• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Id rather see a whole new game using the same engine based off of the Build Fighters universe with some new mechanics, instead of just shoe horned in units.

Id rather see a whole new game using the same engine based off of the Build Fighters universe with some new mechanics, instead of just shoe horned in units.

I'm not sure how far you're taking "new mechanics," but if you're thinking something along the lines of allowing customization, then... I don't think I want much to do with that game. Those kinds of systems are inherently damn near impossible to balance.

Beckx

I'm not sure how far you're taking "new mechanics," but if you're thinking something along the lines of allowing customization, then... I don't think I want much to do with that game. Those kinds of systems are inherently damn near impossible to balance.

"impossible to balance" is a throwaway complaint and I generally disagree with "balance" being elevated to the monarch of all design goals.

It is not inherently impossible to make a cost-based system for assembling parts for a multiplayer game, anymore than it's impossible to make a competitive 2v2 game with over 100 suits.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Interesting how they mention it's 381 yen now without tax now, probably due to the new tax changes in Japan.
Shit, forgot to buy units before the tax hike D:

They should just take Gundam Breaker, add GBF chars, and change its battle system with EXVS' for extra awesome.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Anything is impossible to balance if you have zero clue as to what you are doing as a game designer.

Order placed for Full Boost a couple of days ago, just gotta wait for Play-Asia to restock the Japanese version soon before payment/shipping. Here's hoping the tax hike doesn't hit that hard for me lol

MechaX

I've never actually watched ZZ proper, but Elle is actually kinda cool. New
blonde
waifu?

Oh hey the assist is different for Victory Hexa. Most boring batch of DLC yes. The next one should be a keeper at least, I hope.

To be honest, I was expecting Marbet to be her own assist with how lazy that suit is. Marbet doesn't even got time for that kamikaze boots/chest shit in the actual show.

Keeping the best for last.

I can't wait for the boulder throw EX burst.

Get dat extra yen at the ready...

f9E3R2J.jpg

411 yen for the DLC now :O

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
No known DLC at all after the leaked units are done. If they do it, Maxi Boost previews are more likely (based on history) and GBF is not in MB (yet).

This. AGE suits just hit for the first time in Maxi Boost, it'll be awhile before we see anything Best Friends.

Maybe updated into maxiboost? But probably not until Maxi's sequel will we see a bunch of them(hopefully some Reconquista suits and a Neo Zeong enemy too)

"impossible to balance" is a throwaway complaint and I generally disagree with "balance" being elevated to the monarch of all design goals.

It is not inherently impossible to make a cost-based system for assembling parts for a multiplayer game, anymore than it's impossible to make a competitive 2v2 game with over 100 suits.

Anything is impossible to balance if you have zero clue as to what you are doing as a game designer.

It really depends on the extent of player customization allowed. Look at pretty much any collectible card game (at least with strong competitive legs) and you'll see a bunch of corrections issued after cards are released. Hell, if you bought a Yu-Gi-Oh starter deck when it first came out, a lot of the decent cards have been banned, much less strong cards released afterwards.

Users will come up with broken builds (see: Diablo 3) that will continually need patching. Eventually, things will settle down and there will be a "best" version of every suit.

I'm down to see a fighting game attempt a degree of player customization, but I'll always prefer the standard, hand-tweaked stuff.

klausbert

I finally got this game! Fucking german customs... Anyway, the soundtrack is a HUGE upgrade from Exvs, I'm only missing 2 songs this time :)

Welp had a decent evening playing with Ribbons. Seems like I am doing a bit better now, still could use whatever tips and suggestions anyone has.

Welp had a decent evening playing with Ribbons. Seems like I am doing a bit better now, still could use whatever tips and suggestions anyone has.

Stop playing as Ribbons Kappa.

You run out of Gerobi and try to use it. Try not to do that is all I can say from the matches I had with you.

ADyoc1A.gif

This is why I play Efreet. I wish the qt zaku hadn't shot him though, then it truly would have been picture perfect. I still killed him and won the match as soon as he got up but these bobo gif sites wouldn't let me go over ten seconds

Does this game play anything like Zone of the Enders?
No. More like Virtual-On.

ADyoc1A.gif

This is why I play Efreet. I wish the qt zaku hadn't shot him though, then it truly would have been picture perfect. I still killed him and won the match as soon as he got up but these bobo gif sites wouldn't let me go over ten seconds

Beautiful. Efreep don't care. I always try to end my matches with this.

13081505494_007c8ec952_o.gif

It feels good mang. Sieg Zeon.

Didn't watch you play last night, but don't stay in Cannon mode for too long if you think you are? Always use Cannon's CSa to buffer for Reborns CSa, etc.

You run out of Gerobi and try to use it. Try not to do that is all I can say from the matches I had with you.

That happens because it takes forever to recharge the ammo for it. No matter how much time I think passed and I think should have a stock of ammo again, I never do.

Actually it feels like I am under utilizing the the canon mode. That gerobi does a lot of damage and I should probably try to find more opportunities to land it.

That happens because it takes forever to recharge the ammo for it. No matter how much time I think passed and I think should have a stock of ammo again, I never do.

Actually it feels like I am under utilizing the the canon mode. That gerobi does a lot of damage and I should probably try to find more opportunities to land it.

Throw out fangs in down time?

Watching replay uploads, this Ribbons gets trashed by Master and Wing Zero, ends the match with like 200 HP on 2nd life.

Ahhhh I guess the takeaway is: partner with a good Stargazer?

Edit: Jeez some of these replays look pretty much the same way I play, this is not at all encouraging.

NEO0MJ

ADyoc1A.gif

This is why I play Efreet. I wish the qt zaku hadn't shot him though, then it truly would have been picture perfect. I still killed him and won the match as soon as he got up but these bobo gif sites wouldn't let me go over ten seconds.

How exactly does Efreet's anti-beam move work?

How exactly does Efreet's anti-beam move work?

Press AC and it will have an orange circular barrier around it. Neutral AC moves forward and 4/6AC does a quick side hop. As long as you have the barrier around you, you will block projectile attacks and go through pressure. If you cancel it too early with an attack, you barrier will drop and you will become vulnerable again. These moves can only be done if you have EXAM meter, which is the 3rd gauge on the bottom right. Straight dash EXAM takes up 40 of the gauge and the side attacks take 20.

NEO0MJ

Press AC and it will have an orange circular barrier around it. Neutral AC moves forward and 4/6AC does a quick side hop. As long as you have the barrier around you, you will block projectile attacks and go through pressure. If you cancel it too early with an attack, you barrier will drop and you will become vulnerable again. These moves can only be done if you have EXAM meter, which is the 3rd gauge on the bottom right. Straight dash EXAM takes up 40 of the gauge and the side attacks take 20.

Does it block both beam and physical projectiles or only beam attacks? How about explosions?

Does it block both beam and physical projectiles or only beam attacks? How about explosions?

Beams, bazooks, geros, nukes, blast damage, the lot. As long as the barrier is up, you will be protected from those things. Things it won't stop are stuff like Raiser Sword or Moonlight Butterflies. It can also be used to as a substitute for rainbow stepping, but at the cost of EXAM meter.

EDIT: There's also what lost said about the hitbox. There was one time I Exam'd through The O's pressure from the front and while it was still up and I had The O behind me, I got hit by a second wave of it.

Top Bottom