• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

A link to when the Gundam stream starts please!

Also gonna start playing in a few hours.

Also GL HF to all those in the tournament! Win one for GAF Gundam!

RGM79

Alright, I think I'm gonna put down the money for Japanese PSN credit to buy some DLC units.

Anyone have recommended sites? Preferably a place that just gives you a code to input. Today's Saturday, I've heard that some places don't email codes until the next business day. Japan Codes says they send out emails by hand (not an automated system that spits out keys when orders are confirmed) so I'm assuming that I won't get the key from them today if I order now?

Nice! Just finished the restream of the top 8. So Cal keeping NorCal free :p, Yoyolan keeping the home court advantage at my alma mater, and broham/hadavich doing their thing with Unicorn/Sinanju. Was a very good tourney all around and got a big amount of JP viewers as well. Great job to Shingin, Brett, and the rest of the crew and participants for making the tourney an awesome watch! :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, the winners (Yoyolan's team) were pad players :p

Beckx

crosspost from SCR thread:

Decided to watch the Gundam top 8 this morning rather than be a zombie all day.

Great, great top 8 (Grand Finals slightly anti-climatic, Spanish Inquisition really should've tried to shake things up by switching team composition but given that Isaiah doesn't own the game maybe they weren't comfortable doing that).

Overall fantastic stream & fantastic first tourney for Full Boost in the US.

Nice! Just finished the restream of the top 8. So Cal keeping NorCal free :p, Yoyolan keeping the home court advantage at my alma mater, and broham/hadavich doing their thing with Unicorn/Sinanju. Was a very good tourney all around and got a big amount of JP viewers as well. Great job to Shingin, Brett, and the rest of the crew and participants for making the tourney an awesome watch! :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, the winners (Yoyolan's team) were pad players :p

Team Pizza was legit hype to watch. Once hadavich stopped extending himself early in matches I thought they really played great together & had a shot. Super fun watching.

The level of play in top 8 generally was so good.

Didn't watch much SCR but Team Pizza went really hard. Yoyolan's team (I think?) was really awesome too, X2 had excellent movement. I'll prolly watch the top 8 later today, sounds like some good matches went down.

TWILT

Banned
Hi everyone. Borrowing a friend's import copy of this, and I know this game has an online pass (sigh). If I were to get a JP PSN account, and try and buy one, how would I go through with it and how much would it cost?

Having a lot of fun with the game btw (even though I'm awful right now lol); might get my own copy if I really like it enough though I don't import a lot..

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Hi everyone. Borrowing a friend's import copy of this, and I know this game has an online pass (sigh). If I were to get a JP PSN account, and try and buy one, how would I go through with it and how much would it cost?

Having a lot of fun with the game btw (even though I'm awful right now lol); might get my own copy if I really like it enough though I don't import a lot..

About $13

Here's a guide for making a JPSN

When are the replays going online (or where?), I missed out on the top 8 :(

Here's the top 8 - http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett/b/507497483?t=223m00s

tumblr_msj6kiIO2n1s9mwh8o2_1280.jpg

matmanx1

I went slightly mad this weekend and played 2 or 3 free battle matches with all of the 2000 cost units. It was a surprisingly beneficial exercise and I learned a lot about a bunch of units that I hadn't had experience with before. Many I enjoyed that really surprised me (Throne Drei) and some I couldn't figure out well at all (Kshatriya).

I'm going to repeat this exercise with the 3000 cost units next, and then probably the 2500 cost after that. It seems really helpful to know what each unit is capable of and also to help me narrow down what's most fun and interesting to play.

I went slightly mad this weekend and played 2 or 3 free battle matches with all of the 2000 cost units. It was a surprisingly beneficial exercise and I learned a lot about a bunch of units that I hadn't had experience with before. Many I enjoyed that really surprised me (Throne Drei) and some I couldn't figure out well at all (Kshatriya).

I'm going to repeat this exercise with the 3000 cost units next, and then probably the 2500 cost after that. It seems really helpful to know what each unit is capable of and also to help me narrow down what's most fun and interesting to play.
I've been thinking of trying something like that but I assume it's only useful to do once one actually have a good feel for the games itself. Is that the case?

I haven't been able to play lately but I should join you guys tomorrow. I'm working on 00 right now. I'm liking how the switch between 00 normal and 00 Raiser works and its Extreme attack as well.

Qanta is still a bit too hard for me to grasp and you actually need a good partner to use its superior melee abilities.

RX-78 is still my go to suit though Freedom's gerobi is fun to use.

Also wtf at how some suits work and 1000 cost suits suck after you used 2000+ suits lol.

I haven't been able to play lately but I should join you guys tomorrow. I'm working on 00 right now. I'm liking how the switch between 00 normal and 00 Raiser works and its Extreme attack as well.

Qanta is still a bit too hard for me to grasp and you actually need a good partner to use its superior melee abilities.

RX-78 is still my go to suit though Freedom's gerobi is fun to use.

Also wtf at how some suits work and 1000 cost suits suck after you used 2000+ suits lol.

Qant's actually very simple in comparison to other 3000s. Protect yourself or catch people with Zabanya sub, wait for sword bit shield to reach max, start moving in. Shield wears off, play the ranged game for a bit until bits come back. Being able to take off the shield whenever is also a nice change from vanilla so you don't waste it unnecessarily. Use 2b for sweet vertical movement and to confuse people with their cameras if you're close to them.

Qant's actually very simple in comparison to other 3000s. Protect yourself or catch people with Zabanya sub, wait for sword bit shield to reach max, start moving in. Shield wears off, play the ranged game for a bit until bits come back. Being able to take off the shield whenever is also a nice change from vanilla so you don't waste it unnecessarily. Use 2b for sweet vertical movement and to confuse people with their cameras if you're close to them.

He is still right though. Qan-T ranged game sucks and you need a good partner covering you for your melee to not get blown up. Against randoms your only real option is to play the most insane rush down game you can because yeah Qan-T melee combos is pretty much the only thing it has going for it. Burn through 1.5 lives and then hope qantum burst will keep your ass alive for your partner to do something lol.

You say that but then you play with one that has the best dash in the game and then you can't put it down.

Well most 1000 cost suits are mook suits and are usually taken out in one shot in the shows. But technically you can come back to life 5 times lol.

NEO0MJ

I have to admit I was surprised to find out that Efreet is a melee unit when its CG art showed it with a giant rifle, which it doesn't even use in-game.

I have to admit I was surprised to find out that Efreet is a melee unit when its CG art showed it with a giant rifle, which it doesn't even use in-game.

Efreet's always primarily been a close quaters/melee unit. I know the OG one had a shotty. What CG art was that?

Ms-08txexam.jpg
300px-Efreet-nacht_400p.jpg
300px-MS089756.jpg

If they're gonna clone, pls bring the Efreet Nacht from 0081. Dude had a katana and kunais. They already have the models of those weapons from Red Frame and Spiegel. :p

matmanx1

In terms of pure fun factor I think most of the 1000 cost units outdo a good percentage of the 2000 cost units. Zaku Kai has aimable grenades that can be detonated at will and of course that awesome Santa trap. Dog is dog, Hildofr is just freaky, and nearly all of them move really, really well.

I think I've already confessed my love for Arios on this board and we certainly have no lack of Zudah and Gouf users.

Now I'm just waiting on Bamdai to add the Black Tri Stars in a Dom with Jet Stream attack as assists! (just kidding - sort of)

Top Bottom