• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'll have to show you how I play Patrick's GN-X first.

9GQipBM.png

Mother of god thats a zudah beautiful custom.

So I'm trying to properly figure out my buying options. I own 2 PS3s. I know that game uses an online pass but I was thinking, I buy the game digitally on one system then make a 2nd Japanese PSN account and buy hust an online pass for my 2nd PS3. But, when I log into the Japanese PSN store it doesn't seem to allow one to buy just the online pass on its own. Was I looking at the wrong entry?

JKTrix

Have you launched the game with the 2nd JP account yet? If it really wasn't letting you buy it, it may be because it thinks you don't have the game yet.

Have you launched the game with the 2nd JP account yet? If it really wasn't letting you buy it, it may be because it thinks you don't have the game yet.

I haven't bought the game yet. I was thinking it over while showering, and figured I must have to buy the online pass in game. Thanks for the confirmation.

Apharmd

New guys - The reason I tell you to join the IRC channel is to hook you up with games from people of similar skill level. And if you fight against people who are better than you, they can give you direct feedback on how to improve and what you're doing incorrectly. Trust me, this is helping me too because I'm trying to get other people IRL to play this game regularly and the way to do that is to keep their interest up. The best way I see that is by having them play matches with people who are evolving with them.

I may sound like a broken record at this point but I really, really really want more people to have fun with this game. It's friggin' awesome.

Aizo

Banned
I hope you all are still playing near the end of the year. I'll surely need some feedback on how to play better...

Shouta

So I'm trying to properly figure out my buying options. I own 2 PS3s. I know that game uses an online pass but I was thinking, I buy the game digitally on one system then make a 2nd Japanese PSN account and buy hust an online pass for my 2nd PS3. But, when I log into the Japanese PSN store it doesn't seem to allow one to buy just the online pass on its own. Was I looking at the wrong entry?

Are you looking at the one that's 7980 yen? The online pass is under that option.

Parakeetman

Wait do you plan on owning two copies of the game? Or just using 2 different JPSN accounts?

Since the online pass is tied to your account and if you only have 1 copy of the game and plan on using it on a single account then you just need 1 online pass.

If you are planning on having 1 copy of the game but using 2 different JPSN accounts then yes you need to buy another online pass for the 2nd account.

Though if you have 2 copies / plan on buying 2 copies of the game then you dont need to buy a second online pass as both versions would have it already included.

Wait do you plan on owning two copies of the game? Or just using 2 different JPSN accounts?

Since the online pass is tied to your account and if you only have 1 copy of the game and plan on using it on a single account then you just need 1 online pass.

If you are planning on having 1 copy of the game but using 2 different JPSN accounts then yes you need to buy another online pass for the 2nd account.

Though if you have 2 copies / plan on buying 2 copies of the game then you dont need to buy a second online pass as both versions would have it already included.

1 copy, 2 accounts, 2 PS3s.

New guys - The reason I tell you to join the IRC channel is to hook you up with games from people of similar skill level. And if you fight against people who are better than you, they can give you direct feedback on how to improve and what you're doing incorrectly. Trust me, this is helping me too because I'm trying to get other people IRL to play this game regularly and the way to do that is to keep their interest up. The best way I see that is by having them play matches with people who are evolving with them.

I may sound like a broken record at this point but I really, really really want more people to have fun with this game. It's friggin' awesome.

Will try to hook up with the IRQ channel coming saturday. Finally got my game last week but my first time online showed me that I need help improving. Have totatlly fallen in love with the X-divider so will try to learn that.

Parakeetman

1 copy, 2 accounts, 2 PS3s.

The 2 PS3 thing really shouldnt matter, its more just registering the other online code with your 2nd JPSN account.

I have the same thing 2 JPSN accounts and 2 online codes. 1 with the game and the other purchased for 1000 yen.

The 2nd PS3 really doesnt come into play besides if its digital / downloading it to that machine. :)

Subxero

After watching some videos this looks really good. I have a few questions though.

1. I see that I would have to have a JP account. I do. Is this just to register the pass and get dlc? Could I still play on my NA PSN account as long as the JP one is present?

2. With the cost being just under $100. Will it be worth importing say in a month or two? Will it be readily available in disc format? I would rather own the disc than digital.

