• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

">.> I'll have to bring out my wires for my router lol."

This would be why you're not getting what you should be from your ISP.

The problem is that the office room where the router is makes wiring to my room a pain in the ass. But yeah I'll connect when I get the game so I can play with you guys without lag.

Aizo

Banned
Fantastic OP. I was looking forward to reading details in an OP to help me play Full Boost at the arcades. I won't be picking this up until probably this Fall, when I leave J-land for a bit. I might go test my luck at the arcade today, though! I literally lose every time (but I haven't played since December 'cause I got tired of getting whipped).

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The problem is that the office room where the router is makes wiring to my room a pain in the ass. But yeah I'll connect when I get the game so I can play with you guys without lag.
Powerline ethernet?
No need for wiring, works like a charm and miles better than using wifi

I'm starting to get a bit disheartened by this. There are only so many more times I can turn it on and proceed to lose for 2 hours straight. I've read the beginners guide multiple times, I've watched videos, I can dispatch the CPU fairly easily(I know this means nothing), but I'm still just getting absolutely thrashed online.

I can't seem to translate any of the information I have into practice. I constantly get hit with some kind of ranged attacked, while I miss with return fire. I am completely out maneuvered at close range which results in getting comboed to death. I think I've won a 1/4 of the games I've played and most of the time it's because my partner picks up the slack.

I'm starting to think I'm just no good at fighting games. It's a shame because I really want to get into this, but I feel like I'm making no progress at all.

Well Patrick seems like an inferior Johnny Ridden in pretty much every way. Someone find some secret Immortal Ace tech to make him more fun.

Edit: Nevermind! Seems like he has more complex melee shenanigans than Johnny. Time to find the most optimal combos.

Apharmd

I'm starting to get a bit disheartened by this. There are only so many more times I can turn it on and proceed to lose for 2 hours straight. I've read the beginners guide multiple times, I've watched videos, I can dispatch the CPU fairly easily(I know this means nothing), but I'm still just getting absolutely thrashed online.

I can't seem to translate any of the information I have into practice. I constantly get hit with some kind of ranged attacked, while I miss with return fire. I am completely out maneuvered at close range which results in getting comboed to death. I think I've won a 1/4 of the games I've played and most of the time it's because my partner picks up the slack.

I'm starting to think I'm just no good at fighting games. It's a shame because I really want to get into this, but I feel like I'm making no progress at all.

Join the #gafgundam channel on EsperNet, bro. People can help you out there.

Vids of the DLC units from just awhile ago in our GAF room.

Kamille's Gundam Mk-II - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_l8kcIk7X4
Luna's Impulse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMBK6ZrPQs
Patrick's GN-XIII - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdObMyGWpJc

Kamille's legit. Dem legs.

Phanatic8390 said:

Yup, like Apharmd said, hop in the chatroom and we'll help you out as much as we can. ^^

Shingro

Do the dlc mechs actually have different moves and suchlike? If they do do they tend towards being better or worse then the normally used mechs? I'm usure of what I need to shell out for

GGs to everyone in the room! I should probably join the IRC chat next time lol

I normally don't use X2 but I was having a lot of fun with him. Think I'll play him more often since doing CSa and cancelling with the mantle is really fun to do. I like X1 a lot but I struggle a lot with close-range gameplay so I guess X2 is more my style.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Vids of the DLC units from just awhile ago in our GAF room.

Kamille's Gundam Mk-II - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_l8kcIk7X4
Luna's Impulse - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFMBK6ZrPQs
Patrick's GN-XIII - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdObMyGWpJc

Kamille's legit. Dem legs.

Yup, like Apharmd said, hop in the chatroom and we'll help you out as much as we can. ^^

donkey so whats the verdict on Luna's Impulse?

the Mk-II looks like a must buy but that was a given lol

Good games to everyone in suupaashaa/supergoose's room, I think I'm finally starting to get more consistent with Kshatriya. Those 1000 cost DLC units are pretty dangerous, I may have to pick them up.

It's a weird game to get used to, it may sound like really generic advice, but keep at it. The game is probably 90% movement, if theres anything to take from videos you watch, it's the movement; when I was playing at the arcades in Japan I would have sworn those guys had on a cheat for unlimited boost. It doesn't come easy, but you'll get it (I still flub my movement and forget how to use my hands every now and then). If you're not doing well then make smaller goals within the match even if you don't win, try to at least get more points than your teammate, or aim to not be the last kill. I still do this, if I lose and still get the top score I basically count it as a win in my head, obviously it doesn't do anything to make you better, but losing is a lot less rough that way.

