• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Ezalc

YES I won't be the only new guy!

Oh you don't have to worry about that. I'll probably be one of the later ones to join around April or so when I finally receive the game in the mail. The same game that has been in my city since February 10th but because Brazilian customs and postal service is a giant pile of shit I haven't received my fucking game yet. Joy!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Maxi Boost still runs on the same hardware as Vanilla and Full Boost, does it not?

I think it'll still be on PS3

In fact it has to be or I won't be playing it. I'm not buying Plus for my Japanese account.

Hopefully the take away from Full Boost selling less than Vanilla is that online passes are bullshit
There is no chance for Maxi Boost PS3, the game won't hit consoles for at least 2 years and by said time the PS3's software sales will be practically dead.

It'll be a PS4 release
or maybe 4DS/Vita2 lol

matmanx1

Sad face! No play time for me last night. I just had too much work to do. Maybe tonight will be better?!

I'm still doing my run through of 2500 and 3000 cost suits while still playing the occasional mission and am looking forward to getting back to it.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, from a timing perspective I just can't see a release that big coming out in 2016 for the PS3.

Idk. There are cross gen games being planned for early/mid 2015.(mgs5) as well as major exclusive releases like P5 on ps3 next year as well. I don't expect the system to just roll over and die so soon after that

Japan doesn't seem as sold yet on the ps4 platform and honestly neither am I. I think ps3 will have pretty healthy support at least until 2016 in japan. The install base is just too huge. If the vita is any example japan doesn't seem as willing to jump behind new tech just because it's new like the west seems to.

Staying on ps3 is ideal for us in the west. Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be to run the game locally at events if it moved to ps4 so soon? 400 dollar console x 4 and a plus subscription for each on top of that.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The last PS2 release was in December 2006 (FvZ2+), and FB had a significant drop in sales from vanilla.

Seriously, there is NO chance for a PS3 release.

Beckx

I'm more interested to find out whether MB will have GBF suits added, or if those wait until the next game.

That it took two years for AGE doesn't instill confidence for the former.

X05

AGE was shit, had shit ratings and shit sales merch-wise.
GBF doesn't have 2 of those at least, so it's likely some will show up.

Just put the game into the PS3.

About to play this for the first time after it's done installing/loading... hope it's as fun as it looks!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dumb question: can you charge up a shot without firing a shot first?

Yes, you just need to hit A during a moment where you can't shoot, like during another attack or while blocking or during a landing.

After playing it a few rounds I'm kinda getting the hang of it. It reminds me of Virtual On but butter.

I just find the boot a little weird.. I'd like to boost in the direction I point to but sometimes I go straight up. I guess I have to boost and double tap direction?

Supers are R3 + R3 again? Any way to aim right before you shoot or do you just need to be locked on to the opponent?

After playing it a few rounds I'm kinda getting the hang of it. It reminds me of Virtual On but butter.

I just find the boot a little weird.. I'd like to boost in the direction I point to but sometimes I go straight up. I guess I have to boost and double tap direction?

Supers are R3 + R3 again? Any way to aim right before you shoot or do you just need to be locked on to the opponent?

Boost is just double tap the boost button, to jump you just hit it once. Supers are all of the attack buttons (R3 by default) when you're in burst mode

Enron

Banned

If you are going straight up, you aren't double tapping.

Done playing for the night, but GGs to everyone I got to play with! I got on as soon as I got off work so I was rather sloppy for a while lol

lupinko

I walked by a bunch of game centers and saw posters for Maxi Boost. I should give it a try but I haven't played since Extreme Vs. and Xrd is pretty dope.

matmanx1

I've been avoiding the DLC navi's because I could easily see myself spending way to much money on those and the custom UI skins. I sort of want a Crossbone UI just due to the pirate factor but so far my willpower is winning. We'll see how long that lasts.

I've been avoiding the DLC navi's because I could easily see myself spending way to much money on those and the custom UI skins. I sort of want a Crossbone UI just due to the pirate factor but so far my willpower is winning. We'll see how long that lasts.

Just get the three free ones if you want to keep things fresh. Most of the UIs look like they clutter up the screen anyway, which is bad.

I have to buy HK PSN cards to get Navis and UIs ;_;

Wonder what I should get though?

ELS Setsuna for pilot probably and maybe Haman in her dress as a navi.

The best looking DLC HUD is the Banshee one, imo. I'm going to wait for everything to be released before I buy any navis or HUDs, cause I know that I'll buy something now and then a week later something ten times better will come out.

Right now I use the free green HUD and the annoying robot navi, he keeps me on edge.

Top Bottom