didnt play that much so its still new to me playing with other people.

yeah real players Vs. AI are just two totally different beasts, though must say that fighting against humans is just so much more exciting due to being all that more unpredictable.

Ken

Hm, I downloadied the 1.8 GB file for what I imagine is the extra songs for G Sound edition but they aren't showing up in the Briefing Room/BGM option?

1emons

Neo Member
Hm, I downloadied the 1.8 GB file for what I imagine is the extra songs for G Sound edition but they aren't showing up in the Briefing Room/BGM option?
You can only replace songs. Press O on a song that you want to switch out and it will bring up a menu with all of the music available on your PS3

Top Bottom