• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Jaeger

I didn't know the Americans only know of Gundam Wing thing still existed. Wing came out waaaay long ago.

How they get around to importing this game, but not getting acquainted with any other Gundam series?

I didn't know the Americans only know of Gundam Wing thing still existed. Wing came out waaaay long ago.

How they get around to importing this game, but not getting acquainted with any other Gundam series?

While I'm sure plenty of people legitimately really like Wing (it's still one of my favorite series), I'm thinking that him basically being the best suit in the game also has a teeny weeny bit to do with it.

Beth Cyra

Wing to this day remains incredibly popular. Wing could have been the N.A. UC.

However as mwntioned it doesnt hurt that both versions of Wing Zero are very strong.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take WZTV players over more Epyon players every single day

Now it makes sense! lol Gotcha. I'm guessing all the 3K Mobile Suits outclass the others?
Speaking in very broad terms, yes. They generally have the most tools available at any given time, usually with boosted health and attack power as well.

I'll take WZTV players over more Epyon players every single day
I don't know about that, I think I'd pick having to run away from Epyon the whole match than having to worry about getting tagged by a couple of buster shots and being at like, half health.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind that. If I lose to either it's my fault for not being good enough

But nothing makes me rage more in this game than being hit by that obnoxious stab epyon combo

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Wing probably essentially started the mecha fascination in the US after DBZ opened the door for anime. I know it was the first mecha show I was exposed to and it remains my favorite although in comparison to some other Gundam series, it isn't as solid throughout and can lose it's way but damnit man those G-boys are the best especially Heero.

The Toonami advent for Wing Gundam was amazing. One of the random mooks screaming about GUNDAM!!! Hyped me up all the time for the show.

Here is one of them

Also helped that it was very good looking show for its time and the designs of the suits are some of the most popular around.

I was just about to order this game.. but it seems like there's an updated version coming out in March?

Maxi Boost and Full Boost are different right? Btw I can't believe the price of Full Boost in play-asia is $77! Is it that good?

The Toonami advent for Wing Gundam was amazing. One of the random mooks screaming about GUNDAM!!! Hyped me up all the time for the show.

Here is one of them

Also helped that it was very good looking show for its time and the designs of the suits are some of the most popular around.

Damn this brings back good memories from middle school/junior high

I was just about to order this game.. but it seems like there's an updated version coming out in March?

Maxi Boost and Full Boost are different right? Btw I can't believe the price of Full Boost in play-asia is $77! Is it that good?

Maxi Boost is coming out in arcades, if you want to wait to order that you'll be waiting like a year and a half to two years.

$77 is a standard price for an import game.

im hooked. im a fan of sniper/artillery gundam like the gn-006 and the tallgeese iii. just going through the fb missions right now. it's too damn good. any other sniper gundams?

"Does this game play kinda like virtual-ON?"

Kind of, but not really. Obviously the control scheme is entirely different, it's a 2v2 game unlike VO except Force, and the game is a lot more vertical than VO. I would say if you liked VO and are open to a game that's definitely not the same but in the same vein, you might want to check it out.

How come when I try to do shuffle it always just throws me in a game with only one other human player. :(

Because you touch yourself at night. :p

Honestly, I don't know what the algorithm is but maybe it tries to pair you to whatever is readily available, which happens to be a room with one player in it. xD

Ken

Oh, I didn't know they were rooms. Just got into a 11/12 room. Quit after one game though because I felt bad for being useless to my teammate. :(

Beckx

Does this game play kinda like virtual-ON?

What everyone else said, plus: Virtual ON (IMO) requires somewhat higher execution (jump canceling to keep target lock, step canceling is a bit harder, etc.) and has more complexity because of the number of individual moves per robot (left, right, center shot, stand v crouch variants, dash v normal variants, range variations). EXVS is more immediately accessible but brings in complexity and depth in other ways - the vertical game, footsies overall, team composition, cost management, and many others. It's interesting because VO's attempt to make a more accessible game (Force) lost so much and ended up not being as competitively interesting as its predecessors, while EXVS got the mix right and is an incredible competitive game.

