• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
gg everyone and apologies for the piss poor performance today. D: But still great having been able to get some matches in!

Enron

Banned
is it really that hard to NOT be a dick?

I mean, typing out a message with a stick in the middle of a game is kind of annoying, yet some people feel its necessary to go through all that trouble to talk shit.

13001148924_351d0c1af3_b.jpg

He wasn't even pulling his weight in any of his matches, hah.

Ken

I mean, typing out a message with a stick in the middle of a game is kind of annoying, yet some people feel its necessary to go through all that trouble to talk shit.

: >

Parakeetman

Yar, I enjoy using her a lot. Plus her EX Burst Attack has nice tracking.

Another vid as well with that Burst Attack tracking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNmud_vQjxw

Oh yeah I picked up the DLC today before playing a few matches with the guys, you are right shes is a pretty great addition. But I need a lot more practice with the unit to familiarize myself better. Though from the start most stuff is pretty straightforward. My BR zunda skills are fucking horrible so need to work on that. Since on the occasions when I have a pretty good chance to land some hits I usually screw it up somewhere in the middle allowing a delay so the other side recovers before the rest hits.

Still have yet to try the new Acguy as that shit is too top tier for my current skill levels lol.

----

Shouta since you had mentioned you used to use the Zudah you wouldnt happen to have any old YT footage of your matches would you? Would be nice watching footage of other players thats why. If not Ill just keep searching YT.

Sorry I bounced after only like five matches tonight, I was already having a terrible run of luck and decided I wasn't meant to be playing Gundam tonight.

Shouta since you had mentioned you used to use the Zudah you wouldnt happen to have any old YT footage of your matches would you? Would be nice watching footage of other players thats why. If not Ill just keep searching YT.
You could always check the niconico video list since the YT selection has been considerably thinned out.

Luigi87

lunamaria's impulse is fun : D

In spite of not trying Strike or Impulse, I decided to pick her up on, erm... impulse (-_-), since I like the 2000-range suits.
... So much fun swapping silhouettes.

Edit: Also, just because practice in trying a new suit, I hate the arcade stage with all the GP02As in it... Nukes. Everywhere.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Alot of suits changing cost in Maxi

FA-ZZ and God now 3k, Arios jumps from 1000 to 2.5k

Is it true that you can't even do 2v2 with two systems online? What kind of piece of shit game is this?

>:| Hey its ok to voice your displeasure about local online MP but its not a shit game just because it doesn't do that.

You can do 2v2 but not a good one with just 2 systems. Local online MP is possible with a 2nd controller and if necessary you can get a 2nd PS3 for 2 more players to make the 2v2 happen.

However, your FPS will cut down to below 30 FPS I believe and you have to split the screen which is a big deal in this game considering how much information is on the screen at any one time.

The best way is to have 4 copies of the game and join a private lobby with 4 PS3s and have the 2v2.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can do 2v2 but not a good one with just 2 systems. Local online MP is possible with a 2nd controller and if necessary you can get a 2nd PS3 for 2 more players to make the 2v2 happen.

I don't think this works, it's what Hito was trying and Shouta said this isn't supported in the game.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
>:| Hey its ok to voice your displeasure about local online MP but its not a shit game just because it doesn't do that.
It is for me! I just want to play with my friends, and a game that won't even let me do it with the same setup it does for everything else is obnoxious.

However, your FPS will cut down to below 30 FPS I believe and you have to split the screen which is a big deal in this game considering how much information is on the screen at any one time.

The best way is to have 4 copies of the game and join a private lobby with 4 PS3s and have the 2v2.
I don't care about good, I just want it to work. I'd like to know how.

Although considering how much offline content is splitscreen I find the information line less than convincing.

Ken

Which offline content is split screen? I've just been doing custom matches but if there's stuff that can be done in offline co-op I'd love to check it out.

Arcade and Free Match both work wonderfully in splitscreen.

So the problem is that you can't invite 2 of your other friends on 1 PS3 with their own split screen to the Free Match?

Why not send an invite over PSN? Also do they have an JPN online pass for the game?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So the problem is that you can't invite 2 of your other friends on 1 PS3 with their own split screen to the Free Match?

Why not send an invite over PSN? Also do they have an JPN online pass for the game?

The desired setup:

(Since local 2v2 isn't an option...)

Two monitors
Two PS3s, each with JP PSN account
Two controllers attached to each PS3, one for each player in the same room
Internet
2v2 for the four people in the same room

I'd like to know how to make it happen if it's at ALL possible.