Your X2 is pretty good!
Thank you :)

You guys are really good too. Whoever was using the DLC units kept bodying me hard!

Trust me man, I've been there. I got hella salty the other night, and I had the exact same mindset (ask Mr Fahrenheit allll about it, I'm sure he was getting sick of my whining lol). But I kept trying and trying until the game finally clicked with me for real and I started having a lot more fun.

My biggest issue was that I was just shooting and boosting at random, once I learned to really aim for landings I got a lot more comfortable with the game. Everyone has to land eventually and that's the easiest way to rack up damage. I started doing much better once I got more patient and stopped rushing in so much. I still lose most of my matches but I do notice myself improving and it's a good feeling-- this game is really rewarding to learn.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah.

I mean if you're Mahvel you shouldn't have a problem but I don't fightman so my play style is completely block free.

Shouta

Just keep at it if you're losing. Everyone does when they start in this type of game. It's a different play paradigm than in fighting games so getting used to the movement and absorbing all of the information is tough in your first few months with it.

Don't take losing to heart either, especially if you're playing with folks like in gafgundam because we don't mind losing. Might get a bit salty but we're used to insanity and helping folks get better.

Blocking is easy on a pad. It's down then up.

Swiveling and Swerving is probably the hardest thing on a pad but can be done easily once you've practiced it a bit.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Kamille is awesome. Best EX. Luna is good, but has ammo problems. Still making it my 2k.

I block all the time on pad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Swerving is a lot easier for me. I only use the tip of my thumb so that probably contributes to it. The angle it rests on also makes it awkward to down-up because its position naturally tends toward downright-topleft, which can be anything depending on what other buttons you have going on at the time.

Maybe if I plan to block ahead of time, yeah, it's not so hard. But reaction blocks are impossible for me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah I should be fine then since i had to learn how to parry with Makoto in BB and Jam in GG and that was a back to forward motion instantly. Now I just gotta wait until next friday to jump on board the gundam train :D

Parakeetman

Ah I should be fine then since i had to learn how to parry with Makoto in BB and Jam in GG and that was a back to forward motion instantly. Now I just gotta wait until next friday to jump on board the gundam train :D

Oh shit Q is joining the party. :D lol should be interesting to see what happens when the game arrives. Donkey be making more addicts~

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh shit Q is joining the party. :D lol should be interesting to see what happens when the game arrives. Donkey be making more addicts~

I will destroy everyone. People will wish the game was 3 v 1 just make me balanced.

After losing nonstop for a month and no I will still suck after whoever get's partnered with me is screwed I'm bad at fighting games

Aizo

Banned
I went to the arcade again for the first time in two months.

I got stomped.

The part that makes me feel bad about playing at the arcades is that since it's team based, I'm also bringing my teammate down. The guy look across the cabs at me, and I just sorta bowed... and laughed off my shame. ;_;

donkey so whats the verdict on Luna's Impulse?

the Mk-II looks like a must buy but that was a given lol

Luna's Impulse is alright. Still has good mobility, but ugh at the ammo in Force. And Blast CSa is soooooo long. Kamille's tight. Dat BC kick soooo sick. And Patrick's cool as well. Gotta work to get damage, but rather mobile.

And now UK customs has my physical copy of Premium G... :(

Parakeetman

Luna's Impulse is alright. Still has good mobility, but ugh at the ammo in Force. And Blast CSa is soooooo long. Kamille's tight. Dat BC kick soooo sick. And Patrick's cool as well. Gotta work to get damage, but rather mobile.

And now UK customs has my physical copy of Premium G... :(

thanks for the impressions! Guess I will pick up all 3 then mai moniez~ D:

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
MK II Kamille actually has special dialogue with CCA Amuro and Char. Superior Kamille suit confirmed.

I went to the arcade again for the first time in two months.

I got stomped.

The part that makes me feel bad about playing at the arcades is that since it's team based, I'm also bringing my teammate down. The guy look across the cabs at me, and I just sorta bowed... and laughed off my shame. ;_;
Pick it up soon. The shame is easier to shrug off online! I know shame.

MK II Kamille actually has special dialogue with CCA Amuro and Char. Superior Kamille suit confirmed.

tumblr_ma45piOeH41qzbqw1o1_400.gif

I honestly can't wait for Zeta Zaku now. :3

Top Bottom