• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

matmanx1

Continuing in my efforts to familiarize myself with the huge numbers of suits in the game, I've now spent time in mission and free battle mode with just about all of them.

The strong range/beam suits are probably easier to win with but I find myself having more fun with the strong melee suits. These are the suits that I identified as being high melee priority suits. Who did I miss?

Master
God
Dragon
Susanoo
Arche
Exia
OO Quant/Raiser
Banshee?
Gyan
Turn A
Deathscythe Hell
Red Frame

Of these, I feel like Dragon, Susanoo and Exia were the easiest to pick up for a beginner. All three have a quick recharging ranged stun move that sets up their melee and at least in the free battle mode against the CPU I was able to be successful with all three of them very quickly.

You folks who have more experience with the game, any recommendations for a "beginner" melee suit?

These are the suits that I identified as being high melee priority suits. Who did I miss?

12199646566_77d0d27ca5_o.gif

13081505494_007c8ec952_o.gif

Efreet fo sho, although Gouf relies on his MG primarily to get in and deal damage (but once that's gone...). I wouldn't say 00 Raiser though. Exia's and Efreet would be good to mess with.

matmanx1

Epyon for sure although I didn't enjoy my couple of matches with him.

Efreet and Gouf are interesting. They both win a lot of style points but 1k suits in general are tougher to win with.

I'm listening to the Socal regionals podcast and they keep talking about Gundam "Cashee" (not sure on spelling) Who is that?

Epyon for sure although I didn't enjoy my couple of matches with him.

Efreet and Gouf are interesting. They both win a lot of style points but 1k suits in general are tougher to win with.

I'm listening to the Socal regionals podcast and they keep talking about Gundam "Cashee" (not sure on spelling) Who is that?

Melee in general is tougher to win with due to the focus on neutral game in FB. At the very least 1k suits like Efreet mitigate the cost differential when you go down. It's all about having the right partner suit to keep peeps off your back regardless of who you pick. You'll find out when you jump into proper multiplayer matches. :)

And they're mentioning Xi in the podcast since that's how it's pronounced.

Oh yeah, Extreme Xenon F is melee focused as well, but as good tools to get in. I wouldn't say beginner friendly though.

NEO0MJ

Melee in general is tougher to win with due to the focus on neutral game in FB. At the very least 1k suits like Efreet mitigate the cost differential when you go down. It's all about having the right partner suit to keep peeps off your back regardless of who you pick. You'll find out when you jump into proper multiplayer matches. :)

And they're mentioning Xi in the podcast since that's how it's pronounced.

Oh yeah, Extreme Xenon F is melee focused as well, but as good tools to get in. I wouldn't say beginner friendly though.

Yeah, the 2vs2 aspect of the game makes it really tough to play a melee unit, as you have to rely on your partner keeping the other opponent busy while you try to close the gap or are in mid-combo. Even when it's 1 on 1 closing in can be really hard, I forgot who it was but during one of our matches I couldn't even touch EX-S Gundam for most of the match, even though our partners were busy fighting each other.

Yeah, the 2vs2 aspect of the game makes it really tough to play a melee unit, as you have to rely on your partner keeping the other opponent busy while you try to close the gap or are in mid-combo. Even when it's 1 on 1 closing in can be really hard, I forgot who it was but during one of our matches I couldn't even touch EX-S Gundam for most of the match, even though our partners were busy fighting each other.

You also can't expect your partners to handle the load as well and keep everyone off your back. Tunnel vision can be a killer because next thing you know after you've laid out a sweet melee, your partner might have lost half their health. I'm guessing the Ex-S was Mecha, lol.

Beckx

Totally. Matchup and map can have a lot to do with it too. I remember trying to chase down Nu with X1 on the G Gundam map once. I still have the nightmares.

JKTrix

The game's not designed for 1-on-1 specifically because you can just run away endlessly, whether you're melee or ranged. Have to work together, especially if you're playing against someone like that who is playing the game properly/annoyingly. (It could have been Dun)

Shouta

Only map that's bad for really is Extreme Evolution.

Personally not liking a map and being unbalanced are pretty different things and I tend to think a lot of folks haven't sat down and actually analyzed it from a more neutral standpoint.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Got my platinum for the game. Time to delete it and retire. RIP Gundam. See you guys in Maxi.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
How will we ever make it to Odessa without Kincaido's salt supply?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Got my platinum for the game. Time to delete it and retire. RIP Gundam. See you guys in Maxi.
LOL
Isn't there a trophy for maxing every unit in mission mode? I think I'll never get that one...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

You have to reach the evolution level with all suits
Yep, just saw it on that list:
閃光のハサウェイ Hathaway's Flash
全機体を極限進化させた
Reach the Evolution Level of all Mobile Suits

:/

Assault

Hey guys, is anyone here from the UK or Europe? This game looks absolutely awesome but I'm worried that the online might be too laggy to enjoy. Please tell me I'm wrong :<

Hey guys, is anyone here from the UK or Europe? This game looks absolutely awesome but I'm worried that the online might be too laggy to enjoy. Please tell me I'm wrong :<

I'm in the UK and usually have playable games with US folks. It's when you start reaching out to people on the West Coast you'll notice some lag, but if everyone has a decent connection, it's completely fine.

Bebpo

Banned
Play-Asia is having their 20% off sale. So the Asia version of this is down to $60 US. How's the single player mode? Better than the last one? (last one was ok, not bad, not amazing).

andymcc

Banned
Play-Asia is having their 20% off sale. So the Asia version of this is down to $60 US. How's the single player mode? Better than the last one? (last one was ok, not bad, not amazing).

There's more courses in arcade and there's a load of missions but it's still the kind of game that is really only worth it if you plan on playing in MP

Top Bottom