3. Does the premium version only add music or is there any other content included?

I tried to read through most of the thread this morning. I apologize if any or all of these are stupid questions.

I really wish these would get localized. I understand why somethings aren't, like Kamen Rider (I just ordered today) but I thought Gundam was popular in the US.

Luigi87

After watching some videos this looks really good. I have a few questions though.

1. I see that I would have to have a JP account. I do. Is this just to register the pass and get dlc? Could I still play on my NA PSN account as long as the JP one is present?

2. With the cost being just under $100. Will it be worth importing say in a month or two? Will it be readily available in disc format? I would rather own the disc than digital.

3. Does the premium version only add music or is there any other content included?

I tried to read through most of the thread this morning. I apologize if any or all of these are stupid questions.

I really wish these would get localized. I understand why somethings aren't, like Kamen Rider (I just ordered today) but I thought Gundam was popular in the US.

1. Unfortunately no. The online pass is tied to JP accounts (since it doesn't exist on NA servers), so you would be required to play online using your JP account.

2. It should be, but of course it's also worth importing now!

3. Just music.

1. You can only play online on a JP account since the online pass will be tied to that. Unfortunately you cannot redeem Japanese codes on another region
2. I don't see why it wouldn't be available, the game is pretty damn popular in Japan
3. Just music, no content is excluded from the regular edition.

If you like Gundam you should definitely check it out. I was never even into Gundam in general and I fell in love with the game. It also got me into building more gunpla and watching the shows. It really is a fantastic game.

-The online pass has to be registered to a JP account, and unlike DLC it doesn't transfer between all accounts on the PS3 so you have to play on the JP account.
-You mean to wait for the price to drop? I doubt it'll drop for a while. If you just need to save a bit then you should be able to find it with relative ease.
-Pretty sure it's only music. Kind of a rip in my opinion, if you really want the music just play it off your computer.

Like a lot of Gundam things, it's caught up in weird Japanese copyright laws regarding audio that wouldn't be worth sorting out for what would probably be pretty lackluster Western sales.

Ken

I need to stop being lazy and make my Japanese PSN account so I can get smashed online.

btw when is a real GM getting added to the game

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Where the hell is Judau in that pic? She wanted his D from the beginning of ZZ lol.

Every female in ZZ wanted Judau's D. To the point where it caused infighting among comrades

Judau blessed with the greatest Newtype ability in the series.

Seishin

Oh neat, the Patrick DLC is out. I should look into that.

Also after many struggles, I finally managed to get through boss rush mode. After throwing every 2k/3k unit I can remotely play with at it, I managed to get through it with... Ez8. 1k suits aren't too shabby, haha.

Hilariously though, once I decided to upload the video of said boss rush run to youtube to show some friends the gameplay and bosses and stuff, it got hit with like 10 copyright claims and was blocked globally in like half an hour or so.

How do you guys avoid those things when you upload gameplay?

Shingin

How do you guys avoid those things when you upload gameplay?

A few ways you can avoid being flagged on youtube

• Dont use any music with vocals in it, replace it with a custom bgm or turn the music off.
  • Pitch/Freq shift the entire video.

Keep in mind replays will play the default bgm and will ignore custom bgm.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to play tonight, I'm not quite feeling the Gundam mojo right now. Through some strange twist of fate I got like a 42% win rate and I don't know how that happened, but now I'm starting to feel a bit obligated to keep it up even though in my heart I couldn't care less if I lose.

I also want to start playing as Kapool, but I can't figure out a good melee combo for Corin, the standard one doesn't really work for him. I'm also having trouble with my tag-ins, I see people tagging really quick and cancelling it, but when I do it the boost cancel it stops the tag in from happening. Definitely a different animal from Tallgeese, Efreet, and Kshatriya.

Ken

I don't use PSN much but are the 2 day 1 suits still free and how do I get them? From the game's store page I'm guessing?

Parakeetman

Thanks.

It says my network latency is 3 bar or so yellow. That's okay right? @_@

Mine drops to red at times like when connecting to Donkey for example but everything works just fine. Still must say this games netcode is pretty impressive considering.

