• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost |OT| 3x Better Than Your Favorite Fighting/Mecha game

Beckx

A The Last Starfighter situation for Gundam would be amazing as a TV show, lol.

Sunrise needs to hire us and let the cash roll in.

I still get nightmarish flashbacks from doing the crossbone and unicorn stages.

But still so fun! I was fanboying out a bit during the crossbone stage. I wish the Shamblo fight had a bit more strategy to it.

Okay this has my attention. I think there's a certain dissonance to the art style - the "realistic" approach to the NY background (would be at home in Crysis or the like) doesn't fit with the anime-style characters very well. But still it looks good and I'm down to see the EXVS system expand. It could be big if they get it right.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sunrise needs to hire us and let the cash roll in.

But still so fun! I was fanboying out a bit during the crossbone stage. I wish the Shamblo fight had a bit more strategy to it.

Okay this has my attention. I think there's a certain dissonance to the art style - the "realistic" approach to the NY background (would be at home in Crysis or the like) doesn't fit with the anime-style characters very well. But still it looks good and I'm down to see the EXVS system expand. It could be big if they get it right.

As I had mentioned in that thread, really dont like the character designs at all in that game. Way too busy looking. :/ Though yeah if they are going for the EXVS gameplay might be interesting.

Kalamari

I know it's in the early design stages, but RoI just doesn't seem that exciting compared to Gundam. If anything, it might draw more attention to Full Boost. Better looking characters would go a long way in garnering interest, as well as doing away with the f2p model.

Shouta

Watching NorCal/SoCal play with Sengoku and a bunch of other JPs and it's pretty interesting. The JPs are definitely more comfortable with their play and it's helping them quite a bit. There is an element of lag as well in there as well but they've compensated for it too. Pair play definitely needs to be done more over here if possible. Lots of good teamwork by the JPs that really roughed up the NorCal/SoCal teams' play a bit. I've definitely seen them play better so it's not a hopeless endeavor, especially considering the margin that they lost by in match was generally pretty small for the most part.

Parakeetman

Watching NorCal/SoCal play with Sengoku and a bunch of other JPs and it's pretty interesting. The JPs are definitely more comfortable with their play and it's helping them quite a bit. There is an element of lag as well in there as well but they've compensated for it too. Pair play definitely needs to be done more over here if possible. Lots of good teamwork by the JPs that really roughed up the NorCal/SoCal teams' play a bit. I've definitely seen them play better so it's not a hopeless endeavor, especially considering the margin that they lost by in match was generally pretty small for the most part.

Do they keep recorded footage of those matches? Would love to watch it thats why.

Parakeetman

Maybe on Brett's stream? Maybe on Nico too but I don't know how their recordings work.

Thanks Shouta, Ill check on that. Always love watching matches between the East and West. Used to watch some stuff at times back in the Armored Core days since there were some pretty crazy matches. The play styles are different too which I had found fascinating.

Oh man that last match was losing it with those end of the match messages. hahaha

The GP-02. Seeing someone use that is more rare than tits on a bull lol.

Was that the one where Gyan threw up the nuke and Banshee killed him right as it went off? Because that shit was amazing.

This was me as I saw WIN come up when the nuke blew up.

x1l1emH.gif

Parakeetman

Youtube'd it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKgt9W-S7a4

4 Murica!

That was unfortunate really, but thankfully it worked out for us, heh! A Burst nuke did so much to Gyan.

God bless you donkey :D Gonna go show this to my buddy, hes gonna get a kick out of it! "あれは・・・ いいものだ!" lol Man that is some GIF material right there almost.

That other footage too in beckxs stream on the port stage, where gyan once again got nailed by the blast. That was the other fight which was talking about so much of the combat taking place in air. :D

Beckx

That was unfortunate really, but thankfully it worked out for us, heh! A Burst nuke did so much to Gyan.

EDIT: Watching your stream confirmed I nuke killed my partner too xD

haha, yeah, you and I are both flopping in the air meanwhile both our partners are burning in the nuke. So sad.

Beckx

Man, someone get Gato some protein shakes.

------

My son (10) and I played Arcade Route E together today, video archive here. He's young and I'm terrible, so don't expect incredible play, but we had a great time.

(We lowered difficulty though. :) Also I tested new stream settings with this, need to back the bitrate off a bit as it chokes in a couple of places. Better image though.)

Bay-LAGOON

Neo Member
I may have seen some of you around. My ID is IdlersGame, and if I failed a bunch of you in fights, I apologize. But hopefully I can catch some of you around!

Tayaya

I haven't played since the week the game came out. I need to get back on this. I would like to play multiplayer but you guys are in another league entirely.

Parakeetman

Btw has there been any sort of new announcements for actual original DLC units yet for FB? D:

While not gundam related its mech related shit. And wanted to toss this in here since I remember someones saying "what if this game was a program to find new types in the population" sort of deal. I say nah man, this is the game you stick people in if you want that lol.

Pretty interesting too since its JP vs US players. Low vid quality footage but insanely amusing to watch a personal fav of mine for AC vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY

So, I'm finally buying this and had a question about the G-sound tracks. I assume I have to download them on my JPN account with the online pass, but once downloaded, can I use them on my American account?

ACESmkII

What I find a little weird about the extra tracks in the G sound version is that they are installed in a invisible folder on my ps3 (not on the disc) and I can only listen to them when I am playing the game.

It would have been cool to have access to the folder and be able to access it with all my other music.

Top Bottom