• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Is Maxi Boost running on the same arcade hardware as the previous versions? If so why wouldn't it be PS3?

Edit: Wait, it took like 2 years for Full Boost to go from arcade to console. So I guess in 2 years PS3 might not be a given.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
There's also missing the holiday sales time frame as well. EXVS was released in early December of 2011 whereas FB was in late January this year.
Kinda true, vanilla didn't benefit that much from the holiday sales (it hung around the 25 spot during those weeks) but it did do more per week... currently, counting January's digital sales, FB is about 111k units behind so it won't get to vanilla's numbers (was about ~514k LTD) and honestly I don't think it has a chance to even break 400k :(

Hey if they wanted easy money they could have just put the online pass up on the north american PSN. But noooooooo. Their problem.
Agreed, I would've bought one!

Good to know. Now the question is PS3 or PS4 lol.
PS3 is out of the question.

Is Maxi Boost running on the same arcade hardware as the previous versions? If so why wouldn't it be PS3?

Edit: Wait, it took like 2 years for Full Boost to go from arcade to console. So I guess in 2 years PS3 might not be a given.
Hardware doesn't have much to do with this, Gundam Vs Gundam and Next ran on hardware that was PS2 based like the previous versions, yet those 2 skipped the PS2 and went to the PSP. In 2 years time when the game leaves arcades and hits cnsoles or portables, the PS3 will be dead. And while it is true that some games will be coming out, there is no doubt that Scamco will take the notably lower sales as a sign that for these games the PS3 is done.

That's my logic

but no one else agreed

They'll still be making PS3 games in 2016 but whatever
In 2016 the only PS3 games coming out will be Atlus games, if that.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Maxi Boost to come out on PSvita

In 2016 the only PS3 games coming out will be Atlus games, if that.

Next Tales game is also PS3 isn't it?

and most major Japanese next gen titles are cross gen with PS3

I don't see why people expect the triple to be dead in Japan so soon. Especially with the lack of backwards comp

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Maxi Boost to come out on PSvita

Next Tales game is also PS3 isn't it?

and most major Japanese next gen titles are cross gen with PS3

I don't see why people expect the triple to be dead in Japan so soon. Especially with the lack of backwards comp
I'd love it on the Vita, dat OLED (GvGN+ is now on the PSN store but has big warning that it does not work on the Vita :( )
Which games do you mean though? Yakuza Isshin? Ground Zeroes? Some Musou game? I really can't think of any other.
Also, "soon"? The thing is EIGHT years old already... and don't forget that ToZ/P5 will be 2015 titles, while Maxi Boost would be 2016, a small but very important difference.

Fuwacast podcast covering So Cal Regionals and the following:

**Navigation Guide**
- Introduction
- Looking Back on SoCal Regionals a Week Later (01:23)
- God Gundam x Gunner Zaku Warrior - Mindset, Strategies, and Loyalty (03:51)
- Practicing Front Role with 3000 Suits & Understanding that Back Suits Tend to Play Front in Late Game (07:42)
- SoCal Regionals Hiccups on My End (11:49)
- Minor Lag Issues (14:52)
- We Loved Team Sadface (15:55)
- Community Effort Shoutouts - Without You People, This Wouldn't be Possible (19:55)
- SoCal Regionals Top 8 Discussion on - Teams & Their Suits, Styles, and Performances (23:16)
- Thank You to All the Spectators & the Japanese Restream of the Event! (01:02:17)
- 4 Players, 4 Screens, 4 Perspectives - Tips & Tricks on Spectating & Commentating This Game (01:06:57)
- Full Boost Will be at EVO as a Side Tournament - Reflections on Presence & Sharing Some Technical Difficulties to Improve Upon (01:15:09)
- Maxi Boost Initial Thoughts & Impressions from some Japanese Players (01:18:56)

It's a good listen :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDqB4v5ZBs

Shingin

EBattleGrounds and I will be running mech only tournament at Super Arcade on April 12th with:

Gundam Extreme Versus: Full Boost - 8 setups
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram - 4 Setups
Virtual-On Force - 4 setups

We'll be running it similar to how we did at rebel up a month ago. If you are in the area please try to make it out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/631007390287567/

Shouta

VO and Gundam only!? Why do I not live in SoCal!? Oh wait, that California cost of living, lol.

Still, I want to come. >=(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fuwacast podcast covering So Cal Regionals and the following:

It's a good listen :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDqB4v5ZBs

Cool. Will be my first listen on my first hour + long commute to new job next week. lol

I just finished episode 3 and right now I'm listening to episode 2 again now that I have more familiarity with the game. So hopefully I'm able to absorb a bit more about what they're talking about.

Podcast is good and I hope they continue doing it for some time

NEO0MJ

EBattleGrounds and I will be running mech only tournament at Super Arcade on April 12th with:

Gundam Extreme Versus: Full Boost - 8 setups
Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram - 4 Setups
Virtual-On Force - 4 setups

We'll be running it similar to how we did at rebel up a month ago. If you are in the area please try to make it out!

https://www.facebook.com/events/631007390287567/

Wow, this sounds awesome. Wish I could be there, but it's not meant to be :(

DLC on the 19th: http://www.gundam.info/topic/10391

Zeta Zaku
Poe's Sumo
Waltfield Gaia

20140311192640-14262.jpg

20140311193537-98264.jpg

20140311194442-50690.jpg

Also, the rest of the Navis have showed up as well.

I'm concerned Gundam GAF.

I pre-ordered my game from Play Asia back on October 25th, Day 1. Cheapest shipping, period. Their website says it shipped out January 29th.

Still not here. Do I need to contact them?

Alric

I pre-ordered my game from Play Asia back on October 25th, Day 1. Cheapest shipping, period. Their website says it shipped out January 29th.

yeah, I would definitely contact them. If only to see if it's a hold up or to try and get some sort of tracking.

Beckx

Did they give you a Hong Kong mail tracking number? If so you might be able to track it through to US customs and see if it was held up there.

Shipping Type: Air Economy Bubble
Shipping Weight: 0.16 kg
Tracking Number: N/A
Shipping Date: Jan 29, 2014

No tracking number it looks like, plus I don't think I checked that option. Didn't need it for EX Troopers, so I figured the same for this game.

Top Bottom