• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Haha, been busy times. Should be good to go for a bit this week. :)

I hear you brother, same on this side. D:

But work is always a good thing means more $$$ being made to waste on games and gundam lol

1378307561860.gif

Zapages

I just the got the game. I can't believe the game now connects with only with my Japanese account instead of my US account. *Sigh*

my PSN screen name is zapj

Also I don't see anyone online to play, which is strange and sad. :(

I just the got the game. I can't believe the game now connects with only with my Japanese account instead of my US account. *Sigh*

my PSN screen name is zapagesj

Also I don't see anyone online to play, which is strange and sad. :(

Well, it's still rather early in the day, a weekday, in any part of the US.

Closer to primetime is when the NA/EU rooms start springing up.

Ezalc

Took my game to a party with some friends. Only me and one of my friends really know gundam, and she knows way more than me. It took the rest of my friends a bit getting used to, and some complaints about not being able to play 4 people at the same time locally or any type of local campaign (I think there isn't one right?), but after a while my friends enjoyed playing the game. After they got a hang of the controls that is. One in particular really liked playing as Susanoo, I stuck to the Blue Destiny and his respective villain whose unit name I can't remember now, efreet custom? Anyway, fun times were had and I'm glad I was able to get people interested in the series.

Parakeetman

Took my game to a party with some friends. Only me and one of my friends really know gundam, and she knows way more than me. It took the rest of my friends a bit getting used to, and some complaints about not being able to play 4 people at the same time locally or any type of local campaign (I think there isn't one right?), but after a while my friends enjoyed playing the game. After they got a hang of the controls that is. One in particular really liked playing as Susanoo, I stuck to the Blue Destiny and his respective villain whose unit name I can't remember now, efreet custom? Anyway, fun times were had and I'm glad I was able to get people interested in the series.

Donkey would be proud~

Char-aznable-pre-battle-of-loum.png

I remember bringing EXVS to my friends house last summer, and two other friends were there. My first friend and I thought it'd be fun to show the other two, since we've played it a lot before. Of the other two friends, one of them loves Gundam but didn't know the game existed, being Japan only and all. The other, she never even heard of Gundam.

It would lead to 2+ hours of fun yelling in co-op and 1v1. Everyone was having a blast, and I'd love to get the gang back together for Full Boost at some point.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice!

Besides PvP you can play an arcade route or boss rush mode with 2 local players, btw

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I had no idea of that. I need to figure the menus out still.
It's the second option in Arcade (Tag Battle). There is a menu translation somewhere in the OP for reference :)

I need to buy this, but it's been plummeting in price at book off so much that I feel like I should wait a little more for it to either stabilize or at least drop down to 2000 yen. I just saw it for 3000 yesterday at multiple stores, and the original for 500.

Enron

Banned
Vanilla should be so cheap now you can buy it JUST for the mission mode. There's enough missions there that its worth it. Get Full Boost too, though.

Vanilla should be so cheap now you can buy it JUST for the mission mode. There's enough missions there that its worth it. Get Full Boost too, though.

Caveat to this is that if you DO get the vanilla EXVS, definitely play it before EXVSFB unless you want to be spoiled for choices in suit selection and actual movement.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
So yeah, Unicorn is pretty damn awesome. That new Aimer song works hella good for this game too.

X05

What do you think "s" stands for in the tier list? If you ain't scummin', the wins ain't comin'.
Probably, but winning matches with shit-tier units is oh-so gratifying :3

Parakeetman

btw so im guessing as there has been no new news, that really was it for all the full boost DLC? nothing in the future planned with actual NEW units and not rehashed garbage? D:

X05

Is it? Is it really? Or are you just lying to your self and trying to ease the pain?
Your mind tricks won't work on me!
It is, but in my case because I mostly suck so winning with those is twice as sweeter... I really need to hop onto online mode again...

btw so im guessing as there has been no new news, that really was it for all the full boost DLC? nothing in the future planned with actual NEW units and not rehashed garbage? D:
Vanilla had a few units around release, and then got a new surprise batch like a year later of mostly FB units. So there is a chance we might get new units from MB down the line.

Parakeetman

Your mind tricks won't work on me!
It is, but in my case because I mostly suck so winning with those is twice as sweeter... I really need to hop onto online mode again...

Vanilla had a few units around release, and then got a new surprise batch like a year later of mostly FB units. So there is a chance we might get new units from MB down the line.

by then Id imagine they would be announcing MB for the PS4 D:

jrronimo

That video is amazing.

Okay, so, noob questions: I have EXVS, but not Full Boost. I see mention of DLC. Does this require a Japanese PSN account? Is the DLC expensive (or worth it)? I haven't played it nearly as much as I should.

Also kinda want EXVSFB because more Gundam is always better.

That video is amazing.

Okay, so, noob questions: I have EXVS, but not Full Boost. I see mention of DLC. Does this require a Japanese PSN account? Is the DLC expensive (or worth it)? I haven't played it nearly as much as I should.

Also kinda want EXVSFB because more Gundam is always better.

Buy Full Boost because all the EXVS DLC is part of the normal roster (on top of the game being better with all the gameplay changes, etc), plus the cost of EXVS DLC is probably just as much as a FB copy now anyway. And yes, you'd need a Japanese PSN.

Top Bottom