Had a below average night, lost more than I won, no biggie.
But after that my friend wanted to do one match partnered with me and we ended up staying up for 18 matches losing to this terrible Wing TV. His partner was pretty damn good and that was fine, but I couldn't stand the idea of this terrible wing going on this long winning spree playing the way he was. I'm always a happy go lucky sort of guy online, but people using these ridiculously good suits as a super-crutch drives me insane. This is the closest I've ever been to sending hate mail, and I think I cursed more in the last 40 minutes than I have in the past year. At least I can sleep easy knowing the second he switched suits we put him on full blast, even if his partner still took us for the match.
I'll just chalk it up to it being 3:30am and barely being awake.

Edit: Moral of the story: Don't play gundam when you're extremely tired. And if you do, don't think staying up progressively later and getting even more tired and impatient will increase your odds of winning.

Parakeetman

double posting for the lulz

Think I found a new more permanent second unit for my roster. The Ez-8.

One of the main reasons besides its speed would be I can use the 180mm Cannon in a similar way as the Zudahs. Reloading is faster too but damage output is a lower. Seems to be slightly more inaccurate but that could just be me imagining things.

Had a below average night, lost more than I won, no biggie.
But after that my friend wanted to do one match partnered with me and we ended up staying up for 18 matches losing to this terrible Wing TV. His partner was pretty damn good and that was fine, but I couldn't stand the idea of this terrible wing going on this long winning spree playing the way he was. I'm always a happy go lucky sort of guy online, but people using these ridiculously good suits as a super-crutch drives me insane. This is the closest I've ever been to sending hate mail, and I think I cursed more in the last 40 minutes than I have in the past year. At least I can sleep easy knowing the second he switched suits we put him on full blast, even if his partner still took us for the match.
I'll just chalk it up to it being 3:30am and barely being awake.

Honestly if the player is actually bad at them game then it won't make a difference what they pick. Especially when with a 3K suit and they don't know how to play it. They'll just eat up the cost and return very little for it.

JKTrix

Edit: Moral of the story: Don't play gundam when you're extremely tired. And if you do, don't think staying up progressively later and getting even more tired and impatient will increase your odds of winning.
This is pretty much me after every work day. I really want to play, but I'm not 'alive' enough to handle playing with other people. And every day I don't play, everyone else gets better.
I also want to start playing as Kapool, but I can't figure out a good melee combo for Corin, the standard one doesn't really work for him. I'm also having trouble with my tag-ins, I see people tagging really quick and cancelling it, but when I do it the boost cancel it stops the tag in from happening. Definitely a different animal from Tallgeese, Efreet, and Kshatriya.
You can charge up his Rocket Punch and throw it after some of his basic melee combos to tag on some extra damage. As for switching red to green, you can cancel out of it as soon as their hands touch--you'll hear it too. Any sooner and you'll cancel the actual tag.

Kapool is considered the 'worst' of the 2000 costs, so don't feel too bad if you're not wildly successful with them for a while.

NEO0MJ

Kapool is considered the 'worst' of the 2000 costs, so don't feel too bad if you're not wildly successful with them for a while.

Kapool and Epyon are the only units in the game considered to be C rank so that tells you something about them.

Parakeetman

This is pretty much me after every work day. I really want to play, but I'm not 'alive' enough to handle playing with other people. And every day I don't play, everyone else gets better.

You can charge up his Rocket Punch and throw it after some of his basic melee combos to tag on some extra damage. As for switching red to green, you can cancel out of it as soon as their hands touch--you'll hear it too. Any sooner and you'll cancel the actual tag.

I thought Kapool was pretty awesome due to having 2 separate units to mess with. Its just that its more of an advanced user unit eh?

I thought Kapool was pretty awesome due to having 2 separate units to mess with. Its just that its more of an advanced user unit eh?

The base health for either of the two Kapools is far bellow that of a 2K. Sochie's Kapool has only a little bit more HP than a 1k. It means you are in an extremely risky situation at any point because if you are not at max health or without full meter you could potentially be take down in a single combo if the opponent uses meter.

Not to mention that both Kapool's are rather mediocre at their intended roles. Basically it's a suit with little to no benefits and major drawbacks. Anyone but experienced players should avoid using it.

Top Bottom