• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

jrronimo

Buy Full Boost because all the EXVS DLC is part of the normal roster (on top of the game being better with all the gameplay changes, etc), plus the cost of EXVS DLC is probably just as much as a FB copy now anyway. And yes, you'd need a Japanese PSN.

Awesome! Thanks!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
What's been the general feelings about Maxi Boost?
Has such a terrible opening song that it makes me wish for Linkin Park to return.

Everything else looks pretty hawt.
we can also pretend that the garbAGE units are not present

Yo GundamGAF. Finally installed the game and set a PSN JP account.

I will be sending friend requests to everyone on the list while I download other things. Looking forward to play with you all.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I really wish this game had GBF units in it. Want that Kampfer Amazing NOW!

haha im sure you aint the only one. Wouldnt be surprised if they were making a new game based off of GBF considering how insanely popular the series is.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
haha im sure you aint the only one. Wouldnt be surprised if they were making a new game based off of GBF considering how insanely popular the series is.
What's funny is that in order to have that, the only thing they have to do is take Gundam Breaker and switch its
terrible
fight mode with EXVS'.
Instant Profit.

God I want a GBF based EXVS soooo bad.

X05

On another note, my PS3 died and took my EXVSFB save with it :(

BnDESKT.gif

Parakeetman

D:

What's funny is that in order to have that, the only thing they have to do is take Gundam Breaker and switch its
terrible
fight mode with EXVS'.
Instant Profit.

God I want a GBF based EXVS soooo bad.

Seriously right?

Imagine if Bandai go overboard and put ic chips into their gunpla model kits so people have to buy those then take it to the arcades putting it in a scanning unit that digitizes it in game. :eek: millions will be made. MILLIONS.

DBZ with EXVS gameplay makes too much sense as well, especially if you want some of dat western audience. All the 1k jobbers, sooooo good.

Parakeetman

DBZ with EXVS gameplay makes too much sense as well, especially if you want some of dat western audience. All the 1k jobbers, sooooo good.

man that would be so awesome am surprised they havent tried considering how well ranged / melee works with the EXVS engine works.

X05

I played nothing but AGE-2 while I was in Japan back in April.
lalalala I can't hear you

I blame Scamco for using online passes and thus forcing me to play with my non-PS+ account :(

Seriously right?

Imagine if Bandai go overboard and put ic chips into their gunpla model kits so people have to buy those then take it to the arcades putting it in a scanning unit that digitizes it in game. :eek: millions will be made. MILLIONS.
Seriously, Scamco being Scamco this money-printing ideas not being realised surprises me to no end.

Prophane33

Finally picked this up (had to choose between Sengoku Basara 4 and this back in January - went with SB4 at the time). I've played a few hours on my US account, but now am debating starting over on my JP account to get the online trophies. I didn't realize there were online only trophies until this morning, on one hand I have to start over on the one hand, game is fun as hell. Decisions, decisions.

Finally picked this up (had to choose between Sengoku Basara 4 and this back in January - went with SB4 at the time). I've played a few hours on my US account, but now am debating starting over on my JP account to get the online trophies. I didn't realize there were online only trophies until this morning, on one hand I have to start over on the one hand, game is fun as hell. Decisions, decisions.

The real meat of the game is the online 2v2 anyway, so naturally you should be playing on your JP account.

Prophane33

The real meat of the game is the online 2v2 anyway, so naturally you should be playing on your JP account.

I rarely played the first one online (plus it didn't have the whole online pass nonsense) so it never even crossed my mind. NOW, I've learned my lesson.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
His theme better play when you score the game ending kill on him.

;~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be funny if the existing pool of DLC characters was our maxi preview lol

Some of them make a bit more sense with some of the unit promotions. Like Poe

One new guy and 2 FB clones over the next year

I was thinking to finally buy this game, should I wait for a version with all the dlcs or whatever?

In all likelihood, there won't be another release of FB; you may as well get it now.

The DLC suits are really for if you REALLY wanted to play a certain suit at a lower cost (with a few exceptions).

X05

If anything the game would have a Playstation The Best rerelease by early next year, with the included DLC being a grand total of 0.

Quick question. We're at a local pizza place getting this set up. Is there an easy way to keep random people from joining our room? I'm not sure hope to use private slots or invites if such things exist.

Quick question. We're at a local pizza place getting this set up. Is there an easy way to keep random people from joining our room? I'm not sure hope to use private slots or invites if such things exist.

Private slot options exist, along with being able to set the maximum number of players in your room.

Shingin

Kind of like what happened to Cali-VOOT at the last tournament, haha.

Excited to see it though, glad they're doing it again.

This one is just Full Boost, after the Super Arcade renovations are done in august we will be doing a Full Boost and Virtual On tournament.

This one is mostly for prep for EVO, since this a serious 2v2 tournament. I'll be donating to the pot if we get 14 or more teams to sign up.

Beckx

This one is just Full Boost, after the Super Arcade renovations are done in august we will be doing a Full Boost and Virtual On tournament.

This one is mostly for prep for EVO, since this a serious 2v2 tournament. I'll be donating to the pot if we get 14 or more teams to sign up.

Fantastic - thanks for everything you do to drive the US community on both games.

Wish I was in Cali so I could go to these things. Even if it was to just get rekted.

Same, same. Maybe one day I'll have an LA trip that coincides with one of these.

Parakeetman

Man it would be bonkers to see a Virtual On tourny. :D You guys are gonna live stream it right? Or have recorded footage up for those who miss the stream, (which might happen to me due to time zone stuff D:)

Beckx

Man it would be bonkers to see a Virtual On tourny. :D You guys are gonna live stream it right? Or have recorded footage up for those who miss the stream, (which might happen to me due to time zone stuff D:)

Check the archive for the last tourney they did back in the winter - the VOOT play was fantastic.

Parakeetman

Check the archive for the last tourney they did back in the winter - the VOOT play was fantastic.

Thanks, Ill most def do that!

I used to watch high lv guys play in Japan a long time ago and always was crazy. This was before all the gundam vs insanity took over for robot vs action.

AZUMIKE

Where do you guys think the VS. series will go after Maxi Boost? A few options come to mind:

1) Continue with the Extreme VS style (Example: "EXVS: Ultimate Boost" lol).
2) Continue, but change Versus gameplay up a bit, and switch actual system mechanics around (Still GVG, but no longer EXVS)
3) Take a hiatus?

After playing Full Boost, I'm wondering how Bamco can up the ante (or if they even need to, since FB is such a solid game).

Where do you guys think the VS. series will go after Maxi Boost? A few options come to mind:

1) Continue with the Extreme VS style (Example: "EXVS: Ultimate Boost" lol).
2) Continue, but change Versus gameplay up a bit, and switch actual system mechanics around (Still GVG, but no longer EXVS)
3) Take a hiatus?

After playing Full Boost, I'm wondering how Bamco can up the ante (or if they even need to, since FB is such a solid game).

Improve suits, improve network and add a story mode or something would be very nice.

Top Bottom