• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Two more weeks. Rofl international shipping :/

7qnqq3X.jpg

Beckx

Played an extended infinite life/time 1v1 with my son yesterday. My F91 getting terrorized by X1. Stuff of nightmares.

Then we marathon'd the rest of GBF and ordered gunpla.

Good day.

Parakeetman

Played an extended infinite life/time 1v1 with my son yesterday. My F91 getting terrorized by X1. Stuff of nightmares.

Good day.

I really wish the game kept scores when you play infinite life matches just to see what kind of results you have after. D: Would help when Im just messing around against the AI to see how I did overall.

sounds like a good day though, what kits did you guys order?

Good day.

bwahaha - sounds like my afternoon! Daughters are nearing the end of Turn A and we played EXVSFB for about an hour (younger daughter mains Turn A and older one is moving from Unicorn to Turn X). No gunpla here, but they're starting to ask.

Beckx

Star Build Strike, X Maoh, and Sengoku Astray for the kids.

F91 and another (sekrit) kit for my kitbashed F91.

Plus a bunch of the custom build parts.

NEO0MJ

bwahaha - sounds like my afternoon! Daughters are nearing the end of Turn A and we played EXVSFB for about an hour (younger daughter mains Turn A and older one is moving from Unicorn to Turn X).

I wish we could have a little league cup, I bet my lil' bro can beat your kids. He mains Arios Gundam.

NEO0MJ

haha, Little League Gundam. Begin Plavsky particle dispersion...

Launching!

What is the best Gundam anime that I should watch cause I've only seen one

That depends. Which one did you watch? Anyways most suggest watching the original first. If you want to save time you can watch the Compilation Movie trilogy instead of the episodes, that's how I did it. After that you should watch either Zeta Gundam, Mobile Fighter G Gundam or Turn A Gundam (Turn A is my favorite Gundam series).

Parakeetman

I will be rocking a fightstick from here on forth.

Truthfully I just find it so much easier to play on a fightstick. Something doesnt feel right on a pad. Just could be since I have been with the series originally in the arcades. lol

Rhapsody

Banned
Having your fingers on all buttons makes the fightstick so much easier and worth it. Even though some people map buttons to the L and R buttons, those triggers...

Damnit guys maybe I'll use a fight stick.

Well it was an arcade game first so it's designed around an arcade stick setup.

The game is still pad friendly, it's not like you need to really do any complicated maneuvers or anything. You could probably map the three attack buttons to the shoulder buttons to make the combinations easier to do and everything as well.

I started on pad but I ordered a new stick for this game since I needed a PS3 stick anyways. After playing fighters exclusively on stick for several years now I just feel more comfortable doing double taps and stuff with one. But again, this game is very pad friendly.

The End

So... I guess this the only place to ask.

Gundam Extreme Vs. (playstation the best) is on sale on Play-Asia right now, and it's cheap enough ($30) for me to jump in, but now that Full Boost is out, I'm awfully tempted to grab that. So... other than the number of units, how is full boost an improvement? One of the better reviews I've read (Mecha Damashii) seemed to think that Full Boost was a huge DLC cash-in, but they still gave it 9/10.

"Gundam Extreme Vs. (playstation the best) is on sale on Play-Asia right now, and it's cheap enough ($30) for me to jump in, but now that Full Boost is out, I'm awfully tempted to grab that. So... other than the number of units, how is full boost an improvement? One of the better reviews I've read (Mecha Damashii) seemed to think that Full Boost was a huge DLC cash-in, but they still gave it 9/10."

Full Boost has a host of game mechanics changes and I'd imagine the online community has completely shifted to Full Boost. Full Boost also has a different mission/arcade mode.

There's no reason to get the first version.

andymcc

Banned
So... I guess this the only place to ask.

Gundam Extreme Vs. (playstation the best) is on sale on Play-Asia right now, and it's cheap enough ($30) for me to jump in, but now that Full Boost is out, I'm awfully tempted to grab that. So... other than the number of units, how is full boost an improvement? One of the better reviews I've read (Mecha Damashii) seemed to think that Full Boost was a huge DLC cash-in, but they still gave it 9/10.

the same review remarks how much different the game is mechanically. you're cherry-picking the review....

The End

"Gundam Extreme Vs. (playstation the best) is on sale on Play-Asia right now, and it's cheap enough ($30) for me to jump in, but now that Full Boost is out, I'm awfully tempted to grab that. So... other than the number of units, how is full boost an improvement? One of the better reviews I've read (Mecha Damashii) seemed to think that Full Boost was a huge DLC cash-in, but they still gave it 9/10."

Full Boost has a host of game mechanics changes and I'd imagine the online community has completely shifted to Full Boost. Full Boost also has a different mission/arcade mode.

There's no reason to get the first version.

Well, it is $45 cheaper, so there's that.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it is $45 cheaper, so there's that.

Your options:

- Buy the older game for 45 dollars cheaper and probably not be able to find a game online with any people in the west. Definitely won't find anyone on GAF

- Buy Full Boost now and play with a healthy US player base and Gundam Gaf pretty regularly.

