• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Beckx

Adding links & stream times for people who want to watch the show:

Vector Strike kicks off at Super Arcade in 4 hours.

If you like Virtual On: OT, my friend Schooly D (and sometime gundamgaf player) lays claim to being one of the best VOOT players in the country - so please drive the stream numbers up to put pressure on him to show it! (I'd bet on him to make Grand Finals)

VOOT stream starts at 9EST, Gundam at 10EST. www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds.

I've played too much Ribbons and that PV isn't doing anything for me anymore. I can't get fired up unless there are bright flashing colors n shit everywhere.

Ezalc

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh.

FINALLY got the game. Played against the pc a little since I don't have that much time today. It easily kicked my ass and reminded me how awful I am. Love this game, love Spiegel and the Gouf.

I already did the online pass thing, but I have another code for like EX-S I think and something else which I don't know what it is. I don't know where to use it. There isn't a guide for that in the OP, is there anything that explains what those are?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Man kinda let down by what I saw in the trailer with the Doan Zaku. D: Gonna have to call it the hobo zaku from now on.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Fuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhh.

FINALLY got the game. Played against the pc a little since I don't have that much time today. It easily kicked my ass and reminded me how awful I am. Love this game, love Spiegel and the Gouf.

I already did the online pass thing, but I have another code for like EX-S I think and something else which I don't know what it is. I don't know where to use it. There isn't a guide for that in the OP, is there anything that explains what those are?
If you got the first print, then one is EX-S and the other is for some free GUI (I think physical copies got the Gunpla one, us with the digital edition got a shitty camo one :( ). Both have to be redeemed through PSN IIRC.

Ezalc

If you got the first print, then one is EX-S and the other is for some free GUI (I think physical copies got the Gunpla one, us with the digital edition got a shitty camo one :( ). Both have to be redeemed through PSN IIRC.

I see thanks! I got it working here now.

After playing with the game my favorite units seem to be: Spiegel, Gouf Custom, Blue Destiny, Johnny Ridden's Zaku.

I was thinking of buying Shin Matsunaga DLC. Is there any of them that is really worth downloading or no?

Parakeetman

I see thanks! I got it working here now.

After playing with the game my favorite units seem to be: Spiegel, Gouf Custom, Blue Destiny, Johnny Ridden's Zaku.

I was thinking of buying Shin Matsunaga DLC. Is there any of them that is really worth downloading or no?

Kamille Mk-II Gundam most def.

dat kick

Ezalc

Kamille Mk-II Gundam most def.

dat kick

What I mean though is which are actually more unique units? I know Shin's is basically just a recolored Johnny Ridden Zaku, but I like that type's gameplay so I'm willing to buy it.

Quattre's Wing seems like just the same thing with a different pilot though.

Gaia Gundam looks to be something different as well, and so does Kamille's Mk II.

I'm just wondering which would offer a big difference in gameplay which would be worth the purchase.

I'm just wondering which would offer a big difference in gameplay which would be worth the purchase.

Any of the 1K MK-II Gundams, GN-X III, Doan's Zaku. Everything else is pretty much a copy or just a cut down move list.

The thing about the copy paste suits is that the changes to the way their reload times and ammo counts work is that it changes up the way they play significantly by making certain styles less optimal or more than others.

muteki

This was off my radar until I read Virtual On with Gundams.

Found it off amazon w/ an EXS code (still!), so hopefully I'm in for some fun.

Ezalc

Any of the 1K MK-II Gundams, GN-X III, Doan's Zaku. Everything else is pretty much a copy or just a cut down move list.

The thing about the copy paste suits is that the changes to the way their reload times and ammo counts work is that it changes up the way they play significantly by making certain styles less optimal or more than others.

Thanks for the help man! Gaia Gundam looked pretty different until I realized it was that Zoid looking tiger thing.

Also, I searched up a video to see Ellen's MkII. It started playing a Slam remix song, I looked at the uploader and to no surprise it was Donkeyshow's video hahaha.

EDIT: Cheapest place to buy japanese psn cards? Play-asia seems to be pretty pricy.

Thanks for the help man! Gaia Gundam looked pretty different until I realized it was that Zoid looking tiger thing.

Also, I searched up a video to see Ellen's MkII. It started playing a Slam remix song, I looked at the uploader and to no surprise it was Donkeyshow's video hahaha.

EDIT: Cheapest place to buy japanese psn cards? Play-asia seems to be pretty pricy.

C'mon and slam, man.

A lot of people here use Solaris. http://www.solarisjapan.com/

So I was in the shower the other day and a thought occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool if they applied the systems and engine from Ex vs to the Transformers franchise?

So I was in the shower the other day and a thought occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool if they applied the systems and engine from Ex vs the the Transformers franchise?
Transformers are ugly and dumb. Not even piloted by newtypes and anime characters, what fun could it be.

