• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Eh, I've had a ton of fun just playing single player.

Also, Maxi Boost is out in Japanese arcades now, right? Heading over there in 10 days and would love to try it out.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Play-Asia is having their 20% off sale. So the Asia version of this is down to $60 US. How's the single player mode? Better than the last one? (last one was ok, not bad, not amazing).
It's enjoyable, and far easier than the SP modes of Vanilla.

Tex

Neo Member
Howdy, dudes.

Currently sitting here waiting for my verification phone call from Play-Asia, so in the meantime I'm reading up all I can so I can suck at two mech games (VOOT being the other).

My mech/gundam knowledge is limited to anything that was on Toonami at one point or another, but if/when I get my codes, I'll start playing asap. Till then if you want to add me my JPN PSN is TexMerquise.

Beckx

Howdy, dudes.

Currently sitting here waiting for my verification phone call from Play-Asia, so in the meantime I'm reading up all I can so I can suck at two mech games (VOOT being the other).

My mech/gundam knowledge is limited to anything that was on Toonami at one point or another, but if/when I get my codes, I'll start playing asap. Till then if you want to add me my JPN PSN is TexMerquise.

Howdy Tex! Get the game installed and come join us in IRC.

BTW: streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/becketx

Kalamari

Downloading now. Send friend requests to EvilKalamari-san hahihuheho1234, can't wait to do some Gundaming.

Damn, I didn't know player id's were separate from psn names, I should have chosen something not as stupid as hahihuheho1234.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Work has died down a bit so Ill finally be able to play again and start all the way from the bottom considering how long its been since the last time was online with the Gundam GAF crew. D:

Looking forward to it though! Should be on this coming weekend.

Ep 23 of Gundam Build Fighters had so many cameos in it was a total nerdgasm lol So awesome.

Put in an order for the GBF soundtrack also so can make some custom tunes for the game. :D HYPE!

That threw me off for a bit.

Kamille's Mk-2 is the only good one.

I thought the Zeta with Roux piloting it was kinda cool. But will agree that Apeshit Kamille in the Mk-2 is pretty damned awesome.

V Gundam Hexa and Elle's MkII are the next DLC units (both 1k): http://www.4gamer.net/games/233/G023336/20140324020/

YgcDqHo.jpg

aHhP1u4.jpg

Marbet's V1 looks exactly the same and Elle's MkII seems more long range oriented with the Zeta Zaku and Hyaku Shiki assists and a long range EX Burst vs Kamille's MkII.

Midou

After 5 weeks, my copy finally arrived. Too busy with work and other stuff to play now but looking forward to trying it on the weekend. I guess I'll need a Japanese PSN to play online, I had one for demos but it was a while ago so I'll make another.

Parakeetman

V Gundam Hexa and Elle's MkII are the next DLC units (both 1k):

Marbet's V1 looks exactly the same and Elle's MkII seems more long range oriented with the Zeta Zaku and Hyaku Shiki assists and a long range EX Burst vs Kamille's MkII.

Oh my I might have to pick those both up. D:

Oh my I might have to pick those both up. D:

Fo sho Elle. I dunno about Marbet though.

Oh yeah, and since we've been getting a fair share of brand new players to the series, please watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=84

It's a good primer for the basic gameplay fundamentals and will help you on your way to getting much better when playing in general and online. Of course, we'll be happy to give you pointers if you'd like as well. :)

Parakeetman

Fo sho Elle. I dunno about Marbet though.

Oh yeah, and since we've been getting a fair share of brand new players to the series, please watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlJidOS8RIE#t=84

It's a good primer for the basic gameplay fundamentals and will help you on your way to getting much better when playing in general and online. Of course, we'll be happy to give you pointers if you'd like as well. :)

I always wanted something terrible to happen to Üso so having Marbet as a replacement pilot is reason enough to buy it. :x lol

Kalamari

Is Kamille's MKII considered more of a close range suit and Elle's a long range suit in general, or just the special moves?

Is Kamille's MKII considered more of a close range suit and Elle's a long range suit in general, or just the special moves?

Basic moveset will probably be the same like the beam rifle, general melee set. The differences between the two on the surface are...

Kamille's BC - Dat kick
Elle's BC - Zeta Zaku beam rifle assist

Kamille's AC - Rick Dias assist
Elle's AC - Hyaku Shiki assist

Kamille's Burst Attack - some melee combo with foot stomp
Elle's Burst Attack - Gundam Team salvo

Elle's just leans more towards long range from a glance.

Parakeetman

Good games to all that played today. :D Nice getting in a few rounds again and apologies to all that got stuck with me as a team D: lol

Trying to play a bit more defensive and assist my partner more. Think will try to focus more on that type of play style.

*Edit I had recorded footage, but then wound up deleting it by accident when doing a batch file delete of the other footage. D: Guess Ill have to fish through the replays if I want to record it again.

I just might be able to scrub it up some more with you guys soon. Looks like I'll finally be able to make the upgrade to Full Boost in the near future!

Kalamari

I just might be able to scrub it up some more with you guys soon. Looks like I'll finally be able to make the upgrade to Full Boost in the near future!

Do it soon if possible, there is an increase in the Japan consumption tax coming which may increase the purchase price.

I'm looking forward to scrubbing it up in full boost with you.

Also, esper.net is down at the moment. RIP

Top Bottom