But Delta Plus has a move similar to Temjin's surfing ram if not nearly so dickish. :p

Does this game play kinda like virtual-ON?
Yes, it's essentially the same deal.

Oh, I didn't know they were rooms. Just got into a 11/12 room. Quit after one game though because I felt bad for being useless to my teammate. :(
Don't feel bad about it, there's no reason to feel bad about losing the game beyond the moment the match ends. It seems most of the community doesn't care, except for one guy who seems to be a serial hate mailer.

...Don't feel bad about it, there's no reason to feel bad about losing the game beyond the moment the match ends. It seems most of the community doesn't care, except for one guy who seems to be a serial hate mailer.
Oh snap, is that Lightning Thief? I got some horrific hate mail after screwing up in a game and didn't put two and two together immediately.

I really hope this game is good... and not one of those super complex games where it's only good *if you're an expert....

I've never paid over $90 for a PS3 game

Oh snap, is that Lightning Thief? I got some horrific hate mail after screwing up in a game and didn't put two and two together immediately.
Don't be silly. He only sends out love mail. Very very upfront love mail.
I really hope this game is good... and not one of those super complex games where it's only good *if you're an expert....
I'm pretty bad and I have a ton of fun playing with others and the AI. You'll naturally pick up a lot of techniques when playing and get better as time goes on.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

I've never paid over $90 for a PS3 game

One thing though is dont be surprised when you get roflstomped when switching from AI opponents to live ones. As its a totally different game when you do. But far more enjoyable truthfully against other players.

Since the Gundam GAF group is a bunch of great folks and highly active am sure you will have a good time and learn a lot.

Be sure to stop in the IRC chan and such.

Im not around as much currently due to too many other games out at once and am trying to clear some backlog atm. D: But I keep posting here pretending Im part of the community, until my Zudah can make its glorious return.

I'm pretty bad and I have a ton of fun playing with others and the AI. You'll naturally pick up a lot of techniques when playing and get better as time goes on.

One thing though is dont be surprised when you get roflstomped when switching from AI opponents to live ones. As its a totally different game when you do. But far more enjoyable truthfully against other players.

Since the Gundam GAF group is a bunch of great folks and highly active am sure you will have a good time and learn a lot.

Be sure to stop in the IRC chan and such.

Im not around as much currently due to too many other games out at once and am trying to clear some backlog atm. D: But I keep posting here pretending Im part of the community, until my Zudah can make its glorious return.

Thanks, I'm really excited.

I was in Hong Kong this summer and I noticed this game was HUGE in the arcades... in every arcade I visited people were all over this game and there were a bunch of machines for it. It looked pretty fun but I didn't play it because others were playing it seriously and I thought I would just get my ass kicked.

Looking forward to finally play it

I was in Hong Kong this summer and I noticed this game was HUGE in the arcades... in every arcade I visited people were all over this game and there were a bunch of machines for it. It looked pretty fun but I didn't play it because others were playing it seriously and I thought I would just get my ass kicked.

Small correction, if you were in HK last summer, what you saw was GvGN, the game that came before EXVS was introduced. (Although, if you were in Tsuen Wan earlier this year, I guess you were witnessing the loketest for Maxiboost, which is AHEAD of FB...)

Small correction, if you were in HK last summer, what you saw was GvGN, the game that came before EXVS was introduced. (Although, if you were in Tsuen Wan earlier this year, I guess you were witnessing the loketest for Maxiboost, which is AHEAD of FB...)

Oh ok. I was in HK in last July so it could have been GvGN

Where did you order from? I ordered from Play Asia and got the HK version so be careful lol. As the online pass won't work on a JPN account if its a HK game.

Looking forward to you joining us.

I got the JPN version:

http://www.play-asia.com/mobile-suit-gundam-extreme-vs-full-boost-paOS-13-49-en-70-728p.html

I didn't do much research but I hope I picked the right one.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
g-gundam-o.gif

Beckx

SCR starting up!

Meanwhile, I spent the morning getting my streaming gear set up, everything now works in Full Boost. I'm not on as much as I'd like, but when I am, I'll run a second stream. :)

Top Bottom