Parakeetman

So I was in the shower the other day and a thought occurred to me. Wouldn't it be cool if they applied the systems and engine from Ex vs the the Transformers franchise?

tumblr_lqn64m3njQ1ql4097o1_500.jpg

NEO0MJ

I don't know, the way transformers move about is very different from mobile suits. The boost system can't even be applied to most of them, especially autobots.

Transformers are ugly and dumb. Not even piloted by newtypes and anime characters, what fun could it be.

You're ugly and dumb :mad:

That bad huh? I guess I'll just reserve myself to singing in the shower.

I don't know, the way transformers move about is very different from mobile suits. The boost system can't even be applied to most of them, especially autobots...
Well of course the systems would need tweaking. I was thinking more along the lines of how you could have different sized transformers at different cost and using a bar or something as resource management for transformations.

Beth Cyra

I don't know, the way transformers move about is very different from mobile suits. The boost system can't even be applied to most of them, especially autobots.

You're ugly and dumb :mad:

Really depends on if we are talking G1 or beyond.

Galaxy Force Prime could EASILY be worked into the boost system as it stands, same goes for several of the Bots or Cons from all three of Unicorn Trilogy shows.

Ezalc

Is the thought of a vs combat game with Transformers really that distasteful to people?

No that's not it, hahaha. I mean Transformers are pretty cool and the VS combat mechanics are pretty cool.

So it'd be interesting if it was just one for that franchise, but I feel like they would need to make it unique for that series.

I would love to have a game like Super Robot Wars in the style of the VS games.

Parakeetman

No that's not it, hahaha. I mean Transformers are pretty cool and the VS combat mechanics are pretty cool.

So it'd be interesting if it was just one for that franchise, but I feel like they would need to make it unique for that series.

The problem with the SRW universe unless the OG, is the size differences with the units. Lets not even go into what would happen if we put in the king of all GMs Ideon in the game lol.

Its kinda like apocalypse in marvel super heroes vs street fighter.

NEO0MJ

The problem with the SRW universe unless the OG, is the size differences with the units. Lets not even go into what would happen if we put in the king of all GMs Ideon in the game lol.

Its kinda like apocalypse in marvel super heroes vs street fighter.

You don't have to put in every super robot, just those of similar size or who can be shrunk without much compromise. We already had multiple playable super robots in one game with Another Century.

Parakeetman

You don't have to put in every super robot, just those of similar size or who can be shrunk with much compromise. We already had multiple playable super robots in one game with Another Century.

Man in the original AC Layzner was so broken D: I havent played the later titles though as there was always something else out at the time which I picked up instead.

Speaking of EXVS gameplay jumping into other properties... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LOz77_2L8c

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805860

RISE OF INCARNATES COMBINES GROUND-BREAKING 2 vs. 2 GAMEPLAY AND FIGHTING GAME PEDIGREE

BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. Brings an All New Franchise to Life for PCs

SAN JOSE; Calif., (April 22, 2014) – BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. today announces an entirely new franchise, Rise of Incarnates. Forged by the creators of Tekken and SoulCalibur; unfettered 3D battles are about to be unleashed upon PC gamers. Rise of Incarnates is scheduled for release in the latter half of 2014 for PCs in the Americas.

Born from BANDAI NAMCO Games’ fighting game pedigree, the teams behind Tekken, SoulCalibur, and Gundam Extreme VS unite to bring Rise of Incarnates to life. Rise of Incarnates features ground-breaking 2 vs. 2 gameplay, a multitude of characters and roles, and battlegrounds throughout shattered yet accurately rendered real-world cityscapes. These diverse character types and roles, each with unique skills and powers, appeal to a variety of play-styles while accommodating expansive team dynamics and strategy. Players employ sharp reflexes, mental resolve, and strategic insight as they run, jump, and fly through 3D arenas, engaging in both close-quarters combat and long-range assaults.

Players take the role of “Incarnates”, humans that command untold mythical powers as they vie to avoid tragedy and reshape the course of their world. Due to their special abilities, Incarnates are both feared and loathed by the general population while being persecuted by the authorities that want to harness and use their power for their own nefarious needs. One day, a mysterious voice calls out to the Incarnates telling them the only way to avoid certain destruction is to destroy the “Sovereign of this era.” It is here that the battle for dominance amongst Incarnates begins and the fate of life on Earth hangs in the balance.

“As a new franchise, Rise of Incarnates represents the next big step in expanding BANDAI NAMCO’s footprint in the Free-to-Play gaming space,” said In Joon Hwang, Director of Digital Games at BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. “Having been built from the ground up, Rise of Incarnates contains the necessary attributes that create a rich and dynamic gaming environment that fans are sure to enjoy.”

Rise of Incarnates for PC is scheduled for release in the latter part of 2014. To learn more about Rise of Incarnates please visit: http://www.riseofincarnates.com/. To learn more about BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. go to: http://www.bandainamcogames.com/home.html.

http://giant.gfycat.com/RelievedGrotesqueAmethystsunbird.webm

Well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn5VfTSxXNs

it sucks

Top Bottom