The desired setup:

(Since local 2v2 isn't an option...)

Two monitors
Two PS3s, each with JP PSN account
Two controllers attached to each PS3, one for each player in the same room
Internet
2v2 for the four people in the same room

I'd like to know how to make it happen if it's at ALL possible.

I really don't know as I've never tried it. But how about making a private room and then inviting the other 2 players?

If you can play split screen in Free Match then I don't see why your friends would be excluded.

However its probably very unlikely that your setup is going to work out.

Luigi87

Unfortunately what you're asking cannot be done.
The game does not allow for split-screen versus online. Only the modes you've played. Player Match, to access the online lobbies, is for single player instance only.
You would require 4 PS3s + 4 TVs.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yeah, sadly no way to do 2vs2 on 2 PS3s each.

The lack of 4p local is understandable though, just go to replays, select the camera that shows all players at once and see the FPS hit the single digits :(

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
And renounce to online pass money?

Scamco pls

The best chance for local 4P is Maxi Boost PS4

13001148924_351d0c1af3_b.jpg

I've played with this guy.

A lot of shit-talkers don't understand the game well, and don't realize that often if your teammate is ineffective, it's often because you failed to recognize your role in the match. You can't know for sure until you watch a replay. So, fuck that guy. This is why i disable messages on my console.

Parakeetman

I've played with this guy.

Most shit-talkers don't understand the game well, and don't realize that often if your teammate is ineffective, it's because you failed to recognize your roles in the match. You can't know for sure until you watch a replay. So, fuck that guy. This is why i disable messages on my console.

Sony needs a better reporting system, since would be nice to have more dumbshits purged from the network.

Sony needs a better reporting system, since would be nice to have more dumbshits purged from the network.

I remember when people are rude, and kick them from my rooms on sight. Lighting_theif [sic], for example, is always kicked from my room. I encourage everybody to do the same.

Of course, it was the obnoxious SF4 community that made me block all messages first, lol.

I won't be able to play today sadly. ;_;

I just figured out sidestep into melee too.... I COULDA GONE HAM TODAY! ;_;

Anyways have fun guys and maybe if you have a room open 6 hours from now we can play. ;)

Parakeetman

I remember when people are rude, and kick them from my rooms on sight. Lighting_theif [sic], for example, is always kicked from my room. I encourage everybody to do the same.

Of course, it was the obnoxious SF4 community that made me block all messages first, lol.

Time to take notes and have a KOS list for the community eh?

*KOS = Kick On Sight

Parakeetman

Sounds good. I'll keep and eye out for rude messages, people attacking their own partners in rage, and excessive Saltigatou's (Sarcastic arigatou messages)

I generally always use the arigatou message as a way of saying thanks for the match regardless of how it turns out. Similar to doing the general yoroshiku onegaishimasu one at the start. Similar to us going GG back in the days when I used to be really into online PC gaming.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I play a lot of ranked and usually get arigatou messages rather we win or lose. Also, they might not all be sarcastic messages. Some people just mash circle to hurry up and get into the next game like me :x

matmanx1

Alot of suits changing cost in Maxi

FA-ZZ and God now 3k, Arios jumps from 1000 to 2.5k

I like and support all of those changes. Arios is too cool of a unit to be limited to the 1000 cost tier and FA-ZZ and God both put out ton of damage for suits in the 2500 cost tier.

Jubern

Did they have effing huge sales previsions for Full Boost? I see the game is at half the RRP at multiple brick and mortar retail chains.

X05

Did they have effing huge sales previsions for Full Boost? I see the game is at half the RRP at multiple brick and mortar retail chains.
Well, the game is tracking far below vanilla, which probably no one expected :(

Isn't that usually how it goes? As far as I remember usually about a month or two after initial sales the left over copies get some pretty nice price cuts. But like others said the sales were below the first, which probably was expected given the nature of the franchise being an arcade title, and having another version already announced.

Isn't that usually how it goes? As far as I remember usually about a month or two after initial sales the left over copies get some pretty nice price cuts. But like others said the sales were below the first, which probably was expected given the nature of the franchise being an arcade title, and having another version already announced.

There's also missing the holiday sales time frame as well. EXVS was released in early December of 2011 whereas FB was in late January this year.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not think about it too hard guys

If anyone seems like a Bamco shill and asks us why we think full boost sold less just blame the online pass.

Hope Full Boost sells enough that Bamco at least gives us Maxi down the line.

Anyways no Gundam for me this week probably. Midterms and papers are dragging me down. :(

Top Bottom