- Wait a few months until FB gets a BEST release and buy that to play with a slightly less active US playerbase. Also everyone active has been playing for months vs now where there are alot of new players.

So basically you gotta assess what you want more. To save a few dollars or to play the game now. Only way to have it both ways is to buy the obsolete version.

The End

Your options:

- Buy the older game for 45 dollars cheaper and probably not be able to find a game online with any people in the west. Definitely won't find anyone on GAF

- Buy Full Boost now and play with a healthy US player base and Gundam Gaf pretty regularly.

- Wait a few months until FB gets a BEST release and buy that to play with a slightly less active US playerbase. Also everyone active has been playing for months vs now where there are alot of new players.

So basically you gotta assess what you want more. To save a few dollars or to play the game now. Only way to have it both ways is to buy the obsolete version.

Fair enough. I'm getting the impresison that MP is really the draw, and the single player campaign/missions are more like the Sp from a fighting game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough. I'm getting the impresison that MP is really the draw, and the single player campaign/missions are more like the Sp from a fighting game.

Right. and that's what Teknopathetic mostly meant when he said "There's no reason to get the first version."

I wish we could have a little league cup, I bet my lil' bro can beat your kids. He mains Arios Gundam.

To be fair, the girls are 8 and 11, and the 8 year old is the better one. She mains Turn A.

Speaking of Turn A, we finished the series today. Holy shit, Sochie got robbed.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, the girls are 8 and 11, and the 8 year old is the better one. She mains Turn A.

Speaking of Turn A, we finished the series today. Holy shit, Sochie got robbed.

I just found out a couple weeks ago that Sochie and Loran actually do end up together romantically.

At the end of Turn A Diana and Kihel switch places because Diana is dying from a fatal degenerative disease as a result of being in cryogenic sleep for so long. Loran accompanies Diana on a mission to take care of her until she eventually succumbs to the disease leaving Sochie behind, which is why he kisses her.

At least that's according to wiki.

I choose to believe it because like you said, Sochie got fuckin robbed otherwise

Jaeger

Should I get the digital version, or buy the physical release? I know I need to get on it, so I can get that extra DLC before the 28th.

Should I get the digital version, or buy the physical release? I know I need to get on it, so I can get that extra DLC before the 28th.

Well it really just depends on your preference. I think the physical copy comes with a code for an extra HUD but I'm not sure.

Started playing around with Gottrlatan and she's really fun to use. Having two gerobis is so nice. Was doing better with her than I was with X2 tonight.

Keylow415

i bought the digital version and with the extra yen got most of the DLC so it worked out for me and the game is not that large. it little of 8gigs which is not bad and its cool to have the game on the hard drive but u have to play it on your Japanese account because of the online pass. and its faster too lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hm, I downloadied the 1.8 GB file for what I imagine is the extra songs for G Sound edition but they aren't showing up in the Briefing Room/BGM option?
You can only replace songs. Press O on a song that you want to switch out and it will bring up a menu with all of the music available on your PS3
PGS Edition not expanding available song slots is why nobody should buy it.

The price of knowledge is steep. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Speaking of BGM editing, pulling songs from PS3 Media Server onto your PS3 hard drive for in-game use is trivially easy, and everything works great in terms of metadata although some long Japanese album titles can get corrupted along the way.

...and Dudley's SF4 theme works hilariously well.

Ken

Speaking of BGM editing, pulling songs from PS3 Media Server onto your PS3 hard drive for in-game use is trivially easy, and everything works great in terms of metadata although some long Japanese album titles can get corrupted along the way.

...and Dudley's SF4 theme works hilariously well.

How do you even get songs from a CD onto a PS3? I plan to replace like 50% of the songs with GBF OST when I get it, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to doing anything on the PS3 that isn't just playing games.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How do you even get songs from a CD onto a PS3? I plan to replace like 50% of the songs with GBF OST when I get it, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to doing anything on the PS3 that isn't just playing games.
Ah, well the method I described relies on an already established digital music library on a desktop computer. I think it might still be easier to just do the CD ripping on computer first then get it copied to the PS3.

Ken

Ah, well the method I described relies on an already established digital music library on a desktop computer. I think it might still be easier to just do the CD ripping on computer first then get it copied to the PS3.

I can just do this through a USB stick?

Rhapsody

Banned
I can just do this through a USB stick?

Just put your songs in a folder called "MUSIC" in the root directory of your USB before doing the copy.

Also to note, the PS3 is a bit weird. For some odd reason the PS3 won't find any songs if you placed them two (?) folders in the MUSIC folder.

NEO0MJ

Going after that top tier 'stache. My lil' bro is also 8. I should introduce him to gundam but I don't know which one to start with. It has to be english dubbed as he can't read english fast enough, plus the show can't be risque, so that eliminates the original. Maybe G Gundam?

Physical, makes it easier to travel with the game plus it saves valuable space. Just ho with EMS shipping.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Just put your songs in a folder called "MUSIC" in the root directory of your USB before doing the copy.

Also to note, the PS3 is a bit weird. For some odd reason the PS3 won't find any songs if you placed them two (?) folders in the MUSIC folder.
Or you can, you know, place them anywhere then just press Triangle over the drive and select "Display all"

Top Bottom